View Full Version : any canadian riders ??

kawi_cj
March 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
new to the site im located in canada
was wondering if there is any others?

all the way from
mississauga, ont

komohana
March 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
aloha canada!
welcome to the forum :yo:

kkim
March 23rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
as you can see... lots from Hawaii... why don't you just move here? :D

check out the members map.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11566

NICUNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
I reside near London, Ontario. I know that there are some from the Toronto area also on the forum. Welcome. :)

Nemy
March 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Checkin in from Toronto! lol signup for gtamotorcycle.com too... our local riders forum. Lots of group rides up in 'sauga and vaughan and even a 125/250 regular group ride.

welcome to the site!

Snake
March 23rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
I am not from Canada but have always wanted to visit.

kylerwhite
March 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
I AM Canadian! :canada: Representing the west coast here in Victoria.

azia
March 23rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
yep!!! i'm downtown toronto!!

watcanido
March 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
I am from Scarborough, and still waiting for my first ride of the season. welcome to the forum. :D

crystalh
March 24th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I'm also a cannuck. repping the prairie folk. Saskatoon, SK!

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Im representin the peace bridge straight outta Ruff Buff NY foos. Represent son. :D kiddin

Buffalo NY here. I used to go to Canada often. I've been in mississauga many times. Toronto is great.:thumbup:
I've been over the border alot....its right here. It's getting really hard to go now with the new ID requirements!! Sucks actually cause I haven't been over in a while...I like to leave my Birth Cert at home in a safe place. Not take it around with me. If you need a birth cert for a NY ID I think its stupid to have to take one with you to cross the border. The new Licenses aren't cheap either and their going up soon! Though they do double as passports.

Anyway.. welcome to the forum.

250RBond
March 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I am from Bunkford:eek: Oh i mean Brantford:canada::cheers:

BlueTyke
March 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the boards! The members map may be able to help you as it has a little 'pin' for the members :)

kawi_cj
March 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Checkin in from Toronto! lol signup for gtamotorcycle.com too... our local riders forum. Lots of group rides up in 'sauga and vaughan and even a 125/250 regular group ride.

welcome to the site!

heyy thanks
yes im actually on the gta but the guys there are getting alittle cocky
probley becus i only got a 250 lol still its a good site
but let me kno when the 125/250 group rides run id be into that
thanks bro
:thumbup:

kawi_cj
March 24th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Heyy everybody

thanks for the warm replys
it's a pleasure to be on this site and im glad i ran into this forum.

if anybody from t.o or sauga are riding pm me and im always done for riding.

GoldieTiger
March 24th, 2009, 08:44 PM
new to the site im located in canada
was wondering if there is any others?

all the way from
mississauga, ont

Hello Hello again!
Cool I didn't know you got a 250 too!
I'm up in Brampton!
sold my 125 last year & picking up the 250 next week!

BTW we met @ the awareness rally!:thumbup:
You drove a silver SUV right?

kkim
March 24th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the forum, Goldie. :)

GoldieTiger
March 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, Goldie. :)

Thanks Kelly!
I guess I should have posted my 1st in introductions! hehe!
:D

Syphen
March 24th, 2009, 09:19 PM
North of GTA (Barrie Area) here!

Nemy
March 25th, 2009, 09:40 AM
heyy thanks
yes im actually on the gta but the guys there are getting alittle cocky
probley becus i only got a 250 lol still its a good site
but let me kno when the 125/250 group rides run id be into that
thanks bro
:thumbup:

ya most forums do... that's why it's great here. And from the looks of it, we have enough here in the GTA area to form up some group rides :thumbup:

paterick4o8
March 25th, 2009, 12:46 PM
What's it like riding out in Canada? I know it's a big place, but in Toronto, it was blazin hot when I was there. But Vancouver, it was colder and cloudy. Any cool pics of some places to ride?

azia
March 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
What's it like riding out in Canada? I know it's a big place, but in Toronto, it was blazin hot when I was there. But Vancouver, it was colder and cloudy. Any cool pics of some places to ride?

Generally, the weather in Vancouver is warmer but also more mild. In Toronto it seems to be really hot in the summer and really code in winter. :rolleyes:

Toronto downtown is really bad for riding....even the highways in the GTA. Lots of construction, potholes, pedestrians, etc. but out in the burbs it's pretty good. Definitely no big twisties but good for night riding.

In Vancouver LOTS of hills (like San Francisco). Some BEAUTIFUL scenery. I find the drivers there crazier.

In Montreal, craziest! Lol, j/k. But generally, I find they can be pretty aggressive. Not sure about riding roads, though. Eastern Quebec (Gaspe bay area) has AMAZING roads to ride, though. Not so challenging as it is relaxing and beautiful, especially in summer....

Not sure about the rest of Canada....haven't travelled as much in other areas.

Syphen
March 25th, 2009, 02:46 PM
ya most forums do... that's why it's great here. And from the looks of it, we have enough here in the GTA area to form up some group rides :thumbup:

I've noticed that about GTAM also. I hate that forum and how anal or disrespectful a lot of people there can be.

kawi_cj
March 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Hello Hello again!
Cool I didn't know you got a 250 too!
I'm up in Brampton!
sold my 125 last year & picking up the 250 next week!

BTW we met @ the awareness rally!:thumbup:
You drove a silver SUV right?

no i was there but in my car
i had my son so i couldnt ride there
pm if u want to ride

kawi_cj
March 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM

im down to ride anytime
so we should all get somthin
together im always on my bike

kawi_cj
March 25th, 2009, 03:11 PM

check out (forks of the credit)
on you tube it got a lot
of twistys n its only 30 mins
from toronto nice place to ride

kawi_cj
March 25th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I've noticed that about GTAM also. I hate that forum and how anal or disrespectful a lot of people there can be.

Most of them r f**ken a**holes, but there r
some good ppl on there thats how i found
this forum someone sent it to me
cause i asked about tires n i couldent
get a normal anser from nobody.

Nemy
March 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM
check out (forks of the credit)
on you tube it got a lot
of twistys n its only 30 mins
from toronto nice place to ride

yup, forks and hockley are probably two of the closest to Toronto. I'm dying to do 507 though.

And to answer paterick - Toronto roads suck. If you somehow manage to avoid traffic, the roads are straight, the lights are plentiful, and as azia mentioned - potholes and grated roads galore. But that's all we have because of the freeze/thaw cycle and excessive salt dumping :(

BlueRaven
March 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Representing the east coast here...

kkim
March 26th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum, Rachel! :)

Syphen
March 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
If anyone form GTA wants to go on a proper set of roads for a good ride and doesn't mind driving up to Barrie to set off on a 3-4 hour loop.. Let me know. Forks of the Credit sucks compared to some of the roads through Muskoka. Southwood Rd, Coopers Falls Rd, Housey Rapid Rd, Whitefish Falls Rd, and Upper Big Chute Road makes for one hell of a days worth of Riding.

Nemy
March 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a plan! Hell, it takes the same amount of time for me to get to Barrie than if I was going to Forks anyways. Set a date!

Countrygirl
March 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Hi! I'm nestled next to the Rocky Mountains by Calgary, Alberta. :)

crystalh
March 28th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hopefully I'll be by the mountains soon, Countrygirl... I just recently applied to UBC at their campus in the Okanagan. Love the Rockies!

kylerwhite
March 28th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hopefully I'll be by the mountains soon, Countrygirl... I just recently applied to UBC at their campus in the Okanagan. Love the Rockies!

BC is great place to live. I'm on Vancouver Island and there is a lot of great places to ride.

kawi_cj
March 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
If anyone form GTA wants to go on a proper set of roads for a good ride and doesn't mind driving up to Barrie to set off on a 3-4 hour loop.. Let me know. Forks of the Credit sucks compared to some of the roads through Muskoka. Southwood Rd, Coopers Falls Rd, Housey Rapid Rd, Whitefish Falls Rd, and Upper Big Chute Road makes for one hell of a days worth of Riding.

Im always up to ride. so we should all set
a date to do a good ride up there in barrie.

Syphen
March 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I'll have to beg the fiance to use the Ninja 250 for a ride. Might get stuck with a CBR lol She is getting pretty defensive of it now.

poopooegg
April 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'm in Vaughan, Ontario. I'm planning to buy the 250 after my wedding in May. Hope to see you peeps on the roads soon!

Nemy
April 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I'm in Vaughan, Ontario. I'm planning to buy the 250 after my wedding in May. Hope to see you peeps on the roads soon!

hehe lucky man! Gotta be lucky if you're newlywed's ALLOWING you to buy a bike right after the wedding :D:thumbup: And welcome to the forums!

BlueRaven
April 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM

You better buy asap to avoid them selling out unless you want to buy used. I was on a waiting since last April and only got it last month. The dealer also said that this was going to be a repeat of last year. We were sold out in the maritimes in April.

poopooegg
April 13th, 2009, 08:01 AM
hehe lucky man! Gotta be lucky if you're newlywed's ALLOWING you to buy a bike right after the wedding :D:thumbup: And welcome to the forums!

I suppose I'm lucky. My better half is also in the process of learning to ride a motorcycle. We took the riding course together last year in the summer with Humber Motorcycle Program, I passed but she didn't. So she's going to try again this year in the summer :)

You better buy asap to avoid them selling out unless you want to buy used. I was on a waiting since last April and only got it last month. The dealer also said that this was going to be a repeat of last year. We were sold out in the maritimes in April.

Thanks for the heads up BlueRaven. I can't really use the money now as all the funds are focused on the wedding/reception. I will need to see how much I have left by the end of May... ;) Let's hope I have enough by then if not, bike will need to wait until next year :(

Nemy
April 13th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I suppose I'm lucky. My better half is also in the process of learning to ride a motorcycle. We took the riding course together last year in the summer with Humber Motorcycle Program, I passed but she didn't. So she's going to try again this year in the summer :)

I don't remember if Humber offers it, but you might want to look into RTI, instead then. It offers free retesting that some of my friends have made use of.

poopooegg
April 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I don't remember if Humber offers it, but you might want to look into RTI, instead then. It offers free retesting that some of my friends have made use of.

Thanks, that's awesome! I'll definitely keep that in mind. They even have the women-only training program. I'll pass on this information to my fiance to see if she's interested.

Just for other people's reference: http://www.ridertraining.ca

kawi_cj
April 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
any one taking the bikes out this weekend ?

PM me .

capt_bugaloo
April 16th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Another 250r rider in Victoria, BC here.

Anthony_marr
August 15th, 2009, 12:51 AM

Come ride the Sea-to-Sky Hwy - the one linking Vancouver and Whistler (2010 Winter Olympics venues) - 1.5 hours of tight twisties with up-cliff on one side and down-cliff (to the ocean) on the other. Summer is best, almost guaranteed cool sunshine (70s).

sofo
August 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Come ride the Sea-to-Sky Hwy - the one linking Vancouver and Whistler (2010 Winter Olympics venues) - 1.5 hours of tight twisties with up-cliff on one side and down-cliff (to the ocean) on the other. Summer is best, almost guaranteed cool sunshine (70s).

I'm working up to S2S and can't wait to ride it for the first time.

Anthony_marr
August 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm working up to S2S and can't wait to ride it for the first time.

If/when you decide to take that challenge, let me know. I've ridden it when I had my Yamaha 650 in the 80s, but not on the Ninja which is almost custom-made for it. I'm itching to find a riding buddy to tackle this "most dangerous highway in N. America".

lockie
August 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Riding those mountain roads must be fun. I'm in Kelowna for the past week, sans Ninja, and I'm envious of the roads and the folks I see riding around here. Can't wait to get back to the east a ride again

Mista Bob
August 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Just south of Calgary, Alberta here

bztian
August 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
How about a Canadian rider living in Southern California?

Talonne
August 20th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Hi! I'm nestled next to the Rocky Mountains by Calgary, Alberta. :)

Just south of Calgary, Alberta here

Awesome, I'm in Calgary as well. :) I can't wait to get a little more mileage under my belt and then head into the mountains!

mr.niftie
August 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
We're in Oakville.

demp
August 21st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Rider over in North York ^^

Snoman13
August 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM
We're in Oakville.

Hey! Me too!

mr.niftie
August 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Where abouts?
When & where do you ride?
I did a Lower Base Line run last night.

Hey! Me too!

Snoman13
August 31st, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm around Upper Middle & 6th line area, you?

Taking the RTI/MSF course in a week or so, so haven't really spent any time riding yet, just doing as much reading about everything as possible.

Got some good routes around this area?

mr.niftie
August 31st, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm in the Rebecca & 4th Line area.
I saw a red Ninja 250 this afternoon on Warminister.
What is the RTI/MSF? Is that the M1 exit course?
For the most part, I just drive around aimlessly ;)
Sometimes I ride to work. Sometimes around 7 I hit the backroads or into Burlington.
My buddy has a Ducatti and him and his Harley buddies usually head out after 9.

I'm around Upper Middle & 6th line area, you?

Taking the RTI/MSF course in a week or so, so haven't really spent any time riding yet, just doing as much reading about everything as possible.

Got some good routes around this area?

KELPHYN
September 1st, 2009, 03:33 AM
Yup! There are afew of us canucks around. I'm in Central B.C. Good to see more us proving that we don't all use dogsleds. Still a couple of months before those come out.:D

Snoman13
September 6th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I'm in the Rebecca & 4th Line area.
I saw a red Ninja 250 this afternoon on Warminister.
What is the RTI/MSF? Is that the M1 exit course?
For the most part, I just drive around aimlessly ;)
Sometimes I ride to work. Sometimes around 7 I hit the backroads or into Burlington.
My buddy has a Ducatti and him and his Harley buddies usually head out after 9.

Yeah, the RTI is the Riders Training Institute, MSF is just the American name for their course.

I'm pretty excited, taking the course this weekend, can't wait to just go exploring around!

mr.niftie
September 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
So how'd you make out?

gizmogamez
September 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM
what a great weekend we just had for riding!!!!!!!!

Anthony_marr
September 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Yup! There are afew of us canucks around. I'm in Central B.C. Good to see more us proving that we don't all use dogsleds. Still a couple of months before those come out.:D

Since the dogsleds will soon be coming out, I find myself riding more often than before. Yesterday, I went out riding twice, which is usual.

Good thing about riding in general is that every time I ride, I improve something, usually how I take the twisties. The improvement is palpable and cumulative from time to time, and is here to stay.

Snoman13
September 8th, 2009, 02:37 PM
So how'd you make out?

*This weekend coming up.

Hopefully it doesn't rain...

I'm curious what people do if it is, or its a matter of just sitting there in the rain for as long as it feels like raining.

Courteau
September 8th, 2009, 05:23 PM
2 riders from quebec, me and my wife both have a 09 250r
halfway between montreal and quebec city, 20min from a nice national park with twisties

mr.niftie
September 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
The show goes on with anything short of lightning!
Bring rain gear. I did but luckily it cleared up just as we started and it turned into a beuatifull weekend.
I think you'll be fine this weekend with only a small chance of rain.

*This weekend coming up.

Hopefully it doesn't rain...

I'm curious what people do if it is, or its a matter of just sitting there in the rain for as long as it feels like raining.

Marquise
September 28th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I am just south of Calgary Alberta. Look me up if u wanna go riding :thumbup:

jcgirl
November 10th, 2009, 11:10 AM
You guys should all come to Vancouver Island for a ride. It's beautiful and we can pretty much ride year round.

Anthony_marr
November 11th, 2009, 01:29 AM
You guys should all come to Vancouver Island for a ride. It's beautiful and we can pretty much ride year round.

The next sunny stretch I might take my bike over for some visits.

If you ever find yourself in Vancouver with your bike, give me a try. Maybe we could do part of the Sea-to-Sky.

250Rocket
November 11th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Montreal here.

God I can't wait for summer 2011. I graduate from University and i'm doing a month or so of touring Canada on my 250R. 2 weeks into the Maritimes, pit stop back home and then head out west for 3 weeks. It's to far away :(

jcgirl
November 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM
The next sunny stretch I might take my bike over for some visits.

If you ever find yourself in Vancouver with your bike, give me a try. Maybe we could do part of the Sea-to-Sky.

Just remember that its always sunnier on the island. I went out for over 2 hours today. Up past the ferry on West Saanich. Beautiful day for riding!!!

Anytime you want to come over just let me know.

capt_bugaloo
November 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I also live in Victoria. I have some time off from work today and the weather isn't too bad (cloudy and +6c) so I plan to go for a ride later this AM.

jcgirl
November 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I also live in Victoria. I have some time off from work today and the weather isn't too bad (cloudy and +6c) so I plan to go for a ride later this AM.

I am so jealous!!! I'm stuck in the office all day :(

I want to go out again this weekend sometime. I keep pushing further up island each time... It's just so darn pretty up there.

Let me know if anyone wants to try and plan anything.

BlueRaven
November 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Montreal here.

God I can't wait for summer 2011. I graduate from University and i'm doing a month or so of touring Canada on my 250R. 2 weeks into the Maritimes, pit stop back home and then head out west for 3 weeks. It's to far away :(

Let me know when you plan to drop in south east NB. There's me, Remy and Lockie if he comes down again next summer. We could all go for a ride or even tag along for certain sections of the maritimes depending on our schedules.

250Rocket
November 14th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a plan, although at the moment I'm keeping it very open. The only thing set in stone is the trip itself. I'll be laying down the details Spring 11. Too far away though, I want to do it now :(

mr.niftie
November 19th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Went out yesterday afternoon for a nice long ride.
Only my toes got cold.
Any colder and that will be the end of the season for my.
Although I won't shed a tear as I just loaded my sleds on the trailer :D

Rayme
November 19th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Let me know when you plan to drop in south east NB. There's me, Remy and Lockie if he comes down again next summer. We could all go for a ride or even tag along for certain sections of the maritimes depending on our schedules.

Yes, I would totally go outta my way to have a big ninja meet, I know another friend of mine that would join too.

joyinc
March 21st, 2010, 01:03 AM
another one from Brantford! :)

Méké
March 21st, 2010, 01:09 AM
And me from Baie-Comeau , too far from you , sorry !

J Walk
March 21st, 2010, 10:54 PM
I'm originally from Toronto and the Summers are better there, living now in Victoria and the weather here is the reason why I bought my little ninja, ride almost year round, its crazy :)

Would definitely love a group ride with you guys here.

Anyone know of any riding schools on the island? It's a big no no I know but been riding with just my writen :(

lockie
March 22nd, 2010, 07:44 PM
If you're ever in Goose Bay let me know :)

[]V[]addog
August 30th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I'm in NB and will be moving to Halifax shortly!
what up!

Scootch
September 4th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I'm in Toronto, right near Yorkdale actually. Would love to ride sometime!

Sailariel
September 6th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Spent a lot of time in past years sailing to Toronto, Oakville, Bronte, and other ports on Lake Ontario. We are now berthed in Belfast, Maine. I am planning on touring the Maritimes next summer. Did the Gaspe last year and had a great time. Next summer I plan on doing some bicycling in Montreal and then spending time in Quebec and New Brunswick. I really need to do this because nobody around here speaks French, and I don't want to lose it due to lack of use---besides, I like Quebec and New Brunswick--particularly St. Andrew.

Courteau
September 7th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Trois-Rivieres here's

if you come by there the Parc de la mauricie, reallly really nice in motorbike, lots of nice curve and the pavement is perfect (compare to the rest of quebec)

LegB4Wicket
September 7th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

nealt
September 24th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Also in Toronto (Brampton), also a member of GTAM. I'm new to Brampton as well so hoping to find a good group to go on rides with to get familiar.

demp
September 24th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I'm in Toronto, right near Yorkdale actually. Would love to ride sometime!

I really should pay more attention to this thread - where abouts?

I'm up near dufferin/finch:thumbup:

nutmeg
September 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I am in Southern Alberta, Near Calgary. Just started riding this year and loving it...

BlueRaven
September 24th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Welcome Donna. Visited Alberta quite a few times but never went south of Leduc. Was planning to move in Northern Alberta but there was a change in the plans of life.

nutmeg
September 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I have lived in Alberta/BC for 14 years, I love it here. Emigrated from UK in 96. Husband has been riding on road for ever, I used to go on his bike as a passenger. In May of this year I decided I wanted to get my own... Here I am. We ride off road as well. Lots of fun as a family, we have three boys ages 13, 16, 20.