View Full Version : A Sunny Observation...

BlueTyke
March 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the phraise "drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest" is oxymoronic, reasons:

1) You drink lots of fluids, can't rest while drinking
2) Once embibed the fluids turns to pee. Having to pee is not restful, infact it wakes you up
3) If you are resting, you are not drinking fluids.
4) Resting in general when you are not feeling well is just about impossible because while your body wants the rest your brain is telling you it is to early to go to sleep...
5) Every ache and every pain rears its ugly head when you try and rest. Hello not restful.
6) You ever notice the more you drink the more your nose leaks? Corrilation? Possibly.

Yes I am sick. I hate being sick :sick:

kkim
March 27th, 2009, 12:25 PM
:(

get well soon, Sunny.

BlueTyke
March 27th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Kelly. It helps that tomorrow is the weekend and I don't have to come into work :)

kkim
March 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
yeah, but I would rather be sick at work on a weekday than sick at home on a weekend. what a waste. :D

BlueTyke
March 27th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Luckily the forecast seems to be in the same line as my cold... :) Rain...

TnNinjaGirl
March 27th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Get well soon. On a good note, you aren't too sick to make observations about life. Also notice how the ER Dr always asks how you are doing when they first walk into the room, or ask if it hurts when they poke you. Obviously you wouldn't be in the ER if you were having a good day and yes it hurts, stop.

Anyways, get well!!

BlueTyke
March 27th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hehe! I went to the DR yesterday because I work with some older folks and one of the ladies at work is preggers so I didn't want to come to work contageous... The nurse asked me how I was, at this point I was red nose, I am pretty sure there was green snot coming from a nostril or both... Moving slowly, unless it wasn't required of me to move at all. My talking is a whisper as my throat hurt... I don't do sick well I tell ya... She goes, and chipper as all can be, "And how are we today?" I about threw my tissues at her! It wasn't like she was asking why I was visiting it was like she really wanted me to answer that :shifty: I think SOMEONE was dipping into the med cabinet :nod:

OldGuy
March 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Perhaps some hot chocolate with a dash of medicinal peppermint schnapps would help the situation :rolleyes:

Get well Sunny

BlueTyke
March 27th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Now that sounds like an idea! Better than what was suggested to me earlier. Hot tea with honey, lemon and burbon... :shifty:

Snake
March 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Now that sounds like an idea! Better than what was suggested to me earlier. Hot tea with honey, lemon and burbon... :shifty:

A hoty toty as I like to call it works very well for me. I winde up feeling better in no time at all.

Heres hoping you feel better.

TnNinjaGirl
March 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Come to think of it, you can drink and rest. Alcohol is drinking and it'll make you sleepy right? Problem solved. Don't blame me, the Dr suggested it.

Strider
March 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry your feeling unwell, I hope the weather clears and you get better soon so you can get back out on the road!

Viper-Byte
March 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Get well soon Sunny!

I went to the ED when I broke my arm (1.5 years ago now) (broke both bones, factured wrist joint in 4 places and dislocated my wrist) my arm and wrist were not at the normal angle and the doctors kept asking how the pain was and if I was OK... :rolleyes: I felt like hitting them with me good arm! :D

GTsmokeya
March 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Sounds like you need something to cheer you up. So check this out, hopefully you dont find it creepy, lol. Hope ya feel better.

GTsmokeya

http://kittydancing.ytmnd.com/

rceezy
March 27th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear you're sick. At least you're not missing out on any good weather. ;) Hope you feel better soon!

py2e
March 27th, 2009, 04:23 PM
get well soon, spring is coming! :)

BlueTyke
March 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Aww thanks guys! That just means i get to share my wit with you... Just be happy you can't see the... Well you probably don't want to know about it let alone see it. :D

Verus Cidere
March 28th, 2009, 02:17 AM
.....:confused:....... This "it" you speak of. Could be a lot of things! I'll take your word for it and not worry about it. Get well soon! :D

BlueTyke
March 28th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I feel better today! Lots better...

rceezy
March 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I feel better today! Lots better...

It's because you met me, right! ;) I'm glad to hear it... it's raining where I am. I am tempted to take her around the neighborhood, one good time. :rolleyes:

zartan
March 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Glad you are feeling better!

komohana
March 28th, 2009, 02:36 PM
i hate being sick too! hope you're feeling even better tomorrow!

:flower1:

BlueTyke
March 28th, 2009, 04:06 PM
sssssshhh no one is suposed to know that we met!
Posted via Mobile Device