View Full Version : Electrical buzzing noise when riding

cjkirch
March 24th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I have a new 09. I have had it for a couple weeks and have put about 250miles on it. When riding I hear a buzzing noise randomly. The buzzing sounds like im standing next to a power pole or something. Anyone else heard this noise or know what it is? THANKS!

TrueFaith
March 24th, 2009, 07:58 AM
You sure you're not just hearing the gas tank venting? The noise has been described as everything from "whistling" to "electronic beeping" to "buzzing".

cjkirch
March 24th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I have heard the gas tank whistle at me and im flattered but this is a different noise. sounds electrical maybe....

Ichiro
March 24th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Could the noise be the "whirring" sound of a small fan? It might be your cooling fan which kicks in when the temp. hits a certain point. Stays on until it cools down and then shuts off only to turn on again if it gets too hot. That might explain your perception of "random".

kkim
March 24th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I have heard the gas tank whistle at me and im flattered but this is a different noise. sounds electrical maybe....

to eliminate the gas tank vent as the noise problem conclusively, as you hear the noise, pop the gas tank filler lid and see if it goes away.

ajaygraci
March 24th, 2009, 02:14 PM
how about the gas tank squeeking? myn does it all the time annoying

kkim
March 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107901

cjkirch
March 24th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I wish it was the fan or tank but it happens when its cold and within the first 10 miles each time I ride. Thanks for the help but I think im gonna have to take it to the dealer again.(first time the signals didnt work for a day!) When I get the issue solved I'll let you all know!

DmbShn41
March 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Is it randomly anytime throught the RPM range? Or is it only when your coming down in the RPMs, like shifting down and letting the gas? COuld be the normal mechanical sounds of the engine/clutch assembly.

cjkirch
March 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Idle,cluth in,and riding.Your about 10 minutes from me so maybe you can hear it from C'ville!