View Full Version : Frozen Kickstand Kill Switch?

Brother Michigan
December 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
So, my cover isn't as waterproof as it used to be and I dumped about a ten pound bock of ice out of the bottom of it whle uncovering my bike this morning, then, after it had warmed up, I raise the stand, put it in gear and *CLUNK*... the engine dies.

It seems my kickstand kill switch isn't working correctly and I'm not entirely sure why. The connection seems good and the arm of the switch is moving freely with the stand. Has anyone ever had issues with theirs freezing up and not disengaging correctly? Or does it seem more likely that the switch has just died on me?

csmith12
December 13th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Yep, seen it before. I would bet she is just frozen up. A hair dryer should solve your kickstand switch issue. It might solve the kill switch problem too but that one may be a bit trickier.

csmith12
December 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Oh Aaron, I see you in Lexington. I am around those parts every now and then. Hit me up if you wanna ride. I am addicted to a taco joint down there called Taco Tico right off new circle.

JohnnyBravo
December 14th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Boo ice boo
Yup hair dryer

Whiskey
December 15th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Have had it happen overnight on the 250, a kettle of warm water defrosted it pretty quickly & it worked ok afterwards.

The locks & ignition had also frozen solid

Brother Michigan
December 17th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Hey guys, thanks, it was definitely just frozen up. Guess I really need to ask my girlfriend for a new cover for Christmas!

We'll definitely have to get together, Chris. Maybe sometime after it warms up a bit and I get some free time. I've been meaning to get out on some longer rides ever since I got the bike, but I just haven't had the time.

csmith12
December 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Yep, go big yo and ask for a garage. lol

Anytime man, just lemme know.

Xtina
January 8th, 2014, 12:13 PM
That's the bikes way of saying ride me again in the spring.

Brother Michigan
January 9th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Well, I wanted to ride today (35 degrees, it's a heat wave!), but there's no way I'm taking it out in all of this nasty salt...

Thanks for all the responses, everybody, it was definitely just frozen up and was working fine the next day.