View Full Version : Bargain topcase

Kevin1956
February 3rd, 2014, 06:41 AM
Great buy from Twisted Throttle! Coocase S28 Vivo basic. It's on close out, marked down to $34.69! I just put one on my 2012, mounted on an Alu-rack. I love it. Fit's my Lg Shoei Qwest helmet. I opted for the adaptor plate specifically made for the rack, an additional $39.99. I didn't use the universal mount that comes with the case, but it would have worked just as well.

sharky nrk
February 3rd, 2014, 07:05 AM
Got any pics of the install on your bike?

accumack
February 3rd, 2014, 08:56 AM
what alu-rack fits the ninja?

dooby
February 3rd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Hiya,

my email receipt for my item says this:

Description:SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack - Kawasaki Ninja 250 08-up, Item no:TTLGPT-08-820-10000-B-ATT
Unit price:144.99 USD

HTH, Pete

Kevin1956
February 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Got any pics of the install on your bike?

Pics to follow in a couple of days Sharky.

Kevin1956
February 3rd, 2014, 07:15 PM
what alu-rack fits the ninja?

Accumack, here's the link: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-alu-rack-toprack-kawasaki-ninja-250-08 It's an easy install. The rack is small, but perfect for a topcase. An elargement plate that attaches to the rack specifically made to hold soft luggage is also available through Twisted Throttle.

Kevin1956
February 5th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Ready to do some traveling! My next project is to mount a pair of Pelican Storm IM2100 cases as saddlebags. These are quite a bit smaller than those you'll see on adventure bikes, about 25 liters combined capacity. I have a pretty good idea on how to build a slick mounting system which will allow the cases to be easily removeable, yet will lock to the bike. The IM2100 cases are more in proportion to the bike than their other models. The smaller size will make them less likely to be affected by exhaust heat too. I'll make a heat shield for the right side case if neccessary.

Klondike1020
February 5th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Well that looks good . I want one now :/

sharky nrk
February 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Wow that does look great!!!!

sharky nrk
February 10th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Wonder if you could fab that plate to mount on a spare rear seat or something. a $144 rack kinda kills the budget lol, although your setup looks awesome and secure

Kevin1956
February 10th, 2014, 07:03 AM
The rack is now $169.99 Sharky, and is well worth it, as I can still carry a pasenger and gear. The rack will also be instrumental in mounting a pair of small IM2100 Pelican cases as saddlebags since the bike's frame is covered with the body panels. I've designed a slick set-up to attach them. They'll be removeable, yet lock to the bike. Now I have to save up some bucks to purchase them, and fabricate the mounts.

sharky nrk
February 10th, 2014, 07:55 AM
^^ I bet, just I doubt I will be running hardcases and do not carry a passenger on the ninjette so gotta find a bit cheaper setup for mounting the case lol

Numbersix
February 25th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I have the AluRack and the 37l Coocase (with lights).

Very worth the time, as it's very stable, provides some more visibility (higher brakelights) and locking storage cannot be overrated.

headshrink
March 9th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I have the AluRack and the 37l Coocase (with lights).

Very worth the time, as it's very stable, provides some more visibility (higher brakelights) and locking storage cannot be overrated.

Me too. Agreed.

"A"
June 6th, 2015, 09:22 PM
I have used milk crate as top box for my rides, carried over 40+ lb. of books/clothes/tools, etc.. non-skid pad & bungee cords are plenty secure for my daily commute.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx55/tcphoto2010/Ninja%20250/IMG_2845.jpg

http://www.svrider.com/forum/gallery/data/500/IMG_3233.jpg

asdfman
August 3rd, 2015, 01:40 AM
I have used milk crate as top box for my rides, carried over 40+ lb. of books/clothes/tools, etc.. non-skid pad & bungee cords are plenty secure for my daily commute.

Old-ish topic, but I'm interested in doing the milk crate thing too with my new-gen Ninja, which doesn't have mounting points right underneath the seat like your older Ninja does. How do you secure the back of the crate on your SV? Also, is that white bungee cable that's attached to your passenger pegs bracket one cable or two cables?

"A"
August 3rd, 2015, 04:37 AM
I put a ($1.00) carpet non-skid pad from the dollar store between the milk crate and passenger seat, single bungee between the passenger pegs, another bungee looped around the passenger handle to the rear of the milk crate.

Good thing about the milk crate is there are lots of holes to loop the bungee through, spread some space between the looping to achieve stability from side to side of attachment points. Easily mounted securely among different vehicles.

asdfman
August 3rd, 2015, 12:11 PM
I put a ($1.00) carpet non-skid pad from the dollar store between the milk crate and passenger seat, single bungee between the passenger pegs, another bungee looped around the passenger handle to the rear of the milk crate.

Good thing about the milk crate is there are lots of holes to loop the bungee through, spread some space between the looping to achieve stability from side to side of attachment points. Easily mounted securely among different vehicles.

Awesome, I'll give it a shot. Didn't think of getting a non-skid pad to help with it. Thanks!

"A"
August 3rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Non-skid pad works well, the heavier the load you have in the milk crate, the better it grips onto the passenger seat.. at $1.00, you can't really go wrong.