View Full Version : Rookie from Riverside, CA

MosquitoBytes
December 19th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Hello fellow two-wheelers. I took the MSF course and got my M1 more than a month ago. I also bought my 07 2 weeks after the MSF course. With ~15miles of side street experience, I rode along CA-91 for a total of 100miles round trip for the first time yesterday. For those who are familiar with the 91, lane splitting is a must—so I did. It was an exciting experience to go between cagers and cut more than 30mins of travel time to work.

Areas to work on: Proper gear while coasting to a red light when it suddenly turned green, proper shifting coordination, and turning in an intersection.

csmith12
December 19th, 2013, 10:42 PM
:welcome: MosquitoBytes! Glad to have you aboard...

rasta
December 19th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Welcome dude. Be extra careful when you're lane splitting!

KJohnson21
December 19th, 2013, 11:51 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

Be careful in those construction zones on the 91.

Have fun!!

CC Cowboy
December 20th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Hello fellow two-wheelers. I took the MSF course and got my M1 more than a month ago. I also bought my 07 2 weeks after the MSF course. With ~15miles of side street experience, I rode along CA-91 for a total of 100miles round trip for the first time yesterday. For those who are familiar with the 91, lane splitting is a must—so I did. It was an exciting experience to go between cagers and cut more than 30mins of travel time to work.

Areas to work on: Proper gear while coasting to a red light when it suddenly turned green, proper shifting coordination, and turning in an intersection.

I believe a helmet and gloves is proper, in second.

DEFY
December 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Welcome!

TnNinjaGirl
December 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Welcome!

JohnnyBravo
December 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the forum... Enjoy the ride!

greenaero
December 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Welcome !!! Be extra careful while lane sharing, always keep your speed difference down enough so that you have time to react if a car decides to move in your way. I split but only when traffic is at a stop or just creeping along. Stay safe and enjoy your riding.:thumbup:

Snake
December 21st, 2013, 03:28 AM
Hello and welcome.

Motofool
December 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM
.............Areas to work on: Proper gear while coasting to a red light when it suddenly turned green, proper shifting coordination, and turning in an intersection.

Welcome to our site, Louie !!!

Visit our Riding Skills section. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: