View Full Version : Greetings from the SF East Bay

SpyderGirl
April 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM
Someone told me I had to come here and introduce myself, so here I am. My name is Katlyn. I've been riding off and on for about 3 years now. My first bike was a 1985 Nighthawk 750s that I couldn't reach the ground on. My second bike was a 2006 Honda Rebel 250 (which is now the hubby's), my third bike was a 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 (which I traded in for my 4th bike - a 2008 Can Am Spyder), and my current bike (along with the Spyder) is a 2009 Candy Plasma Blue Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

I bought the Ninja because I missed riding two wheelers, I always wanted a Ninja from the very beginning (a lime green one of course), and I needed something to ride when I didn't feel like getting bombarded with questions about the Spyder. I almost gave up riding two wheelers cuz I never could get the hang of handling the cruisers. Then I got a thought -- if I get a sport bike it'll probably be easier for me to handle.... and I was right!! I'm in love with the two-wheeler all over again.

Just this past weekend the hubby and I took the MSF course on our own bikes and I passed with only 4 points (best in the class). I'll be M1 licensed hopefully by the end of this week -- just waiting for my certificate.

We are always looking for people to ride with and for places to practice our skills. So hit me up if your down for a local (easy) ride or are having a cone practice session we could get in on.

Later.

Alex
April 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM
:welcome: SpyderGirl! Glad you found us...

OldGuy
April 1st, 2009, 02:53 PM
Howdy SpiderGirl - welcome to our web (I'm sorry I couldn't resist that):D

Glad to have you with us. Enjoy the family.

BlueTyke
April 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the boards! I know for a fact that there are a lot of Ninjette members around you. Check out the Members map!

SpyderGirl
April 1st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I found a lot of them who are members over at BARF. I'm looking forward to riding with some of them and even have plans to attend cone practice in Martinez this weekend.

SpyderGirl
April 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM
:welcome: SpyderGirl! Glad you found us...

Thanks Alex. :)

BlueTyke
April 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM
If you hang out on BARF you might also wanna check out Southbayriders.com

SpyderGirl
April 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
Oiy.... too many forums... head is spinning.... I think the four I use right now are enough... two for my Ninja (BARF and here) and two for my Spyder. Thanks Sunny.

Happy Riding!!

kkim
April 1st, 2009, 03:46 PM
Aloha and welcome, Katlyn.... again! :D

Glad you enjoy the site. Hope to see you active on the boards in the future.

mahalo for joining us
:)

Syphen
April 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hey! Post some pics of all the bikes. I love those old Nighthawks. Was it the black one with red trim?

:drool: I like old bikes. (not trying to be offensive to you OldGuy, and Kelly because I guess to you two a early 80's nighthawk isn't old. But to me, it IS!)

islanderman7
April 1st, 2009, 04:26 PM
:welcome:

Snake
April 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM
I've allready introduced myself to you but let me take this opportunity to formaly introduce myself.

sometimesido
April 1st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Nice Spyder!

ninjablk08
April 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
welcome

Sound Wave
April 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM
welcome. yeah post up some pics of your spyder. i have never seen any of them here in hawaii yet. that bike (trike?) looks nuts.

KJohnson21
April 1st, 2009, 08:37 PM

komohana
April 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM
aloha spydergirl :yo:

thought i miss'd yer intro...glad i didnt!

welcome & enjoy
congrats on the MSF completion too :thumbup:

sometimesido
April 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM
it's in her album.
(pics of her Spyder)

I like the flames and what looks to be saddle bags.

Verus Cidere
April 1st, 2009, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the forum spydergirl. I gotta say, when I first saw a spyder, I thought they looked really wierd. Ok, I still think they look wierd :shifty: but to each his (or her) own I guess. Again, welcome! :D

miks
April 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
Welcome mate!

SpyderGirl
April 2nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Thank you all. Yes, there are pics of the Spyder in my albums and yes those are saddlebags from Corbin as well as a Corbin seat. I love my Spyder and I love my Ninja -- both are a blast in different ways and as a lot of people say - to each is his/her own. :)

As for the Nighthawk, yes it was the black one with the red trim. The Vulcan was dark purple with nice Cobra pipes on it (I miss that exhaust).

Alex
April 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Hi SpyderGirl! Just saw this posted on another forum:

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21714.htm

California specifically banned 3-wheel vehicles from lane-splitting. I've never ridden a Can-Am, so I'm not sure if the width would make lanesplitting a reasonable idea, but the lawmakers took it out of our hands as of 1/1/09. :(

komohana
April 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
As for the Nighthawk, yes it was the black one with the red trim.

aloha spydergirl :)

is that nighthawk the model/year that has them hydraulic valve adjusters?
(..ahh..does that sound familiar at all?..) :confused:

SpyderGirl
April 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hi SpyderGirl! Just saw this posted on another forum:

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21714.htm

California specifically banned 3-wheel vehicles from lane-splitting. I've never ridden a Can-Am, so I'm not sure if the width would make lanesplitting a reasonable idea, but the lawmakers took it out of our hands as of 1/1/09. :(

Yes, I just read that over at BARF. I never would think of lane splitting on the Spyder, it's 5' wide.

I was more concerned regarding the use of the HOV lane with just the rider. Looking for some clarification on that one.

noche_caliente
April 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Welcome

rceezy
April 2nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Welcome!! :)

chinasmurf
April 8th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Welcome, I'm new too:)

SpyderGirl
April 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome!!!