View Full Version : carb removal

mikedabike64
November 18th, 2013, 10:39 PM
at the risk of burning my bridges, does the stock air box need to come out to remove the carbs, am i missing something?
seems like the box must be moved back a little at the very least,
i see the 2 rubber boots connecting the carb to box I was thinking they should be loosened at the carb end.
thanks

tubarney
November 18th, 2013, 11:38 PM
airbox out to remove carbs.

mikedabike64
November 18th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Ok thanks

csmith12
November 19th, 2013, 04:43 AM
The airbox doesn't really have to come out. You can slide it back, it only slides back a little bit but it's enough to wrestle it out and back in.

mikedabike64
November 19th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Thanks I will try to move it back first, Got up this am & questioned whether or not a top and flat spot
is worth the effort of taking the entire inbox out.

csmith12
November 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I aint gunna lie brah. It only moves back about an inch and a half and takes some wrestling but it's just enough. Many newgen 250 riders do it like that. Now if your working on an 07 or older, then ya... do yourself a favor and remove it.

When putting the airbox boots back on the carbs, double, triple and then check again for a good seal around each end on both boots. Good luck mang, it's one of the more aggravating maintenance jobs for this bike.

rc racer
November 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
It helps a ton to remove the battery and battery box. Doing this lets the air box move back just a little more.

mikedabike64
November 19th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I appreciate the help for sure, I plan on running track days with it next year.
so I have plenty of time I work on it a little bit and then when I get frustrated I put it down for a while, but I wanted to make sure to get some tips, as I move along in the process before each stage

csmith12
November 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
:werd: It's easier than it sounds, you will do fine I am sure. Good luck at the track!