View Full Version : Weather.

rceezy
March 28th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not a meteorologist nor have I gone to school for my phenomenal observation skills but the weather EVERYWHERE pretty much sucks. (Okay, maybe unless you live in California, Florida, Hawaii, maybe some parts of the south...)

Blizzards in April???
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/current/curwx_600x405.jpg

Obama, I challenge you to fix this too! ;)

Alex
March 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM
75 and sunny here, it's not like that everywhere? :p

bob706
March 28th, 2009, 03:15 PM
We just had three days of crap weather in nw fla. Obama, I challenge you to fix this too! - not unless he can throw a kajillion dollars at it:p

zartan
March 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
alex-phhhissstttt!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

kkim
March 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM
75 and sunny here, it's not like that everywhere? :p

75??? brrr..

conchwanab
March 28th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Living in Ohio I know what you mean about the weather!!Morning rides into work are 27 degrees with 55 to 60 in the evening comute.Still glad I got to ride in March and people have forgotten that bikes are out this early,I've almost gotten broadsided 2 times already.

GTsmokeya
March 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Lol I was on my bike yesterday and today as I type its snowing here in Chicago. Yay

GTsmokeya

NICUNinja
March 28th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I've had the bike out both yesterday and today. A nice cool 4-11 celsius. Looks like rain tonight though ... spring showers.

rceezy
March 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I did get to take my baby around the neighborhood when the rain stopped for a few seconds... a whole FOUR miles! :D

sm0kediver
March 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I just got through the 500 mile break in, the 600 mile service, and I was looking forward to this weekend...

and it has rained for the past two days. I snuck in a 20 mile ride this afternoon, and now it's raining again :rolleyes:

sometimesido
March 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Riding in the rain. :D

sm0kediver
March 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I just ran to the store in the rain (and dark) and I hate the reduced visibility. I prefer sunny days :thumbup:

komohana
March 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I just ran to the store in the rain (and dark) and I hate the reduced visibility. I prefer sunny days :thumbup:

me too! :cool:

miks
March 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Wow feel sorry for you yanks, over here we don't get snow or crazy ass blizzards, just the occasional rain here and there.

Snake
March 28th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Sounds like we've all got a touch of cabin fever left over from this winter and are ready to start riding. I for one am ready for a nice long road trip.

sometimesido
March 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I'd like to take the next year and travel around U.S....

py2e
March 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Riding in the rain. :D

Word, I had to ride home in the rain right now... and I'm soaked. :(

I have to admit... It was nerve racking... being a newbie... going on the highway at 1:30am... I could barely see in the dark, and I was wiping the rain off with my left hand. Good thing I took my MSF class during a very rainy weekend... so I had, at least, some experience with wet roads. The only thing that I was really scare of was hydroplaning on the highway. Have any of you experienced that?

P.S. At least I got a free shower/bike wash.

Verus Cidere
March 29th, 2009, 12:35 AM
75??? brrr..

Tru dat! Around here, that's winter weather! :p

Word, I had to ride home in the rain right now... and I'm soaked. :(

I have to admit... It was nerve racking... being a newbie... going on the highway at 1:30am... I could barely see in the dark, and I was wiping the rain off with my left hand. Good thing I took my MSF class during a very rainy weekend... so I had, at least, some experience with wet roads. The only thing that I was really scare of was hydroplaning on the highway. Have any of you experienced that?

P.S. At least I got a free shower/bike wash.

+1 My first day in the MSF riding range was during a nice, massive thunderstorm that spun off one of the hurricanes from last year. Completely soaked for 5 hours! But, to be quite honest, I love riding in the rain. I've always liked rain and snow more than anything else. Maybe because here in New Mexico, we only get rain about 60 days out of the year! I've always wondered what it would be like to live in Seattle... :rolleyes:

sometimesido
March 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Most of it is psychological.
Just know your bike's mechanical abilities and know you have to brake early and not upset traction. And of course, cold/wet weather gear.
You start shivering, it's game over.

00v_Lucky
March 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM
i must agree, 75 is cold for me, unless it is sunny outside :cool: you gotta love so. cali! lol