View Full Version : Looking for cheap exhaust options

NinjetteMan
March 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM
This being my first bike, I cant justify dumping a ton of money into an exhaust system. However, I would like something that sounds nice and lose that monolith that is the stock can.
Therefore, I invite you to tell me about that random area p can sitting in your garage that you would like to part with for a reasonable sum, etc, etc, etc, etc. I am open to whatever youve got, my only criteria being that it work for a new gen ninjette.
Thanks,
Joe

P.S. - I also have a nice pair of Alpinestars leather track pants, retails for ~380, worn about three times until I picked up a pair of textile pants. Let me know if you would like to trade for an exhaust....

kkim
March 24th, 2009, 09:19 PM
http://www.2fiddy.com/2008/07/shortie-exhaust-homemade/

NinjetteMan
March 24th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Damn, I gotta say thats pretty inventive...Doesnt sound bad either. Something to think about. Ive been considering the gixxer exhaust too, but it seems like a big shlep, and how cost effective will it truly be after all is said and done.

kkim
March 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
not very... and you already have one to hack up!

kkim
March 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM
have you seen this one? it would take some modifications to get it to fit, but it would work.

http://www.ninjette.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12882

NinjetteMan
March 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Yea, PM'd the guy yesterday, but no response, I'm guessing somebody else already snapped it up...that is actually what got me started on this quest to find a cheap alternative

kkim
March 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM
ummm... okay. Bad form not responding to PMs. I don't like that myself. :mad:

08_250R
April 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Blue is a good guy, I got his Area P and Factory header. Just give him a little to respond, try on newninja also he is on both..

ling

kkim
April 8th, 2009, 08:19 PM
how much time should we give him?? this was posted almost 3 weeks ago. :p

08_250R
April 8th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I dont know, bug him..

us.again@juno.com

figure he wont mind me giving his email becuase he is selling stuff.

miks
April 9th, 2009, 02:20 AM
That shortie exhaust looks and sounds pretty sweet. Doesn't seem too hard to do with the right equipment.