View Full Version : I want to introduce you to...

Apex
April 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
My favorite local track. It is a blast to run on the little 250.

Turn 13 is tricky (technically turn 5 when you run CW). You brake before you reach the crest of the hill, then dip in to a right handed turn. I almost ran off the track my first time out there. lol

MSR Houston:

1tlP1NoKS_E

Post up your local tracks!

Here is another somewhat local track:

Texas World Speedway:

thhBTEZCKFU

GrandSport Speedway:

-TuLMq-5p8c

Alex
April 3rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
Here's the track that I spend the most time at, Thunderhill up in Willows, CA:

In this vid I'm following a friend around. He's a much faster rider (AFM racer) on a much slower bike, so he was kind enough to show me some lines on his SV; I'm on a 10R:
8KeB8N6RfrI

Here's another session that day:
Zf_0BCD6VRs

Some gotcha turns at this track, including 5 which takes you up and over a hill before quickly dropping to an offcamber right, and 9, which takes you over a blind left-hand rise while the bike is completely unweighted.

paterick4o8
April 3rd, 2009, 01:17 AM
cool vids. can't wait until I finally do a track day :)

Spork
July 30th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Hey... i dont know where the closest track to me is... where would i find out?

Snake
July 31st, 2009, 09:51 AM
You can find tracks at this link from Roadracing World magazine.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/resources/tracks/

MKlein3004
August 11th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Texas World Speedway used to me about 5 minutes away from me, couldn't ever go cause im was a poor college student. Cant go to any in Dallas now cause i am a poor college grad but brings me back to my roots when i see things like that posted.

sketch
August 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM
My favorite local track. It is a blast to run on the little 250.

Turn 13 is tricky (technically turn 5 when you run CW). You brake before you reach the crest of the hill, then dip in to a right handed turn. I almost ran off the track my first time out there. lol

MSR Houston:
[/youtube]

Awesome video, Apex! Can't wait until I can handle a bike well enough to go to a track day. Looks like a lot of fun. Will definitely have to check out MSR when I get the chance.

Broom
August 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Texas World Speedway used to me about 5 minutes away from me, couldn't ever go cause im was a poor college student. Cant go to any in Dallas now cause i am a poor college grad but brings me back to my roots when i see things like that posted.

once you get your finances sorted out you'll have plenty of tracks to choose from.

within a 4 hours of DFW we have:
MotorSports Ranch Cresson: 2 tracks, one can be run backwards (which basically makes it 2 tracks -- 3 total)
Oak Hill Raceway
Hallett: can be run backwards
Eagles Canyon Raceway
Texas World Speedway
MotorSports Ranch Houston
Harris Hill
Kart Track in Denton: for minis
Kart Track in Houston: for minis

i feel very fortunate to have so many tracks nearby to ride on and keep me broke. :D

Broom
August 11th, 2009, 02:57 PM
couple of my fav tracks:

me at Oakhill raceway in east texas:

me being followed at motorsprots ranch cresson

and danny eslick throwing it down at my favorite: hallett counter clockwise
dLiFqjP2Hl8

MKlein3004
August 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks Broom, i would actually love to see your race bike but you always seem to be busy or you have on the track, maybe one of these days.

MKlein3004
August 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/TX/#ActiveRC

A good link for texas peeps to see where a local track is

MKlein3004
August 24th, 2009, 02:28 PM
i actually should be moving back to College Station for a job supervisor job at a local processing plant. Texas World Speedway might be one of my stops here soon since its right there, and with the extra money fromt he actually career job, so track days may be sooner than i thought

Broom
August 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM
thats one of the only tracks in the area i haven't been on yet. been there lots of times, but haven't done any laps yet. slated to do my first race there at the end of this season.

MKlein3004
August 24th, 2009, 02:41 PM
i have not visited it yet, just drove by it, what are the conditions of the track and is there alot of patch marks or what? What difficulty level would you say the track is for those who have been there.

Broom
August 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
a lot of people really like TWS. i think its probalby a bit faster than a lot of the other tracks. more sweeping type turns with a few technical spots.

its going to have a lot of patches and different pavement types. if Keith (road&track) see's this post i'm sure he can chime in with more info.

MKlein3004
August 24th, 2009, 02:48 PM
cool cool, i was really looking to go more towards the end of the year or beginning of next year anyway, mainly because of moving and settling back in college station. New job and everything and need to save some money up and get ready for it anyways, but let me know the weekend you go down and i might head out there and see.