View Full Version : fi light

reabo
January 17th, 2014, 03:24 AM
This morning when i started my bike the FI light came on and the engine cut out. Got really worried.

So I tried to start it up again and it didn't start.

Tried to google problems and nothing. 5 mins later I tried to start it again and its totoally fine. Rode to work and no problems.

Should I be worried?
What would cause this?

Hope this isn't a bigger problem that i think it is :(

Motofool
January 17th, 2014, 05:21 AM
I have no idea, but let's call choneofakind

choneofakind
January 17th, 2014, 05:46 AM
No idea.

reabo
January 17th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Say the bike wouldnt start again and the fi light went on. Would would that problem be?

dooby
January 17th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Hi,

when I had an issue with my FI light staying on, I found this post very helpful:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/113593-green-ninja-250r-definitely-7.html#post2825387

1. Remove the pillion seat.
2. Look on the right side of the subframe - you'll find a lone wire that seems to have been forgotten because it's connected only at one end.
3. Turn your ignition key to the 'on' position and wait until everything settles.
4. Push the plastic sheath on the free end of the wire you just found back and ground the metal end on the chassis.
5. Watch the FI light - if it stays constantly on, you haven't grounded the wire properly. Try again, either with a firmer hand or on a different part of the chassis.
6. Once you get it right, the FI light will go off momentarily and then start flashing. There are long flashes and short flashes, separated by a second of the FI light staying off. Make sure you've got the entire sequence before you remove the wire from its grounding. Do this at least two times so that you've got the number of flashes right.
7. Look up the error codes from the list below and take appropriate action.

• 1 long/ 1 short: Main throttle sensor malfunction/wiring open or short
• 1 long/2 short: Inlet air pressure sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 1 long/ 3 short: Inlet air temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 1 long/ 4 short: Water temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 2 long / 1 short: Crankshaft sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 2 long/ 4 short alternated with 2 long/ 5 short: Speed sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 3 long/ 1 short: Vehicle down sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 3 long / 2 short: Sub throttle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 3 long/ 3 short: Oxygen sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
• 5 long / 1 short: Stick coil #1 malfunction, wiring open or short
• 5 long/ 2 short: Stick coil #2 malfunction, wiring open or short
• 5 long/ 6 short: Radiator fan relay malfunction, wiring open or short
• 6 long/ 2 short: Sub throttle valve actuator malfunction, wiring open or short
• 6 long/ 4 short: Air switching valve malfunction, wiring open or short
• 6 long/ 7 short: Oxygen sensor heater malfunction, wiring open or short
• 9 long/ 4 short: Oxygen sensor malfunction, wiring open or short

In my case, I was getting 1 long flash then 2 short. I'd recently done a valve adjustment and had forgotten to reconnect a vacuum hose. Once I reattached it the light stayed off.

HTH, Pete

csmith12
January 17th, 2014, 07:09 AM
That's quality info right there.