View Full Version : Has anyone installed these LED Lights?

bikerchris
March 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I bought these a while back with the intention of installing them in back along with a fender eliminator chop. Has anyone used these lights yet in the back?...or the front? What do you think and please attach a photo.

JCCJMM_
March 31st, 2009, 04:06 PM
I recently put on a set similar to those. I took the factory signals out and put these further back and further up in the fender. Now I have no orange signals or reflectors and can throw my Nelson-Rigg SS saddle bags on without any interference.

I'll try to snap a picture of what mine looks like for ya.

Oh yeah.....depending on the load that those LEDs have, you may have the "fast blinking" turn signal issue. If so, you can head over to Radio Shack and buy a couple of 10 watt ceramic resistors to wire in parallel, or you can install an electronic flasher. I lucked out, my signals were just enough of a load to work out......

bikerchris
April 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Please take a photo. I'd like to see what they look like. On another forum someone said they were not happy as they felt they were not bright enough. What do you think?

I also picked up relays to use for front DRL's but I think those are not the type you suggest. I'll get those electronic flashers for the rear.

JCCJMM_
April 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Sorry the quality is not so good. But it should give an idea. The signals I bought are good quality...metal housing....surface-mount LEDs. They are plenty bright.:thumbup:

bikerchris
April 2nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
And that looks like a slick high-quality installation you did. Thanks for the photo.

JCCJMM_
April 2nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks. Got them for $7 shipped on Ebay. Lucked out, a guy from San Antonio was literally giving them away.:)

ninjablk08
July 7th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I bought these a while back with the intention of installing them in back along with a fender eliminator chop. Has anyone used these lights yet in the back?...or the front? What do you think and please attach a photo.

mine are on a 08

shift_6
July 8th, 2009, 06:52 AM
link for these turn signals?