View Full Version : I hit up RideSmart today at MSR Houston

Apex
March 29th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I did not participate. I joined some people I know from another, local, board here in Houston. Four of us met up on our bikes and headed out to the track. I was on the smallest bike (250), one was on a CBR600RR (new), another on a CBR1000 (new) and another on a ZX10. Needless to say I was seriously underpowered. I get the gas mileage, but I need a bit more top end. Cruising at 80mph is fine, but bumping up to 90-95 is insane. We did it though, there were not many cars out there.

Anyway, we went out there and I found out they did a parade lap. So I decided that I would go and join the group for the parade lap(s). I managed 3 laps and believe it or not, my fellow boarder on the CBR600RR was making me slow down. I was not even going all out. I did brake later, worked on my downshifts while braking, and leaned it at about 1/2 of full lean. Nothing insane, because it was a parade lap, so we had to take it easy. Plus I was running the stock K630 tires, which the track really made feel like junk. Time to upgrade to some Perelli Sport Demons!

Needless to say, those 3 laps were a complete rush. Running around a track is like a crack addiction (not that I would know). I can see how people can get addicted so quickly!

Broom
April 21st, 2009, 08:38 PM
cool man... come out to a CMRA or TMGP event some time.

Apex
April 29th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I'd love to. Before I'd attend a CMRA event, I'd do a ridesmart event. Really working on my lines and my technique.

I'd love to come and watch though!

randomwalk101
May 22nd, 2009, 06:41 AM
what are some of the track location & upcoming track dates for Dallas.

Broom
May 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
in the dallas area theres MSR Cresson just south of fortworth, and Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur - west of denton.

look up Lone Star Track Days and RideSmart for track day schedules. I want to do some more laps at Eagles Canyon. If you're going out there let me know.

Apex
May 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I know I'll send you a message if I ever end up heading towards big D.

Broom
May 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
i'm headed down to houston this weekend for a mini bike race in katy. see my post in the general section for info.