View Full Version : You Have 1562 Unread Posts

zartan
March 31st, 2009, 09:07 PM
geeeez guys I can't keep up....

remember when it would say... you have 16 unread posts.. Great job!!

Alex
March 31st, 2009, 09:15 PM
:thumbup: It's trucking right along. At this point ninjette.org has more posts (significantly more) than any of the other new 250-specific boards (newninja.com, ninja250forum.com, 250r.net), and in a few weeks is on pace to have as many as all 3 of those combined. KF and ninja250.org still have us on volume, for now at least, but we've already got 'em on quality. :D

Thanks to each and every one of you for making this board exactly what I hoped it would become.

kkim
March 31st, 2009, 09:15 PM
lol... you can't even go to sleep now days w/o waking up to over a hundred new posts. :lol:

Heaven forbid if you miss a few days... let alone weeks! :eek:

There is always that "Mark all posts as Read" button, you know! :p

Dunno.. is this a good thing or bad thing?

M-Oorb
March 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM
I would like to say this board with like 100 new posts an hour is what gets me through classes such as American Presidency and NJ politics on my blackberry. :o I think I actually went a month without signing on b/c of finals last semester and my count was up around like 9xxx unread posts haha

Syphen
March 31st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Its a good board and the numbers prove it. Keep it up.

Verus Cidere
March 31st, 2009, 11:48 PM
Zartan, you're doing ok I think. As of now I have 5,380 unread posts! It's gonna take forever for me to catch up. I've been contemplating the "mark all as read" button, but what if I miss something I actually want to read? :rolleyes:

Viper-Byte
April 1st, 2009, 01:45 AM
I had 1XXX unread posts before I went away on holiday 9 days ago, I have been logging on in the morning and at night and trying to read as much as possible, I am up to 25XX unread posts now... :rolleyes:

BlueTyke
April 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM
If you build it they will come...

It also doesn't help that I haven't much work to do these days and so I spend my time wandering around the internet...

Also if it helps... I scroll through the posts and read the ones I want then 'read' the rest of them. :)

OldGuy
April 1st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Success does have it's draw backs that's for sure. Congratulations to Alex for providing us a forum like no other.

I know the "mark all post as read" cleans things up but would there be a way to leave just the ones you've posted in without going to the CP? You may miss new threads but at least you can be sure you see/answer any you have been talking in.

sometimesido
April 1st, 2009, 08:39 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/293/unreadw.jpg

Yea, forum quality wise I think this site is best.
and we need moar.

http://lintrups.dk/images/Diverse/Katte/moar.jpg

Snake
April 1st, 2009, 09:19 AM
You hit the nail on the head Alex. This is a quality forum.

Alex
April 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
I know the "mark all post as read" cleans things up but would there be a way to leave just the ones you've posted in without going to the CP? You may miss new threads but at least you can be sure you see/answer any you have been talking in.

That total is always going to show your unread posts; that's the way the mod works. But if you only want to see the ones that you posted in, just pull the Quick Links menu down and choose "Subscribed Threads" and it pops up a list of all your subscribed threads, which for most of you will mean the threads you posted in, as that's the default behavior. If you have changed your thread subscription properties, that may work differently for you depending on how you changed them.

OldGuy
April 1st, 2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the tip - I would have been digging in the closet to find out how to do that :thumbup:

Rynownd
April 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM
5200 unread posts... I need to catch up!

HKr1
April 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Dam, I really suck since work blocked the site. They blocked every version Alex made, plus the direct ip addy. :mad: :mad:

Alex
April 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM
That's too bad Kerry! Do they block anonymous proxies as well? You can try going to:

http://www.hidemyass.com/

and then on that site entering in whatever site you want to browse to.

sometimesido
April 1st, 2009, 08:06 PM
would they filter "ass" in hidemyass? that would suck. :D

00v_Lucky
April 2nd, 2009, 01:29 AM
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~cheese/GsocStuff/Moar.jpg

noche_caliente
April 2nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
seriously guys - if we could just slow down posting a little bit for the next week... I will be on vacation, and wouldn't like to take a month to catch up afterwords!
I used to read every single post on here - sadly, this is not true anymore :( not enough hours in the day for me to work and take care of the kid and then come home to ninjette!

g21-30
April 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Finally, I have more than kkim!!! :D

g21-30
April 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
That's too bad Kerry! Do they block anonymous proxies as well? You can try going to:

http://www.hidemyass.com/

and then on that site entering in whatever site you want to browse to.
You can try converting the IP address to Octal. That always works for me.

Here's another info link:

http://www.pc-help.org/obscure.htm

Sailariel
April 2nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
I will really get behind. Am scheduled for eye surgery next week and will have to stay off the computer for a week,--also motorcycle and cage. Bummer!

zartan
April 2nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
I hope you heal quickly~~

komohana
April 3rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
I will really get behind. Am scheduled for eye surgery next week and will have to stay off the computer for a week,--also motorcycle and cage. Bummer!

hope everything goes well :angel:

Kurosaki
April 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
You Have 6979 Unread Posts

NJD022588
April 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
School work isnt allowing me to keep up. Over winter break I was sitting waiting for more people to post. Now...

OldGuy
April 3rd, 2009, 09:35 PM

Hope all goes well Alex. How's the snow level?

ninjabrewer
April 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
After over 3 weeks w/o internet after moving, I had over 9000 unread posts. I am now down to 8081 after spending a bit of time on here. But one really good thing....I noticed that there are several new gorgeous ladies that had joined the club. And I said to myself, "where were these lovely gals when I was young and single?" As I took a sip of coffee, it occurred to me, "THEY WASN'T BORN YET YOU OLD GEEZER" :eek:

Sailariel, I hope everything goes ok with your eyes, heal quick, riding season is here.

nb

zail
April 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Best Ninja 250 forum I've found! Nice one for making it so :)