View Full Version : My 250r can't pass 160km/j

Ntotot
April 5th, 2009, 03:01 AM
My Ninja 250r is now 11,xxxkm.

I tried to give her full throttle on the highway at ++13,000 RPM, but she doesn't wanna go pass above 160km/j. Do have any idea what went wrong?

It's like having a Cut Off or something.

I had her last service (4th service) at 10,450km last 4 weeks ago. I had change the spark plugs, new air filter, new Motul fully synth oil... basically a full service on that bike.

The 2nd & 3rd service was done on oil change only and changed the squeaking forks.

Btw, she won't go beyond 160km/j since after her 1st service (1000km).

Locksmiff
April 5th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Its normal. It goes like a scoulded cat to 160 then runs out of legs there after. I have pushed mine to a speedo reading of 170Btw, she won't go beyond 160km/j since after her 1st service (1000km).What did you get it to before the first service.

sm0kediver
April 5th, 2009, 05:02 AM
That's fast enough :eek:

islanderman7
April 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM
What does the j stand for? I thought it was km/h .

kkim
April 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
regear it if you want to go faster... better get some engine mods to push it, though. :D

BlueRaven
April 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I thought that they were only supposed to go 160 km/h max.

kkim
April 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
the engines are rpm limited, not speed limited.

azia
April 6th, 2009, 09:34 AM
If you want it to go that fast, how about getting a bigger bike? :D

It's like buying a small bag and wondering why it doesn't hold more. Lol!

sm0kediver
April 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM
+1 :thumbup:

Ntotot
April 7th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Just logged in today.

Its normal. It goes like a scoulded cat to 160 then runs out of legs there after. I have pushed mine to a speedo reading of 170What did you get it to before the first service.

about 140-150 km/h

What does the j stand for? I thought it was km/h .
sorry. my bad. km/j.. the j stands for 'jam' [jay-ay-em or like saying 'jump'/'jum'] in malay or hour in english. (now you learn a word in malay :thumbup:) :)

If you want it to go that fast, how about getting a bigger bike?
It's like buying a small bag and wondering why it doesn't hold more. Lol!
:p well yeah.. sometimesss I wanna push her to the limit... :p

thanks every one for the responds. today (in my place) is rainy.. I almost fall down kiss the tarmac due to the slippery road marking thermoplastics. Luckily I manage to reflex and saves me from hitting the tarmac. wheeew..:cool:

miks
April 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM
lol, "kiss the tarmac". The fastest 250r goes 18x km/h I think .. So you're not that off.

almost40
April 12th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Well ntotot sounds like you got a dog for a bike. Isnt FI wonderful? Hope they come out with a power commander because all the mods in the world wont help without more fuel. I have no problem getting my bike to over 170Kmh. (real speed not indicated) Are you a big heavy guy? What gear do you wear? weight and aerodynamics play a huge role in top speed.

Ntotot
April 19th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Well ntotot sounds like you got a dog for a bike. Isnt FI wonderful? Hope they come out with a power commander because all the mods in the world wont help without more fuel. I have no problem getting my bike to over 170Kmh. (real speed not indicated) Are you a big heavy guy? What gear do you wear? weight and aerodynamics play a huge role in top speed.

Well, I just wear typical riding gear, flip-up helmet, a cordura jacket and a pair of riding boots. I have to admit that I DID gained weight several kilos. :o well hehe... from 70kg to 80kg..(Damnn!!!) so, I blew the BMI (Body Mass Index)..uhuhuhu :hitself:

capt_bugaloo
April 19th, 2009, 09:47 PM
You might want to take a look at this article:
http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/features/200806ninja.pdf

According to the guys at this respected moto mag, their stock 250r had an actual top speed of 95.5 mph. The speedometer of the 250r is out by a good 10%; in the article they mention that when it indicated 65 MPH they were actually doing 59 MPH...

gizmogamez
April 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
I've never been able to get mine much faster...162km/h is it's max....maybe if I was 120lbs instead of 160 it would go faster? but i doubt much....

hzrnbgy
April 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
i did 130 kph on the freeway once (mid noon, minimum traffic, smooth ashpalt pavement) and i got slapped with a $157 fine

i live in hawaii by the way...

:)

wayanlam
April 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
aww... i expected the 250r to be able to reach something closer to the 200Km/h mark, well at least 180~190...

i just recently sold my 150cc 2 stroke ninja, and for top speed, that actually beats the 250r... ive managed to get to 187 Km/h, but had to slow down cos i ran out of road... another person i met at the mechanic said he managed to reach 195 km/h before having to slow down for a red light.

however i did not sell my 150 ninja, to buy the 250 thinking i could go faster, but more for the comfort factor. servicing and keeping the 2 stroke engine in top shape was a bit of a hassle as well, and it only had a kick starter, which i got tired using, he he...

the riding position of the 150 ninja is more sporty, with lower handles, which wasn't great for longer rides. then the buzzing of the 2 stroke engine isn't that pleasing to hear either...

however i will probably miss having the insane power of a well tuned 2 stroke engine :( but will enjoy the more linear power band. on top of it i really shouldnt be driving faster than 160 Km/h on these roads... lol

too bad the Kawi comunity here in Bali (Indonesia) is not as big as in america, tuning and modding knowledge as well as the parts needed are going to be hard to come by over here. im planning on getting the complete set of tools and maybe ask one of the kawe mechanics to teach me how to work the 250r once i get it in about a month. at that point ill really start reading up the threads about all the DIY's.

eventually ill have to invest into a full yoshi exhaust or something similar, and work on the jetting, which apparently should improve the power. but i wonder if that gives the bike a better acceleration/pickup? but does it help on the top speed as well?

almost40
April 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes more horsepower = better acceleration and more top speed depending on gearing.