View Full Version : Shogun Slider Group Buy

Buffalony
March 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hello Members.
I spoke with Richard from RaceBikeRentals. He tells me a group buy for the forum would be ok. Only in multiples of ten. The discount is $10 off. Shipped to within the U.S.(Sorry).
If your interested and your located in Hawaii or Alaska PM Me first.

These are already offered at a great price at Richards online store here:
http://store.racebikerentals.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=0001
Rich also has OEM parts from time to time. So if your looking for something other than what the store offers send him a PM-User Name RaceBikeRentals.

So far the Group list is:

M-Oorb
Blubyu
KVR
Kelly06
SpyderGirl

If you are interested post here and I'll add your names to the list in order of posting. If you would like to be removed PM me.

blubyu
March 30th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Buffalony - thanks for getting the ball rolling on this :)

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm interested but when is the deadline for this group buy as my funds are currently tied up in other mods ATM. I should have cash in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks though...

Buffalony
March 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I'm interested but when is the deadline for this group buy as my funds are currently tied up in other mods ATM. I should have cash in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks though...

No deadline really. First ten then I'm sending the info to richard. I don't have the full details yet but as soon as I have ten Forum members ready to buy Im gonna contact richard again.

scottyp
March 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
cut or no cut? and are they shipping dirrectly from the site? or do you get them and ship them after?... im interested but live in canada and shipping charges from most of these sites is crazy

kazam58
March 30th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm definitely interested, but as is, i can't work with my broken wrist, so i'm totally broke. If this is still up for grabs in like two weeks then I'm totally in.

watcanido
March 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
cut or no cut? and are they shipping dirrectly from the site? or do you get them and ship them after?... im interested but live in canada and shipping charges from most of these sites is crazy

The Shogun sliders requires no cutting on the plastic, but you do have to trim the sprocket shield/cover to get it to fit. Its very easy to install with the right set of tools of course.

M-Oorb
March 30th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I def want these and it is a great price. Question though. I heard somewhere that frame sliders can possibly reduce your insurance costs. Has anyone ever heard this before? Calling tomorrow to find out.

crystalh
March 30th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'm in Canada... Hope this will all work out with the exchange rate and such.

Sound Wave
March 30th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I def want these and it is a great price. Question though. I heard somewhere that frame sliders can possibly reduce your insurance costs. Has anyone ever heard this before? Calling tomorrow to find out.
i never heard of this, but please report your findings. if so, i am going to call my agent to let them know i have it on my bike.

M-Oorb
March 30th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Maybe I'm making things up and my agent will just laugh at me. Had 3 exams yesterday so brains kinda fried haha. But i'm still gunna call tomorrow and if the result is positive will let you guys know.

00v_Lucky
March 30th, 2009, 09:49 PM
The Shogun sliders requires no cutting on the plastic, but you do have to trim the sprocket shield/cover to get it to fit. Its very easy to install with the right set of tools of course.

So what exact tools do you need to trip the shield?

watcanido
March 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM

I used a saw with a blade that can cut steel or aluminum, covered it up with some tape and made an outline. Then I started cutting take your time if going this route took me 45 minutes to complete and sand. A dremmel tool with a cutting blade will work as well, just wear a mask and goggles to protect your lungs and eyes from metallic particles flying everywhere. :D

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_T3VoEu6O9Dk/SUiTN3OyfOI/AAAAAAAACGI/238A_rOWDXg/s400/12152008142.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_T3VoEu6O9Dk/SUiTODHc1II/AAAAAAAACGY/MvrKK4b6lRA/s400/12152008146.jpg

Buffalony
March 31st, 2009, 04:42 AM

It'll come from him directly. I'm just setting up the group buy. i'm not making anything from this just trying to save a couple bucks.
Their considered no-cut sliders. Like whatcanido said there is a part behind the fairing that needs to be modified. The exterior of the bike is unaffected.
Im actually gonna have to pm rich again because I don't know if he's set up for shipping outside the US. His stores fairly new so I don't know if there will be any problems or not. I'll get right back to you guys.

Im back: I personally apologize to the members located outside the U.S. who where interested in this group buy.
I spoke with Richard and Shipping outside the U.S. (including Canada) is problem at this time. His store is still fairly new. Shipping outside the U.S. may be an option in the future.

SpyderGirl
April 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM
If someone outside the US wanted to purchase them someone in the US could just get them sent to them then ship them on to whomever outside the US paid for them. Just would have to pay for shipping twice. It's a thought!

Broom
April 1st, 2009, 03:18 PM

good excuse to buy a dremel :D

mmm.... sparks
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/106193720_6236f22243.jpg

crystalh
April 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM
If someone outside the US wanted to purchase them someone in the US could just get them sent to them then ship them on to whomever outside the US paid for them. Just would have to pay for shipping twice. It's a thought!
anybody down for something like this?

islanderman7
April 1st, 2009, 05:49 PM
So wait... it will be 139 shipped?

SpyderGirl
April 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
anybody down for something like this?

Sure, you can just pay them directly for the sliders and the cost of shipping and have them shipped to me. I'll calculate shipping from me to you and you can just pay me for the second part of the shipping process. I have no problem helping you out with this.

Buffalony
April 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
So wait... it will be 139 shipped?

Shipping is 12.30

crystalh
April 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Sure, you can just pay them directly for the sliders and the cost of shipping and have them shipped to me. I'll calculate shipping from me to you and you can just pay me for the second part of the shipping process. I have no problem helping you out with this.

Thats really cool of you to do that. Thanks! I'm not ready to order them yet but I'll definitely be sending you a PM when I get everything sorted out!

SpyderGirl
April 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Thats really cool of you to do that. Thanks! I'm not ready to order them yet but I'll definitely be sending you a PM when I get everything sorted out!

Of course, no problem. I'm happy to help. :thumbup:

crystalh
April 3rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Well I don't know how I can return the favour. I guess if you ever need some fine maple syrup or something I'll be more than happy to send some your way!

SpyderGirl
April 3rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Mmm... sounds good. :)

Buffalony
April 4th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Let me know guys cause I need to replace some bodywork and Im not goin out again without these. I'm deffinitely not going to wait to get my bike fixed...summer is right around the corner.

blubyu
April 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
So do we have 10 confirmed yet? I will be leaving for Vegas next week so if this doesn't happen in the next few days I won't be able to do it until I get back (around the 15th).

Buffalony
April 4th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Nope. This failed. Not enough interested in I guess. well i'll leave this up another week before I order.

blubyu
April 4th, 2009, 09:51 PM
K. I will order mine after I get back from Vegas.

Ash
April 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM
BAH! DOH! I just purchased the Shogun kit from another site for $206 :(

Buffalony
April 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Well folks I ordered the intuitive sliders from new enough.

I'm still tracking this thread. so if you want to get in on the group buy pm me or post here. If your out pm me I'll remove ya. when theres ten I'll send a confirmation PM to everyone to make sure theres 10 orders. thanks

mzrsq
April 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM
New here, but I am interested........Just not sure how long I'm willing to wait. ???

KVR
April 17th, 2009, 12:03 AM
im interested too so let me know when.

Buffalony
April 19th, 2009, 05:17 AM
If this list ever gets to ten i'm gonna pm all you guys to verify your still in. If you want to, go to other 250 forums and mention the group buy and give them a link to this thread. That might speed this up. I'm pretty done at other forums and I have the intuitive now, but i'm gonna stick to this group buy and, set it up with RBR by letting rich know which members are interested.

If someone wants to take this over thats ok too. I don't have any problems tracking this though.:)

randomwalk101
April 19th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I guess put me down for a set :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Buffalony
April 19th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Hey scott (mzrsq) you coming out for the NE ride session? Its going down in PA..the poconos.
Thread here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17061
Some good riding there in PA. Good people, twisty roads, lot of mountains. Think about it :)

kelly06
April 19th, 2009, 01:51 PM
im in

kkim
April 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Aloha, Kelly! :D

welcome to the forum!

Mahalo,
Kelly
:)

kelly06
April 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
hey kelly lol thanks for inviting me here

randomwalk101
April 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
well it looks like the wait is forever so I decided to suck it up and order one at regular price...hell it's only $10 more....good luck everyone.

KVR
April 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM
4 more people to go!

BlueRaven
April 29th, 2009, 03:12 PM

could you let me know how much it would come to spydergirl. i'm also in canada and looking to buy some but the prices in canada are freaking ridiculous.

BlueRaven
April 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
to all the canadian riders i contacted bayside performance in vancouver and he now carries these and lowered his original price quite a bit cause when he first posted this the price was outrageous. they are now affordable. i hope i can post the link if not let me know alex.

http://www.baysideperformance.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1788_2024_2025&products_id=11432

Alex
April 30th, 2009, 04:23 PM
:thumbup:

KVR
April 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
231.00 USD is still very expensive compared to Richard at Racebikerentals for 149.00 USD

to all the canadian riders i contacted bayside performance in vancouver and he now carries these and lowered his original price quite a bit cause when he first posted this the price was outrageous. they are now affordable. i hope i can post the link if not let me know alex.

http://www.baysideperformance.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1788_2024_2025&products_id=11432

BlueRaven
May 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM
the one from bayside is in canadian dollars. i recently bought my riding outfit from motorcycle-superstore and my total was 219 USD by the time i got the whole bill $219+$39.99SH+$50duty-taxes+ USD to CDN=$388!!!!! and this is a complete crash kit where i have seen on the kneedraggers website for $203 USD which is not that bad. I thought i seen richard sell it for $189???

kazam58
May 3rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Count me in on this, I finally have the funds. However, if this doesn't take off in two or so weeks then I'm just going to buy them on my own.

kkim
May 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
the one from bayside is in canadian dollars. i recently bought my riding outfit from motorcycle-superstore and my total was 219 USD by the time i got the whole bill $219+$39.99SH+$50duty-taxes+ USD to CDN=$388!!!!! and this is a complete crash kit where i have seen on the kneedraggers website for $203 USD which is not that bad. I thought i seen richard sell it for $189???

why not ask if someone on ninjette in the US would buy it for you from Richard, then mail it to you as a birthday gift?

:D

mzrsq
May 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry Guys, couldn't wait any longer. I just ordered a set along with some other parts form FatBikez.

randomwalk101
May 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM
why not ask if someone on ninjette in the US would buy it for you from Richard, then mail it to you as a birthday gift?

:D

Yup..sounds like a good idea. Ask kkim. :D