View Full Version : Finally some pics of my bike

g21-30
March 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
It's been raining the past three days and stopped sometime during the night, so I went out this morning. Of course, my bike was filthy after the ride, so I gave her the first official bath via a hose, etc. Used simple green with water to clean her up and then a compressor and chamois to dry.

Hopefully in a few days, I can get some pics without other things (Jeep) in the pics.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=85&pictureid=905

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=85&pictureid=906

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=85&pictureid=907

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=85&pictureid=908

kkim
March 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Bike looks ready to take on the world! :thumbup:

If you used simple green on the plastics, rewax it. SG has a tendency to strip the wax off paint. That's the reason I use car washing soap to wash my bike. Car washing soap is designed to not strip off the wax that's already on the paint. I do use SG for the grungy/greasy spots, but reoil/regrease after I wash.

Snake
March 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Your bike looks very good. Did you wax it as well?

TnNinjaGirl
March 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
+1 on what Kelly said. Simple Green is like washing your bike with wax remover. Man does it do a good job of getting junk clean though.

I use Nanowax spray for a quick detail and this stuff called "Finish First" for a real good finish. The longer you leave it on the better it does. Dad leaves that stuff on his Mercedes during the winter and buffs it off in the spring. Leaves a great shine and protects the paint very well.

Snake
March 29th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Corey,
Do you know who makes finish first and where I can buy it?

TnNinjaGirl
March 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/finishfirst.html

Not sure where to purchase it in Louisiana, but I go to the local hot rod shop and they carry it.

Snake
March 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Cool thank you for the help.

g21-30
March 29th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Bike looks ready to take on the world! :thumbup:

If you used simple green on the plastics, rewax it. SG has a tendency to strip the wax off paint. That's the reason I use car washing soap to wash my bike. Car washing soap is designed to not strip off the wax that's already on the paint. I do use SG for the grungy/greasy spots, but reoil/regrease after I wash.

I didn't use it full strength. Mixed a couple of caps full with a gallon or two of warm water. Clean rag dipped in the mixture and hosed off with clear water.

kkim, you're right about grungy cleaning. I use it (full strength) to clean my pistols, after range sessions.

It's time for a wax job anyway.

g21-30
March 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Your bike looks very good. Did you wax it as well?

Not yet! Thanks :thumbup:

TnNinjaGirl
March 29th, 2009, 10:50 AM
It's time for a wax job anyway.

lol, use that in the pick up line thread.

No problem rcuriel, hope you like the results.

Syphen
March 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Squeaky clean! That windshield is a monster. I bet it works wonders on the highway though.

TnNinjaGirl
March 29th, 2009, 11:18 AM
He wasn't in the Navy. Though I do get the pleasure of waxing the bottom of our boat every spring. Which sucks. Either way, I don't like to think of my dad and wax in the same sentence. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

g21-30
March 29th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Squeaky clean! That windshield is a monster. I bet it works wonders on the highway though.
Since I'm 6' 2", it puts the wind right in the mouth, if the visor is open!

spark6
March 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
g21... nice bike! How does the ninjette fit you comfort-wise at 6'2"? I'm 6'1"ish (taller on some days! :P ) and have been wondering how these bikes actually fit someone of our stature...

BlueTyke
March 29th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Sweet Sam! Very nice!

The weather was freakish today! It went from like low fourties to seventies then down again. Then throw in the overcast, ran, beautiful sunshine, to rain & very windy, then overcast... I guess the weather Gods could not make up their mind today

g21-30
March 29th, 2009, 04:32 PM
g21... nice bike! How does the ninjette fit you comfort-wise at 6'2"? I'm 6'1"ish (taller on some days! :P ) and have been wondering how these bikes actually fit someone of our stature...

It actually fits very well. With the balls of my feet on the pegs, my thighs fit perfectly just below the gas tank and my right heel is about an inch from the muffler.

I was on the verge of purchasing a Suzuki DR650SE, when the Black Ninja 250 arrived at the dealership. After sitting on both of the bikes, I had to have the 250! The sales lady didn't think the 250 would fit me, until she saw me sitting on it. She had been trying to convince me to buy either the DR650SE or a Ninja 500

tinng321
April 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
nice bike Sam.

Broom
April 13th, 2009, 03:14 PM
did you groove your tires?

B2FiNiTY
April 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM
What rear stand is that and how do you like it?

Buffalony
April 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I'm 6'2" I have the top edge of the tank against my knees. I'm hopping the footrest extenders will help this. I'm wondering if I shoul've got this windsheild instead of the DB?
Looks good. Where did you get the mount?

g21-30
April 14th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I'm 6'2" I have the top edge of the tank against my knees. I'm hopping the footrest extenders will help this. I'm wondering if I shoul've got this windsheild instead of the DB?
Looks good. Where did you get the mount?

Joe,

You could always sell the DB on ebay and get the ST there as well. Might just be a wash. The mount is a Ram, which came from www.cycoactive.com/ I purchased the correct wiring package from them as well.

Does the rear seat rest against your butt, while riding? With leather pants, it's hard to maintain that position, as I tend to slide down the seat into the valley. I have to really squeeze the tank to maintain it. When practicing tight slow turns, the bar ends hit my knees, if I don't sit back! :eek:

If you decide to get the extenders, I would be interested in your thoughts. The maker of the extenders posted a pic of himself on his bike and he is 6' 1". The only problem was he's wearing dress shoes, etc. Didn't really get into riding position.

g21-30
April 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
did you groove your tires?

Jon, I didn't groove them. When these pics were taken, I only had around 700 miles on them. They are IRC. As you know, this is my first bike, so my "chicken strips" basically take up the "entire" tire!! :D

g21-30
April 14th, 2009, 06:26 AM
What rear stand is that and how do you like it?
The T-Rex Gold and it is an excellent one. I wish i'd known at the time, I could've gotten the pair (front/rear) as set for roughly $65 more. Just didn't look far enough down the seller's ebay page. The front (gold) will cost an additional $110, but that's what I'm going to get.

Here's a link:

http://tinyurl.com/c7eueo

Viper-Byte
April 14th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Jon, I didn't groove them. When these pics were taken, I only had around 700 miles on them. They are IRC. As you know, this is my first bike, so my "chicken strips" basically take up the "entire" tire!! :D This is my first bike too, I have managed to get the chicken strips on the rear down to lest than 5mm wide (and I was scraping my boots while doing that :D ), but the front I don't think I will get down anytime soon, they are still quite large.

g21-30
April 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM
This is my first bike too, I have managed to get the chicken strips on the rear down to lest than 5mm wide (and I was scraping my boots while doing that :D ), but the front I don't think I will get down anytime soon, they are still quite large.

Rear strips are narrow and front aren't! What are you doing....wheelies in the curves? :rotflmao:

Viper-Byte
April 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Rear strips are narrow and front aren't! What are you doing....wheelies in the curves? :rotflmao: Well yeah, I am trying to preserve my front tire a little more :p Though it seems to be wearing faster than the rear.

Does everyone else find the front wears faster than the rear or the other way around?

I will try and get some pics of it at lunch and show you what I mean.

Buffalony
April 15th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Joe,

Does the rear seat rest against your butt, while riding? With leather pants, it's hard to maintain that position, as I tend to slide down the seat into the valley. I have to really squeeze the tank to maintain it. When practicing tight slow turns, the bar ends hit my knees, if I don't sit back! :eek:

If you decide to get the extenders, I would be interested in your thoughts. The maker of the extenders posted a pic of himself on his bike and he is 6' 1". The only problem was he's wearing dress shoes, etc. Didn't really get into riding position.

Nope. I dont rest againsg it. But I always slide down the frickin seat. I kinda hav to rest my body on my arms which ofcourse sucks for longer rides. that or the boys end up on the tank! Think im gonna try the seat mod when I get a chance (too many other mods going on at once) to see if that helps me. I have the same problem with tight slow turns too:)

I'll let you know what they do for me when I get them. Hav'nt ordered yet but its on the back burner.