View Full Version : Finally:]

NewNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys! I finally got the hang of things and I'm riding on the streets daily now! The only problem is all these people with cars always wanna seem to race, and of course I take them up for the challenge so I don't make the 250 look bad. But still...

kkim
March 23rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
The only problem is all these people with cars always wanna seem to race, and of course I take them up for the challenge so I don't make the 250 look bad.

don't do that... you'll make the 250 look bad by racing on the street. :(

plus you should be concentrating on riding safely and avoiding hazardous situations like racing.

zartan
March 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
learn how to stop rather than go fast!!

NewNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 09:24 PM
Lol but if its a car I absolutely know I can take then why not?
So, you guys never race anyone just for the heck of it, like a Honda Civic or something? It's so tempting though.

kkim
March 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
no.

not on the street.

NewNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Okay, okay! I won't do that anymore then I guess... :[

Sound Wave
March 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
So, you guys never race anyone just for the heck of it, like a Honda Civic or something? It's so tempting though.

glad that you are getting the hang of the bike. but.... this is your first bike and you got it the 12th of this month... a week and a half ago.... and you are racing others on the street?

sorry but i gotta say that besides being illegal, street racing is stupid. street racing on a bike is.... well, worse than stupid. street racing on a first bike that you owned for less than 2 weeks.... :doh:

it isn't worth it. just let those idiots go. instead of racing, just find yourself a nice curvy stretch of road and have fun.

kkim
March 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
if you want to race, consider taking it to a dragstrip or a road course. a controlled environment makes things a lot safer.

street racing eventually results in bad things happening.

NewNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
There's the Irwindale race track around my place I could go to. Yeah it's pretty stupid though when I think about it. I shouldn't even be riding in the streets yet since I don't have a license, registration, or insurance.

Verus Cidere
March 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
This is true. I can't say I haven't done it before, because I have. But I haven't in several months, and I won't be (on the street at least) racing again at all. Like they said, it's not worth it. I've heard far to many stories of people wrecking in street races. I know, I'm kinda hypocritical for having done it, and saying it's a bad idea, but take it from experience. IT'S A BAD IDEA!!!!!

A fun thing to do though, which you'll probably get a laugh out of every time: If someone in a riced-out civic pulls up next to you wanting to race at a stoplight, rev your bike a couple times and inch forward maybe and inch (nothing to sudden, just a little nudge) like you're going to, and then sit at the light a couple seconds after they take off. They'll speed forward for about 3 seconds and then slow down all dissapointed every time. It's almost like acting like you're going to throw a bone for a dog and watching it run, only to realize that you never threw it in the first place. :D

Edit -- ARE YOU INSANE????? Put your bike in the garage, get insurance and registration (and a license plate), and take your local MSF course/get your endorsement before you ride it again!!!!! Unless of course you plan on losing your bike completely, either for a wreck without insurance, or from an impound for riding illegally!

Sound Wave
March 23rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
just trying to look out for you. would hate to have something happen to you.

i envy you that you have a track to go to.

NewNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
LOL yeah I just passed the MSF course. The track is like 30 dollars for the whole day I think. Not sure if it's the same for bikes. My whole group is riding with none of that stuff. I'm actually the only one getting a license -.-.. Just the other day my friend was about to get pulled over because he didn't have a license plate either, but he booked through traffic and hit the freeway. Cop didn't even try. I'd never have the guts to do that though. Anyways, I'm getting mixed answers about the written test. Some people say 30 questions and some people say like 50?

sometimesido
March 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
30 dollars for the whole day?
I'm jealous.:(

NewNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I've never been there. But I think it's just a big oval though?

Verus Cidere
March 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Danny,

My advice to you: distance yourself from that group. 'Sounds like all they're setting you up for is trouble and injury. Find yourself a group of experienced riders that know how to enjoy riding for riding, not because they can go fast and beat out cops. That's irresponsible, illegal, dangerous (especially in traffic like you said), and, to put it quite bluntly, stupid. You'll get yourself killed just because you're trying to look cool. Riding should never be about looking cool. It should be about enjoying yourself, which can't happen if you're in a bodycast at the hospital eating through a straw!

kkim
March 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
I shouldn't even be riding in the streets yet since I don't have a license, registration, or insurance.

so, why are you? :banghead:

Verus Cidere
March 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
so, why are you? :banghead:

Exactly! :mad:

sometimesido
March 23rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
uh oh lol.

zartan
March 23rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
don't make us taze you bro :)
Please don't set motorcycles back 20 years.

I get the racing stuff all the time with the STI. I do the fake out thing. It is just as fun.:) Someday I would like to really learn some true in control aggresive driving. In a controlled enviroment, but with somebody's elses STI :) Maybe Race bike rentals can do Race STI rentals heehee.

I do like the ability to pull out on a 2 lane 60 mile an hour road and wick it up to speed limit and ( maybe a tad more :)) but race someone,,, NO way. 52 fatalities in the past 10 years on this highway.

NewNinja
March 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
I have no idea! I'm just as much trouble as them :[ They've all been riding for awhile now though, they can do all those fancy tricks too, like just standing on the seat while the bikes in motion. I'm not gonna do any of that though.

zartan
March 23rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Danny I think you are pulling our legs.. are you baiting us for fun???

sometimesido
March 23rd, 2009, 10:29 PM
I hope this is a rickroll.

Verus Cidere
March 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
On that note, please a thread I just posted which has a picture of why you shouldn't stunt ride and a couple reasons not to do it:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15758

Edit -- I agree. I really hope you're kidding!

miks
March 23rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
As Zartan said, the 'fake out' thing is good. Just rev wildly and when it turns green, don't move - they'll be blasting down the street while you sit there laughing, and you never know the 5-0 might just be around the corner!

Edit : Michael said it first! haha

Verus Cidere
March 23rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Heeeey.... I suggested that first!! :p

zartan
March 23rd, 2009, 10:42 PM
no you didn't... just kidding :) yes you did

fake out is fun

zartan
March 23rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Danny you are so lucky to have such a great track near by. take advantage of that for sure :)

miks
March 23rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Heeeey.... I suggested that first!! :p

My bad mate! :thumbup:

kkim
March 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Danny... my bad for setting a tone early on in the thread that wasn't productive. blame it on too many green bottles... or not enough! :D

Just know we are all looking out for what we feel is your best interest as a new rider. There are quite a few here with some time under our belts and have seen the awful results that can happen from not doing things "right".

Hope you pursue your need for speed at a local track. I envy you as it's an opportunity that doesn't present itself to everyone. In Hawaii, we have no racing venues to use to vent our motor sport desires as the only major raceway park closed down a few years ago. Since then, street racing has become a way of life with many gruesome accidents as the result.

I hope you take heed what we are trying to convey, in sometimes clumsy fashion, that racing can be enjoyed in its proper place. Go for it man, but in the safe environment in which it was meant be experienced.:thumbup:

hogfan83
March 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM

wow..take out the stupid in all this and lets consider it with just facts...

if you think your a badass on a 250 then your too dumb to be on two wheels. riding a 250 is the car world equivalent of the "riced out" honda civic your trying to put in its place. by street racing you are no better than the 4 cylinder import that pulls up next to my corvette.

with that said get a license, get insured, get legal, and get smart.

sometimesido
March 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Hope you pursue your need for speed at a local track. I envy you as it's an opportunity that doesn't present itself to everyone. In Hawaii, we have no racing venues to use to vent our motor sport desires as the only major raceway park closed down a few years ago. Since then, street racing has become a way of life with many gruesome accidents as the result.

Wow, that's unfortunate.

Sound Wave
March 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
Wow, that's unfortunate.
tell me about it. :mad:

they are in the process of building a new race park here on oahu, but it is a long drawn out process.

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 04:55 AM
wow..take out the stupid in all this and lets consider it with just facts...

if you think your a badass on a 250 then your too dumb to be on two wheels. riding a 250 is the car world equivalent of the "riced out" honda civic your trying to put in its place. by street racing you are no better than the 4 cylinder import that pulls up next to my corvette.

Or my Camaro :D

Yep its not even worth it......I got owned by the first civic to challenge me:cool: really happened. well i didnt downshift..sooo anyway

For alittle dough these kids these days are getting quite a bit of speed out of 4 bangers. Its okay though. Just wasnt an accurate comparison. The point was still there.

8R7Qp92oKEk

If this member is for real. I honestly think he's either not mature enough for a motorcycle yet or is just someone who shouldn't be within 3 feet of one.

BlueTyke
March 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Why should I care of a Civic wants to be faster than me? I am on a motorcycle. I have the freedom to feel the curves in the road.. They are already jealous. Why give them more reason to be? :toocoolforasmilie:

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Why should I care of a Civic wants to be faster than me? I am on a motorcycle. I have the freedom to feel the curves in the road.. They are already jealous. Why give them more reason to be? :toocoolforasmilie:

It really had had nothing to do with a civic. Just the fact that this member is more concerned with looking cool and holding a reputation he doesn't have/ or will kill himself before he gets. Sorry to be so blunt. N.O.

BlueTyke
March 24th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Um Joe... I was stating that it was pretty much stupid to consider what other people 'think' about you on your bike... Hince... why should I care what they (other drivers) think if I can race/win etc... I was asking the OP why I should.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Um Joe... I was stating that it was pretty much stupid to consider what other people 'think' about you on your bike... Hince... why should I care what they (other drivers) think if I can race/win etc... I was asking the OP why I should.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Chill cat scratch. :D

There is a certain machoness situation here which need by bypassed by this gender challenged member. One that is easily bypassed by the opposite sex.

Whats wrong with me on my bike? huh? I'm sweet and I need to show my friends and I definitely need to demonstrate this to strangers.:D

BlueTyke
March 24th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Right... That is just a guy thing... :rolleyes: Girls are by no means competitive, vain, egotistical or like to know their toy is better...

(incase you miss the sarcasim there... There is some. Most rather :) )

My point was it shouldn't matter what they think of you. It is what you think of you and your bike. I am not out to beat the world in a race, I am here to enjoy it.

Btw a true friend would NOT let you ride around unlicensed, unregistered, and uninsured.

sometimesido
March 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Think I'll have some fun with fake out today :D

Verus Cidere
March 24th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Btw a true friend would NOT let you ride around unlicensed, unregistered, and uninsured.

My point exactly. Encouraging you to do so, and setting an example of that, not to mention putting people in danger in traffic just to save your own skin from a cop is stupid.

Sorry to be so sharp! :p

Cali619
March 24th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Whats cool about being in california is that you can allow some speed racer car to take you on and win , but when theres a red light, we can split lanes and go right up to the front :) Neener neener while you see that racer in your rearview. muhahahahah!

hogfan83
March 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
not to mention IF you do beat that stranger in the other lane if you wearing the proper gear nobody knows who you are anyways!! i could pull up next to my mother and race her and she have no ideal who "that badass on the 250 is"

BlueTyke
March 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Michael does have a point! :D

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
My mom would win:p