View Full Version : key hole loose

23john93
January 15th, 2014, 07:29 AM
When ever I got my bike it look that it have some kind of fiber holding it and no bolts.. well I thougth not a biggie, I have it like that for almos 5 month .. tre days ago I was riding and was hearing noises and when ever I got home I sawthat the key hole is loose and I didnot let me take the key out and when I did the bakje stay in contac ( like ready to start up ) well after a while fighting with it I gotto shut it off and close the conatc butnow idk how to fixit idk if anyone can help me

Alex
January 15th, 2014, 08:01 AM
http://yummymenandkickasschicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/confused.jpg

subxero
January 15th, 2014, 08:10 AM
"I lost a button hole... where am I gonna get a button hole?"

5:42

F5ErMolRE8M

23john93
January 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the anwser guys but I think i make no since lol so I gonna make a video of my problem so u guys can see what I mean lol

23john93
January 15th, 2014, 01:45 PM
BEBrR5vAVJA

Alex
January 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM
video fixed

Alex
January 15th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I thought there were two tamperproof screws near the bottom of that assembly to hold it in place. I seem to remember there have been posts about them coming loose, and assuming that there wasn't any evildoer who intentionally tried to break your ignition lock, perhaps they both came loose and fell out of your bike. If you go to the sticky thread area at the top of the new-gen tech section, you should be able to find a link to see the micro-fiche parts diagram of your bike, and you can see how it is supposed to be secured.

23john93
January 15th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Hey thanks I looked up and now I know what I need to fix but where can I buy the pards needed?

cuong-nutz
January 15th, 2014, 11:44 PM
You can buy replacement bolts/screws at the hardware store. Ace, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. You would have to remove the ignition from the front triple tree where it is mounted to. Has you bike been tampered with? It shouldn't be loose like that.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110442

23john93
January 16th, 2014, 12:30 AM
When I got it it already was like that and it was with a glass fiber looking material and it did not has the bolts in it. That all that was holding it from move like that

cuong-nutz
January 16th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Hope this can help you further..

23john93
January 16th, 2014, 12:55 AM
hey thenk you very much i already fount a web site where i can get all this :D :D:D and now i will order it and i will see if it work for me :D

cuong-nutz
January 16th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Yeah I will helo alot but where did founf that site with the bolts?

I recommend you read and follow this link: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110442

The bolt I circled is designed to not be able to removed once installed. You will have to drill the head of the bolt off in order to remove the ignition switch. Once you do so, you will have to heat up the remaining threaded portion of the bolt since it is threadlocked into the triple tree. Then use some vice grips or a bolt extractor to remove it. Then get some new bolts to replace the ones you took out unless you want your igntion lock to be tamperproofed again.

23john93
January 16th, 2014, 03:26 PM
The bolt just scruw in or out? Because I see its rusty inside where u put the bolt but anyways that post really help me alot I was think of take to a dealer but now I thing I can fix It fkr myself. Thank you very much for your help