View Full Version : Clip-ons question

g33k88
February 3rd, 2014, 08:31 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a quick search and couldn't find a definitive answer. I am going to be ordering a pair of clip-ons this month and was trying to decide between the woodcraft set with risers or dropping the triple clamp down slightly and going with the vortex pair. My question is about clearance on stock fairings with the 7 degree vortex set, are there any issues or do they clear okay? Thanks for the help and sorry if I just failz at searching :D

g33k88
February 4th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Bump :thumbup: has anyone used the 7° vortex bars?

csmith12
February 4th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Sorry, not me. Interested though.

accumack
February 4th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I just bought Driven clip ons from motomummy.com for $135 and will install them tomorrow. They are adjustable up to 10 degrees thats why I bought them over the woodcraft. I'll post after the install.

g33k88
February 4th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I just bought Driven clip ons from motomummy.com for $135 and will install them tomorrow. They are adjustable up to 10 degrees thats why I bought them over the woodcraft. I'll post after the install.

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Aodrn
February 4th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I am curious about this also. I have the risers and I still barely clear my hotbodies fairing. I heard rumors of using regular clip ons with fairing modification, but I have yet to see it. I wouldnt mind a slightly lower position. If I am taking a corner just right, I feel like the bar is in the way of my face.

JohnnyBravo
February 4th, 2014, 08:20 PM
:popcorn: I like clip on threads

g33k88
February 4th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Going to wait for accumack to post how his install went but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the driven pair. Gives you the option of angling the bars without having to mount standard clip-ons on top of the triple tree. :thumbup:

g33k88
February 8th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Just incase anyone else is looking for a pair of clip-ons, motomummy.com has the driven pair for $135 and free shipping.

accumack
February 13th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Finally got to install my Driven clip-ons today took about an hour no problems. Took it for about a 5 minute ride they feel awesome. FYI apparently there are 2 flavors of driven clip-ons for our bikes. One is adjustable from 0 degrees up to 10 degrees and one 0 degrees or 10 degrees( the ones I got). So if you are looking for adjustability make sure the ones you are ordering are the adjustable ones.

g33k88
February 13th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Finally got to install my Driven clip-ons today took about an hour no problems. Took it for about a 5 minute ride they feel awesome. FYI apparently there are 2 flavors of driven clip-ons for our bikes. One is adjustable from 0 degrees up to 10 degrees and one 0 degrees or 10 degrees( the ones I got). So if you are looking for adjustability make sure the ones you are ordering are the adjustable ones.

Yeah I ordered the same ones that you did from motomummy.com. Have you tried them at 10 degrees yet?

accumack
February 13th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah I ordered the same ones that you did from motomummy.com. Have you tried them at 10 degrees yet?

No it will probably in a couple of weeks as our house is finally almost finished and I have a number of projects to do.

g33k88
February 13th, 2014, 07:14 PM
No it will probably in a couple of weeks as our house is finally almost finished and I have a number of projects to do.

Okay, well if I get mine installed before then I'll post back and let you know. Should be here in a week or so.