View Full Version : Loose Gauge Cluster?

jonb08
April 4th, 2009, 03:24 PM
The other day I was riding home and I noticed that my gauge cluster was moving around allot. When I got home, I looked at it and saw that the gauge cluster is attached on the left side but not the right side. Is there a mounting point on the right side or middle for our gauge cluster and maybe it was shaken loose?

DAMNIT I PUT THIS IN THE 08 Farkles!!!!!

Alex
April 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM
thread moved to tech...

komohana
April 4th, 2009, 06:37 PM
The other day I was riding home and I noticed that my gauge cluster was moving around allot. When I got home, I looked at it and saw that the gauge cluster is attached on the left side but not the right side. Is there a mounting point on the right side or middle for our gauge cluster and maybe it was shaken loose?

DAMNIT I PUT THIS IN THE 08 Farkles!!!!!

i have an '03, and in the manual there's two mounting nuts on the top and bottom left side, and one on the middle, right side. (looking at the inst. cluster from the seat) the upper fairing, headlight and speedo cable need to be removed.
then there's 4 cover mounting screws holding the cover (that black part of the cluster) to the rest of the assembly.

jonb08
April 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Alex, thanks for moving the thread. My mistake.

i have an '03, and in the manual there's two mounting nuts on the top and bottom left side, and one on the middle, right side. (looking at the inst. cluster from the seat) the upper fairing, headlight and speedo cable need to be removed.
then there's 4 cover mounting screws holding the cover (that black part of the cluster) to the rest of the assembly.

Greeeat. So it did shake loose. That thing is really shaking around there. It makes the bike look like a Harley with all that vibration. It'll be my first time taking off the front fairing... Thanks Komo!!

sometimesido
April 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I didn't check as well as Steve, but I grabbed the cluster and try to shake it.
Nooo. Very sturdy and hardly any movement.
Also tried to find a diagram at ron ayer's and could not find it.

komohana
April 7th, 2009, 03:01 AM
hey jon you're welcome. iffn you've started in already, am sure ya found out that yer mirrors gotta come off as well to get that top fairing off if its anything like the '03.

chris, i tried to attach a picture out of the manual i have (pdf) and for the life of me couldnt do it cuz i kept getting the it's too big :rolleyes: warning..

lemme know how goes!

sometimesido
April 7th, 2009, 09:19 AM
hmm

sometimesido
April 7th, 2009, 09:26 AM
here you go!

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9190/gaugeremoval.jpg

komohana
April 13th, 2009, 10:40 PM
THATS the guy!!

been M.I.A. ...glad to see you were able to post it.

sometimes you do..and sometimes you REALLY do! :)