View Full Version : Wind Shield Problem

00v_Lucky
April 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
After seeing the thread on the smoked turn signals, I decided that instead of dropping 70+ on a wind screen, might as well just do a free job and use the leftover smoke-out spray for car tail lights.

Did not come out the way I wanted, but still looks better than stock. Anyways, the problem I have right now is that one of the screws (facing the bike's headlights, bottom left screw will not go in) I tried both of the long screws on it and also by kind of pushing the dash up a bit but for some reason it will not go in, the screw kind of bounces or springs up.

My current solution: washable white glue the washer and screw. (I am pretty sure that this will not screw up the paint, or prove me wrong please)

:mad: damn screw, there is no possible way that I stripped the screw or anything right? the screw itself isnt damaged but I do not know, I can barely see inside of the hole to see if there is damage in there. I will be honest, I was a bit frustrated so I tried putting pressure trying all angles and what not.

help?

kkim
April 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
those screws are held in by wellnuts. look at my DIY on installing the ZG DB. You can actually reach up under the front nose piece and grab onto the wellnut to keep it from spinning... if it's still there. Look up under there and check it out.

00v_Lucky
April 2nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
roger that.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
I concur. I read Kkim's DIY on this and I screwed everything in in the order he specified. If you try to do it any other way you may wind up having to unscrew everything to properly position it. Kkim is the 250 Yoda. Not following his DIY unwise it is.

Moo-wasaki
April 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
You seek KKim, you do...The force is strong in that one!

Sailariel
April 2nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Used KKim`s DIY and installed a ZG Sport Touring windscreen in less than five minutes. The DIY`s on this forum are priceless.

miks
April 2nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Ooo, I want to join the club too!

Kkim, you're so cool!

Also, you reckon you can post up pics of the windscreen? thanks.