View Full Version : DIY Requests

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 26th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I didn't see a thread like this, but I wanted to start a DIY request thread for anyone who wanted a DIY for a specific product: i.e. Shogun Frame Sliders. since the install procedures for different manufacturers vary somewhat for similar products. I've learned a ton of stuff from this site thanks to all the 250 geniuses on here. I think this thread may help as Im sure for every possible mod out there, there is a forum member here who has done it.

so for the first DIY request- How to install a Daytona Water temp Gauge?

thanks in advance and sorry if this thread is overkill.

kkim
March 26th, 2009, 04:34 PM
have you seen this?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9827

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
thanks Kelly. Sorry about that- I checked the DIY directory thread and didn't see this one.

kkim
March 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
yeah, it's not really a DIY, but installing the gauge is so simple, I really didn't think there would be a need for one. hardest part is removing the stock sender and replacing it with the one provided. That and finding a switched 12V source so you can splice into a wire to have the gauge light up. A multimeter will help much to locate a switched wire.

Velcro the gauge into the location of choice, then tidy up your wires with a few tie wraps and you're done. :)

ps- be sure to do a DIY when you install yours. :D

ahskeetz
March 26th, 2009, 06:47 PM
how about how to trade an item with someone through ups or fedex with confidence that the other person will send their item to you?

watcanido
April 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
DIY Request.

12 volt power outlet.

Nemy
April 22nd, 2009, 10:10 PM
DIY Request.

12 volt power outlet.

I should be able to comply with this one in the next coupla weeks.

watcanido
April 23rd, 2009, 02:34 AM
:pop2: Awesome Tim.

MrBrownTX
May 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I should be able to comply with this one in the next coupla weeks.

Did this ever happen? I am about to take this challenge on. Looking for others experience with it.

kkim
May 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Did this ever happen? I am about to take this challenge on. Looking for others experience with it.

have you checked the DIY section? ;)

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586

MrBrownTX
May 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Yes but didn't see anything specifically about that. Saw an accessory plug but it wasn't a 12 volt outlet/Cigarette lighter mounted up.

kkim
May 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
not a diy, but some good info here...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42265&

nattygirl
May 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Here's another good thread to get your started.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60816&highlight=outlet

setasai
May 4th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Yes but didn't see anything specifically about that. Saw an accessory plug but it wasn't a 12 volt outlet/Cigarette lighter mounted up.

It's kind of the same thing. The only thing that would be different is the mounted location of the outlet itself. I skipped the outlet and went straight to a USB power port and I have it wired right above the dash for my GPS but it could just as easily be connected to an outlet.

MrBrownTX
May 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Excellent stuff guys, thanks. The USB is a real good idea. My phone and GPS would work great on that.

Live2ride
May 4th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Excellent stuff guys, thanks. The USB is a real good idea. My phone and GPS would work great on that.

I just installed a lighter socket onto my bike the other day, luckily my phone charger converts it into a usb port as well so I can charge just about everything, phone/gps, ipod, camera, etc. It's not very hard to wire up a lighter socket, you just wire it to the battery but I would advise that you incorporate a fuse into the hot wire just so you don't fry whatever is plugged into your outlet by accident. :thumbup:

setasai
May 4th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Yea for that very reason I run mine off a relay with built-in fuse. FYI if you intend on doing the USB port for garmin GPS systems, you'll need to either buy a cable or disconnect the data wire or else it'll switch into "mass storage mode". On that same note, if you make your own like I did, you'll need a voltage regulator.