View Full Version : First Post! - What is this called? Where can I get it?

Brian
November 24th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Hey everyone. I'm happy to join this site in the welcoming of my new first bike. I noticed I was missing this piece next to the exhaust, is there any where I can find it seperately?
http://i.imgur.com/5aVPMo3l.jpg
I don't really know what to call it, but I see they put them on it to cover up the mid pipe underneath.
Thanks

tfkrocks
November 24th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Welcome. The part that goes there is the heat shield.

NevadaWolf
November 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Hello Brian and :welcome:

Checking out a few of the parts sites, Kawasaki apparently does not like the obvious name and so goes with this:

COVER-COMP,FR MUFFLER 14041-0027

What's interesting and may require further research is that both Kawasaki Parts House and Partzilla are specifically calling out the '08 model in their parts diagram, but don't list anything separate in the parts themselves. There is another referenced part number 14041-0026 that both sites have crossed out or labeled "Part obsolete" so maybe (complete random speculation here) there was a change from the first year part to all subsequent years.

Anyway, here's what you are looking for:

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/18680/4c76de37312b1_18680n.jpg

xaple
November 24th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I might have an extra one...

Brian
November 24th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Hello Brian and :welcome:

Checking out a few of the parts sites, Kawasaki apparently does not like the obvious name and so goes with this:

COVER-COMP,FR MUFFLER 14041-0027

What's interesting and may require further research is that both Kawasaki Parts House and Partzilla are specifically calling out the '08 model in their parts diagram, but don't list anything separate in the parts themselves. There is another referenced part number 14041-0026 that both sites have crossed out or labeled "Part obsolete" so maybe (complete random speculation here) there was a change from the first year part to all subsequent years.

Anyway, here's what you are looking for:

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/18680/4c76de37312b1_18680n.jpg Cool, so you found it. I wasn't sure if it was sold separately as an OEM part or came with the stock exhaust. I am soon going to be purchasing an after-market slip on so I don't know if it will be worth stalking down this piece now.

I might have an extra one... You do? Send it over my way. ;)

xaple
November 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
You do? Send it over my way. ;)

Might be laying around in the garage somewhere i will have to look for it and let you know.

Brian
November 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Might be laying around in the garage somewhere i will have to look for it and let you know. Cool I'm in no rush, I might be ordering an after-market pipe soon anyways, still deciding because it's not in season yet and I ride around in my basement so it would be better with the stock exhaust for now. :D

mgentz
November 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
that's one big basement!

Brian
November 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
that's one big basement!
I live in an apartment building in the city so I can ride around my basement until I get me and everybody else high off the fumes. Then I usually just hop off my bike and go upstairs..

It's too cold outside :D

Dano
November 27th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Its probably a parking garage style basement not a regular basement

mgentz
November 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Lol. I know.

afelotreyu
November 28th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Since we are on the subject, anyone can recommend a custom one for a slip-on pipe? :D

mgentz
November 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
A custom heat shield? No aftermarket systems come with one. Should you want one, it will most likely need to be made.