View Full Version : I'm broke down in the middle of nowhere...

Floki
January 19th, 2014, 01:28 PM
So I've done my valve job, synced the carbs, and I was having an idle issue.
It would idle around 1000 rpm or really badly when cold.
Now I'm driving on the interstate at 70MPH and I hear a clicking noise. Pull over at the next exit and it sounds like it is coming from the camshaft area. Now I have a loss of power and it feels finnicky. Should I call insurance and get a tow??
I'm about 30 miles from home

csmith12
January 19th, 2014, 01:32 PM
yep, i would call em

check oil :(
check the cam chain tensioner

Floki
January 19th, 2014, 02:21 PM
yep, i would call em

check oil :(
check the cam chain tensioner

I used moly grease to hold the shims in place in the bucket, could they fall off?
My exhaust sounds really strange. I had to use new shims on te two exhaust valves for cylinder two.

Motofool
January 19th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I used moly grease to hold the shims in place in the bucket, could they fall off?
My exhaust sounds really strange. I had to use new shims on te two exhaust valves for cylinder two.

You did OK.

Have you been helped so far?

mgentz
January 19th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Worse case your cam timing is off and a valve is no longer seated correctly. :D:

Floki
January 19th, 2014, 08:44 PM
I did okay. I was two hours late for work and smelly but everything is okay. I'm worried about my bike though. I left it parked hidden behind the repair shop where it will stay until Tuesday.

CC Cowboy
January 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I did okay. I was two hours late for work and smelly but everything is okay. I'm worried about my bike though. I left it parked hidden behind the repair shop where it will stay until Tuesday.

What repair shop was that again?

PartsNinja
January 22nd, 2014, 08:44 PM
:grouphug:What repair shop was that again?

Floki
January 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Friendly Powersports in Slidell, LA. Great shop.
PartsNinja I have a stock tail light and I stay in Hammond if you want it

PartsNinja
January 23rd, 2014, 08:46 AM
Friendly Powersports in Slidell, LA. Great shop.
PartsNinja I have a stock tail light and I stay in Hammond if you want it

If that stay is in good condition, I definitely will take it off of your hands, but Im not about to drive to Hammond for it, would you be willing to throw it in a box? Ill pay for shipping and your time to box it up.