View Full Version : Jacket fitment sizing ?

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 08:38 PM
I just purchased an Alpinestars SP-1 in size 42 US-52 EUR . It fits very snug , when not zipped up the zippers are about 2 inches apart while i have it on. Zipped up i can still put my hand underneath jacket.

My questions are how tight would you want it to fit ? And should i move up one size ? With the tape measure i'm at 42 inches chest size.

Thanks for the help !

kkim
April 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM
read the sizing information...
http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants/alpinestars/sp_1_perforated_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks Kelly, That answered my question very well. :thumbup:

I'll keep this one :D

I got new gear because i've been a :squid: to long :o
I picked up: Astars SP-1 jacket, Apex track pants, SP-1 gloves, and SMX-5 boots. Should be a little safer now.

sometimesido
April 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM
someone spent some money. :D

kkim
April 1st, 2009, 08:58 PM
I picked up: Astars SP-1 jacket, Apex track pants, SP-1 gloves, and SMX-5 boots. Should be a little safer now. smart man. good safety gear will seem priceless the day you put them to the test.

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 09:03 PM
someone spent some money. :D

A rider went down here last month, a car pulled out in front of him and i got the message LOUD & CLEAR :eek: He's in rehab. They don't know if there has been to much to much trama to his brain or not .

sometimesido
April 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
I was talking about brand, but yea.
Two of my buddies been hit by a car.
My next purchase will definitely be a set of boots.

Sound Wave
April 1st, 2009, 09:16 PM
man those alpinestars jackets run tight. i tried one on in the store and i could not get it off. i was struggling and struggling. finally my wife came back from whatever section she was in and gave me a hand. i would definitely have to get a size larger.

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 09:20 PM
man those alpinestars jackets run tight. i tried one on in the store and i could not get it off. i was struggling and struggling. finally my wife came back from whatever section she was in and gave me a hand. i would definitely have to get a size larger.

I've only had that happen trying to take off my back pack while i had on my Joe Rocket Kawi jacket

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ready for riding...

sometimesido
April 1st, 2009, 09:49 PM
black bike with black gear?
Does it have any reflective stuff?

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 09:59 PM
black bike with black gear?
Does it have any reflective stuff?
No, But i do have an attention getting helmet.
And an Area P at RPMs
And i don't ride at night

miks
April 1st, 2009, 10:15 PM
Woo, Mr. Alpinestar.

You're so stealthy looking.

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 10:19 PM
Woo, Mr. Alpinestar.

You're so stealthy looking.
And thin . :p
I'm not in the suit.

miks
April 1st, 2009, 10:22 PM
lol, I was going to say...

Thought you were skinnier than Nicole Richy for a moment, even though thats almost impossible...

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
:happy80:

Sound Wave
April 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM
i wish they wouldn't make jackets with fake abdominal muscles. other than that, sweet gear.

CRXTrek
April 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
Old Guys need this to impress the Ladies :D

Cali619
April 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
I dont think those are supposed to be there for style lol they give a little more material to burn off if you ever slid on your belly. But yeah old dudes like me need them to impress the ladies too.