View Full Version : Bi-lingual

Snake
April 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Does any one out there speak onother language besides English. If so which one(s).
My second language is Spanish.

kkim
April 2nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
lol... I have a hard enough time with english to even consider learning another language. :p

rceezy
April 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Spanish and Cambodian.

py2e
April 2nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Cantonese. English is actually my second language, but I speak it quite good.... uh, I mean... well.

islanderman7
April 2nd, 2009, 05:36 PM
English, ASL, learning Latin American Spanish ATM.

noche_caliente
April 2nd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Espanol aqui :)

I can also read french and italian, but my french accent is atrocious if I try to speak it!

py2e
April 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
I noticed some of you said ASL. What made you guys learn it? I went to Rochester Institute of Tech and there was a big deaf population there.

Snake
April 2nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
I thought you would say French!

Me, some Spanish and ASL.

I do know some French but it's Cajun French

islanderman7
April 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I noticed some of you said ASL. What made you guys learn it? I went to Rochester Institute of Tech and there was a big deaf population there.

Since you asked...

I am actually hard of hearing (not deaf) in both ears. Was born that way and I wear hearing aids for this disability. My mother (go figure) wanted me to take ASL in college because my family has a history of hearing loss in their 50s and she felt that there was a high probability of me being deaf.

But I can still hear without my hearing aids on. If you ever seen an audio graph, normal hearing is usually a straight line from left to right. But as one ages their audio graph portrays a downward slope from left to right. But for me, I have a straight normal line, then a dip in the middle and back up to the normal line from left to right. AKA a cookie bite. As if someone took a bite out of my hearing. So my hearing aids bring my hearing up to what a normal person hears. A straight line across.

It so happens that the pitches that I lost tend to be women's voices. So when my mom gets mad at me, out comes the hearing aids.:biggrin1:

Snake
April 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
This is cool that there are so many of us that speak different tongues. I enjoy speaking / writing in a different tongue whenever I get the chance.

Sailariel
April 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
English is my third language. I speak German and French. Serbo-Croatian was lost due to lack of use. I am also quite well versed in Profane.

Nemy
April 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
English, Cantonese and passable (but slow) French. Trying to listen to some tapes to teach myself German though

kkim
April 2nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
I am also quite well versed in Profane.

yes... I must correct my earlier post... I am very fluent in that, too. :D

sometimesido
April 2nd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Korean.

miks
April 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
English, Vietnamese, Japanese

& Double Dutch! :D

Nemy
April 2nd, 2009, 11:29 PM
yes... I must correct my earlier post... I am very fluent in that, too. :D

I think that's just the dialect of English that we speak... now that I think about it, I could be wrong... :confused::rolleyes:

CC Cowboy
April 3rd, 2009, 05:01 AM
I speak Bostonian, New Yorker, Texan, and some variations of midwestern and southern. I'm also good with a limited amount of sign language ( well actually only one gesture).

BlueTyke
April 3rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
I took German back in Highschool for two years and for the life of me all I can remember is how to say (not spell) "I forgot my homework" hehehe... Slacker I know but I passed with B's without doing the homework.

In College I took ASL so I am rather fluient in it... Though it is slipping away because I don't use it often. It works really well when you are scuba diving. I took it because I really didn't want to take Spanish (a mistake btw when you live in CA). That and I thought the idea of talking behind my siblings backs to my friends without them hearing was a very neat idea :D

py2e
April 3rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
I took German back in Highschool for two years and for the life of me all I can remember is how to say (not spell) "I forgot my homework" hehehe... Slacker I know but I passed with B's without doing the homework.

In College I took ASL so I am rather fluient in it... Though it is slipping away because I don't use it often. It works really well when you are scuba diving. I took it because I really didn't want to take Spanish (a mistake btw when you live in CA). That and I thought the idea of talking behind my siblings backs to my friends without them hearing was a very neat idea :D

I would have never thought about using ASL for scuba diving. neat idea.

BlueTyke
April 3rd, 2009, 07:47 AM
It works well... as long as your buddy knows it... Because you can't laugh underwater (or they can't see it) doing the 'Ha ha' (or thats what I call it, it is probably the Laughter sign) sign makes up for that. Phil is learning some of the 'key words' like look there, this way, ha ha.. :)

GoldieTiger
April 3rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
English, French, and Chinese (x2= Cantonese & Toi Shan)

islanderman7
April 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
It works well... as long as your buddy knows it... Because you can't laugh underwater (or they can't see it) doing the 'Ha ha' (or thats what I call it, it is probably the Laughter sign) sign makes up for that. Phil is learning some of the 'key words' like look there, this way, ha ha.. :)

haha. Thats so cool cuz I'm a certified diver too. Unfortunately nobody in my class knew ASL:mad:.

Do you use the "LOL" sign or the finger spelling of "h a h a"?

KJohnson21
April 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
German, although I'm kind of rusty.

BlueTyke
April 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Um well its like the come here (universal) sign but using the index and middle finger. And instead of having the thumb tucked in it's out. I generaly use both hands.

Found a quicktime video... (http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/browser.htm)
(I think it might take you straight to an index. go to H then Ha Ha (second one down :) )

g21-30
April 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM
I do know some French but it's Cajun French

That's what I was talking about! :D

BlueRaven
April 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
My mother tongue is Acadian french which is french mixed with english. It might be close to the "cajun" french, i've never heard their version of the french. The french from atlantic canada were deported to louisiana in 1755 by the english. Some of us came back to canada and some of our ancestors stayed in louisiana. But I am currently learning Italian cause it sounds so sexy ;)

sm0kediver
April 3rd, 2009, 06:01 PM
English is my second language. My first language is Southern :)

Snake
April 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
My mother tongue is Acadian french which is french mixed with english. It might be close to the "cajun" french, i've never heard their version of the french. The french from atlantic canada were deported to louisiana in 1755 by the english. Some of us came back to canada and some of our ancestors stayed in louisiana. But I am currently learning Italian cause it sounds so sexy ;)

Yes 'cajun french' was derived from "acadian french".

People tell me that when I speak Spanish to them that it sounds very sexy. Which is very true because Spanish and French are two of the "Romance Languages".

BlueRaven
April 4th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I guess i'll have to brush up on my spanish too. ;)
and maybe go see if i have any relatives down in louisiana.

toku
April 5th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Russian was my first language but I use English considerably more now, besides my family here I only know a few other Russians so I don't get to use it nearly as much as I'd like.

paterick4o8
April 6th, 2009, 01:16 AM
After English is Taglish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taglish), some Spanish, and some Cantonese phrases I picked up when I lived in Hong Kong.

Oh, and I also speak ebonics and Bay Area slanguage, teeheehee

Snake
April 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I guess i'll have to brush up on my spanish too. ;)
and maybe go see if i have any relatives down in louisiana.

Any time your in Louisiana let me know and I will show you around.

00v_Lucky
April 6th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Korean, but I might start taking some classes for Latin, and then go onto the rest of the romantic languages from there ;)

DirtyBoy
April 8th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Spanish and a little Italian. I use to be fluent in Italiano but when my grandfather moved back to Italy I lost a lot of it. I spoke three languages fluently by the time I was five. Damn I wish my brain still soaked stuff up like a sponge. Now it works more like a wet sponge.

zeroth
April 9th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Bengali (an Indian language), and okay in Spanish.

Verus Cidere
April 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM

Hehehe... Same basic status right now, except it's a little more fresh in my mind. Oh, by the way, it's "Ich habe meine Hausaufgaben vergessen." if I remember correctly. :D

Buffalony
April 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Anyone here learn a language from rosetta stone? Is it any good?

miks
April 10th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Does anyone speak Latin these days?

chinasmurf
April 10th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Na Ho ma?!!!

chinasmurf
April 10th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I speak Cantonese and Tai San:thumbup:

Snake
May 20th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Bump
Wanted to see what languages some of our new members speak.

Flashmonkey
May 20th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Oh nice thread!

I'll get things started for the new people....don't be shy guys!

I can speak English and teh internetz.

Snake
May 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
^^^ Is that a computer language?

rceezy
May 20th, 2010, 07:42 AM
i can speak english and teh internetz.

n00b!

Flashmonkey
May 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM
^^^ Is that a computer language?

Something like that. :)

n00b!

Hey..I'm no noob...NTTAWWT. lulz.

drowe531
May 20th, 2010, 08:11 AM
English, a bit of Spanish (enough to get by when I was in Spain). Learned a few phrases in German when I was there. Used to know C++ and Java but stopped using that. I'm also very well versed in a$$hole.

rceezy
May 20th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Something like that. :)

Hey..I'm no noob...NTTAWWT. lulz.

Translation:
Not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

schneider_11
May 20th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Portuguese (native language)

tjkamper
May 20th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I speak English and Spanish fluently.

I also learned Protugues, but it's been five years since I last used it and I never was fully fluent. I also learned a lot of Guayu (probably about the level of a 4 year old), but it's been 7 years since I've seen a Guajiro and I can't even remember any of it.

So chalk me up as Bi-lingual. I speak Principally Spanish at home and Principally English at Work.

If I get the promotion from my work instead of changing companies and moving to Idaho, I will be managing a team of Burmeese refugees, Maybe I can learn Burmeese?

DRivero
May 20th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Do I count? I'm pretty new, right?

I'm a gringa born and raised, but I speak Spanish fairly fluently, having been married to a Cuban for 12 years. El Cubano is gone now, but I live in South Florida, so I still speak Spanish all the time.

I took 2 years of French in high school, but it's all but forgottrn now. However, I can do zee English with zee French accent perfectly!
Posted via Mobile Device

rceezy
May 20th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I took 2 years of French in high school, but it's all but forgottrn now. However, I can do zee English with zee French accent perfectly!
Posted via Mobile Device

This was all I could think of:

Jean Girard: My name is Jean Girard and I am a racing-car driver just like you except I am from Formula Un. I am the greatest one in the whole world. I have been following your career with great interest, Monsieur Bobby.
Ricky Bobby: I can't understand a word you've said the whole time.
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Did you eat some peanut butter or something?
Ricky Bobby: Yeah, you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth
Jean Girard: I think what you are hearing is my accent. I am French.
Ricky Bobby: You say you're French?
Jean Girard: Oui.
[sounds like 'We']
Ricky Bobby: We? No, we are not French. We're American, because you're in America, okay? Greatest country on the planet

:p

Flow
May 20th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Dutch and Italian.

wat ingels be?

Snake
May 20th, 2010, 10:16 AM
English and I speak Spanish fluently. Spanish was my first language. I know a little French, enough to get me in trouble...lol

Scott1620
May 20th, 2010, 10:45 AM
English and a lot of computer programming languages, I think I type computer languages better than English sometimes because you get punished if you mess up anything in a programming language... :doh:

capt_bugaloo
May 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Conozco algunas palabras de espanol, pero mi habilidad con este idioma es muy mal - yo hablo espanol como un nino. :rolleyes:

deezyellownutz
May 20th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Vietnamese, some chinese, some ASL oh wait... engrish.. too

Pizzaboy
May 20th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Portuguese

Flow
May 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM
English and a lot of computer programming languages, I think I type computer languages better than English sometimes because you get punished if you mess up anything in a programming language... :doh:

Well if we're bringing in computers, I'm good with C(7 years' frequent experience) and VB(12 years' frequent experience) as well as all webscripting except Flash.

rockNroll
May 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I are fluent only in english, but I know enough spanish to cuss or find out where the bathroom is.

Flow
May 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I are fluent only in english, but I know enough spanish to cuss or find out where the bathroom is.

The only thing important is finding out where the bar is.

Snake
May 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Conozco algunas palabras de espanol, pero mi habilidad con este idioma es muy mal - yo hablo espanol como un nino. :rolleyes:

Hablas espanol muy bien. Hablas frances tambien?

drowe531
May 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM
The only thing important is finding out where the bar is.

Yo necesito mucho cervesa por favor.

Snake
May 20th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Tequila hace que mi ropa se callgan. :smile-drink3:

Cab305
May 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I speak the properties of love, cause I'm a joker I'm a smoker I'm a midnight toker.

Some people call me the space cowboy,yeah Some call me the gangster of love Some people call me Maurice.

kevlarorc
May 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I speak Texan. I also have the Spanish language ability of a 2 year old. maybe younger.

Flashmonkey
May 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I speak the properties of love, cause I'm a joker I'm a smoker I'm a midnight toker.

Some people call me the space cowboy,yeah Some call me the gangster of love Some people call me Maurice.

*looks around*

What just happened here? And why are my pants around my ankles. *eep!*

maglin
May 20th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Ελληνικά :)

rockNroll
May 20th, 2010, 02:32 PM
It's not properties of love, It's pompitous :p

Snake
May 20th, 2010, 03:58 PM
OK, back on topic.
What languages do you speak?

capt_bugaloo
May 20th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Hablas espanol muy bien. Hablas frances tambien?
Lo siento, puedo hablar solo ingles y poquito de espanol. Yo estudie frances muchos anos en el pasado, pero no puedo recordar nada. :D

Rayme
May 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
My first language is french, english second. Pretty much master in both I guess. I'd love to learn german though.

Méké
May 20th, 2010, 07:04 PM
My only is French , my English is so poor :ashamed10:

Hé Rayme look at our french site crazy guy's

http://www.ninja250r.fr/

maglin
May 21st, 2010, 05:03 AM
Ελληνικά :)

And body language... :dancecool:

Snake
September 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Bump
Any other bi or even tri-lingual people out here?

00NissanNinja
September 16th, 2010, 08:36 PM
English and a bit of spanish though I rarely have use it. At least I generally can understand a person speaking it to me (as long as they don't say it really fast).

jmgrande
September 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM
muy pequito

Ash
September 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I took German and French in school - but they are all but forgotten. However on a trip to Europe, my German did come in handy - while my French failed me completely and utterly. I am conversant in Mandarin Chinese.

@RC - Isn't the Cambodian language called Khmer - like the Filipino language is called Tagalog - or am I just ill informed? Thx!

Rosie
September 17th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Fluent in Italian (my first language) and English.

I could speak French and German too, but haven't spoken any of them in the longest time, so I can still understand them, but it's harder to remember how to properly speak/write. You need to continue practicing a language or eventually you'll loose it. Too bad.

Snake
September 17th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Anyone know Latin? Now that's a language I would like to know. You know Latin and you have a heads up on all the rest.

Rosie
September 17th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Anyone know Latin? Now that's a language I would like to know. You know Latin and you have a heads up on all the rest.

I studied Latin in High School back in Italy. I hated it... but it was a good base to learn German as their noun/verb conjugations are similar. However, I conveniently forgot all the Latin I learned.. :p

Darling Ninja
September 17th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I speak Spanish, however, most people do not know it. I've been to quite a few Mexican markets in my day, and the look on people's faces when I start speaking Spanish is priceless. People think I'm Asian, I'm actually Mexican American.

Snake
September 17th, 2010, 10:32 AM
+1 Me too!

revstriker
September 17th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Lived in Germany for 5 years in the 80s and went to school over there to learn German. Don't really use it much anymore so I am very rusty.

jonthechron
September 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
French and English as a second language.

Ryosen11
September 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
English - trying very hard lol

Japanese - 川崎忍者250はとても良いバイクだと思います。

Spanish - Hablo un poquito Espanol. Tengo muy hambre! Voy a comer el almuerzo. Hasta luego!

Darling Ninja
September 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
+1 Me too!

Woo hoo!

Snake
September 17th, 2010, 07:03 PM
English - trying very hard lol

Japanese - 川崎忍者250はとても良いバイクだと思います。

Spanish - Hablo un poquito Espanol. Tengo muy hambre! Voy a comer el almuerzo. Hasta luego!

Translation: I am very hungy, I am going to eat breakfast, See you later!

KTRacing38
September 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
French is my second language.

Blue Raven - Acadian French is quite unique! I speak Quebecois French but spent a summer in NB during university studying Acadian French. Took me almost 3 months to get the Acadian accent out of my French! (and about that long to get the "East Coast" out of my English!).

Snake
September 17th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Kristy, it is very cool how the different cultchers take the mother language and make it there own.

DEXSPEED
September 17th, 2010, 08:21 PM
tagalog first english second other filipino dialect third!:D

Flashmonkey
September 17th, 2010, 10:06 PM
tagalog first english second other filipino dialect third!:D

What would that second dialect be? Illocano?

I used to know tagalog. I can still understand it but stopped speaking it the moment I set foot in Kindergarten...and asked some blonde chick to marry me. :D

Ryosen11
September 17th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Translation: I am very hungy, I am going to eat breakfast, See you later!
Oops, I meant to say "lunch" :p and I had chicken tacos :D

DEXSPEED
September 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM
What would that second dialect be? Illocano?

I used to know tagalog. I can still understand it but stopped speaking it the moment I set foot in Kindergarten...and asked some blonde chick to marry me. :D

sure is!:D

spooph
September 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM
English is my second language, been speaking it as my primary for 14 years now.

Afrikaans is my first language (South Africa - no, I'm not black, a derivative of Dutch and German, heavy on the Dutch side).

y yo hablo un puquito espanol tambien, pero necessito mas practica. Quiero un compadre para conversar con. how bad was that snake? :P

00NissanNinja
September 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM
y yo hablo un puquito espanol tambien, pero necessito mas practica. Quiero un compadre para conversar con. how bad was that snake? :P
I translate this time lol: and I speak a little spanish too, but need more practice. I want a person to have a conversation with.

Yeah you said something like that haha I don't speak Spanish much but I know enough of it

toast
September 18th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I took (Canadian) French from grades 4-12; I can read it pretty well and understand it when spoken to, but my accent has always been poor, and since I haven't used it in years I find it hard to speak since I've reverted back to translating from English to French before I speak, which is hard to do.

sir young
September 18th, 2010, 11:17 PM
English, Spanish, ASL.

KURT
September 19th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Cobol....:thumbup:

GeneJunkie
September 19th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I learned French from 7th to 11th grade, I would have taken it my senior year but decided anatomy would be more fun than AP French.

I've always been better being spoken to and reading French, I'm awful at speaking it.

Snake
September 19th, 2010, 07:30 AM
English is my second language, been speaking it as my primary for 14 years now.

Afrikaans is my first language (South Africa - no, I'm not black, a derivative of Dutch and German, heavy on the Dutch side).

I translate this time lol: and I speak a little spanish too, but need more practice. I want a person to have a conversation with.

Yeah you said something like that haha I don't speak Spanish much but I know enough of it

You both did great. That was almost perfect.

Flow
September 19th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Something I personally find funny that's worth mentioning, might be on-topic, might not be. It might not be obvious to English-speakers, but Arnold Schwarzenegger's last name translates into "black n*****."

spooph
September 19th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Lmao!

Blackwidow
September 20th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Armenian, a little bit of spanish and in the process of trying to learn some french.

drowe531
September 20th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I speak Boston, which means I don't pronounce the R in the middle of any words

Sailariel
September 21st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Does anyone speak Latin these days?

Took four years in High School---but that was 50 years ago.

tiggen
September 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
Spanish, and I learned it in central Spain, so I speak with "that" accent.

Snake
September 24th, 2010, 04:46 AM
^^^ So then you speak it with somewhat of a "lisp"?

tiggen
September 24th, 2010, 05:26 AM
^^^ So then you speak it with somewhat of a "lisp"?

Yeth.

Snake
September 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
^^^ :rofl:

jcgirl
September 24th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I grew up speaking Italian... then went to school and learned english, Then moved to Mont Joli, Quebec and had to learn French.. then spent 4 months working in a hospital in Cuba and had to learn Spanish... I can Swear in a whole bunch more languages too. :)

JS73
September 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Yeth.

:lol::lol::lol: That's great!!

Spanish is my first language, but I speak it only with the family and maybe some friends. It's normally English everywhere I go.

Although, as Sailariel and kkim, I can be fluent in Profane at times:rant:

Snake
September 24th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I grew up speaking Italian... then went to school and learned english, Then moved to Mont Joli, Quebec and had to learn French.. then spent 4 months working in a hospital in Cuba and had to learn Spanish... I can Swear in a whole bunch more languages too. :)

Wow, you have a very talented tongue. Keeping the romance languages Italian, French, Spanish) strait must be hard because they have alot in common. At least I find it that way with my Spanish and French when I hear the cajuns talk.

jcgirl
September 24th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Wow, you have a very talented tongue. Keeping the romance languages Italian, French, Spanish) strait must be hard because they have alot in common. At least I find it that way with my Spanish and French when I hear the cajuns talk.

Yep, It usually ends up coming out as spatalian or sprench.. Every time I talk to my Nonna in Rome, she always ends up saying "I don't speak Spanish.. talk to me in Italian."

It also means that even when I'm cussing you out.. it sounds pretty.. :D

Snake
September 24th, 2010, 02:49 PM
^^^ Very true, you can cuss someone out in one of the romance languages and wind up turning them on. lol

jcgirl
September 24th, 2010, 02:59 PM
^^^ Very true, you can cuss someone out in one of the romance languages and wind up turning them on. lol

LOL, I know that feeling. My Beau speaks french... he could be talking about anything in the world... but I think its the cutest thing in the world. Boys who speak other languages rock:thumbup:

Snake
September 24th, 2010, 04:39 PM
LOL, I know that feeling. My Beau speaks french... he could be talking about anything in the world... but I think its the cutest thing in the world. Boys who speak other languages rock:thumbup:

Yea I rock! :crazyloco::dancecool::partytime20::partytime10:

davidhowellca
September 24th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Yea I rock! :crazyloco::dancecool::partytime20::partytime10:

heh… non. Bien essayé mais…c'est moi qui "rocks". Pas toi d'abord.

plutonium
September 24th, 2010, 04:49 PM
C++/C#

Snake
September 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
heh… non. Bien essayé mais…c'est moi qui "rocks". Pas toi d'abord.

Translation: heh ... no. Nice try but ... it's me who "rocks". Not you first.

No problem. You can take first honors. El honor es tuyo. ? Usted es el novio de jcgirl?

jcgirl
September 24th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Translation: heh ... no. Nice try but ... it's me who "rocks". Not you first.

No problem. You can take first honors. El honor es tuyo. ? Usted es el novio de jcgirl?

Si, es el novio... Pero, todo dias es verdas, todos los hombres che puesdes hablar un order idioma rocK :)

Sorry my writing in spanish ain't so good. All boys who speak another language rock.

davidhowellca
September 24th, 2010, 05:45 PM
C++/C#

Best answer in the entire thread ;)

C++/C#/ASP/PHP/XML and Java for myself.

Snake
September 25th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Si, es el novio... Pero, todo dias es verdas, todos los hombres che puesdes hablar un order idioma rocK :)

Sorry my writing in spanish ain't so good. All boys who speak another language rock.

David you are a lucky man. :thumbup:

Snake
April 21st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Bump

CynicalC
April 21st, 2011, 07:58 PM
My girlfriend speaks Italian, Cantonese and English fluent. And a little bit of modern Greek, Spanish and Vietnamese.

I speak English... I'm ign'ant. :/

Ytse Frobozz
April 21st, 2011, 08:04 PM
I took four years of German, but I rarely get to practice it. It came up in a humorous situation where I was helping some people debug some kind of server to server communications by looking at the individual network packets, and some of the messages were in German. I saw one packet that had "Was ist passiert?" (what's happening?) in it, and I was like, "Oh, this is not a good sign!"

gfloyd2002
April 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
My employer thinks I speak Mandarin, and shows me test results to prove it, but I've got 2 years of confused, functionally illiterate living in China that says different.

Snake
April 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Tell him you deserve a raise due to the skill he claims you poses.

kaiserz
April 23rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
1st = tagalog
2nd = engrish
3rd = restaurant spanish.

Snake
April 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Restaurant spanish is a very important skill to have. "Cervesa por favor"

kaiserz
April 24th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Restaurant spanish is a very important skill to have. "Cervesa por favor"

yeah it is heheh it gets the job done.

phr3ek
April 24th, 2011, 05:48 PM
english
tagalog (slowly forgetting it :()
spanish (greeting and cussing and stupid gay phrases)

Green Streak
April 24th, 2011, 06:41 PM
English and bad English...

checho323
April 24th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Spanglish :D