View Full Version : LeoVince GP Corsa Slip-On?

Han Solo 1
February 5th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'm looking at getting a slip-on for my Ninja 250, strictly for sound and looks. I won't try and justify it by saying it's safer, blah blah blah. Just want my bike to sound like something meaner than a lawnmower.

I also know that a full exhaust is a better buy, but honestly I just can't afford it. I don't mind the power range of the bike as is, I'm not looking for more oomph, so I'm pretty much set on just getting a can on there. I do have more money in my budget, but I also need new tires and I want a nice paint job, so it's just the can for me.

I'm looking at this LeoVince model (http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/productdetail-new.php?quantity=1&RecordNum=20264&Subline=GP%20CORSA&Make=KAWASAKI&Model=NINJA%20250%20R&CC=250&Year=2008&Image=FD-3463-1.jpg&Type=SLIP-ON&SoundRating=&Description=GP%20CORSA%20RACING%20CARBON&PartNum=3463&RetailPrice=239&Notes1=&shipping=) but I'm not sure how good it is.

Anyone have any experience with it? Can anyone give any tips on how it sounds, ease of installation, etc?

I don't like looking at youtube videos on exhausts because the sound isn't really accurately recorded.

g33k88
February 5th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I love my carbon fiber corsa. It took all of 15 minutes to install as well. The sound at idle is better with the baffle out but beyond that I find it annoying, with the baffle in its just about perfect and IMO sounds much better than the stock exhaust. Plus you cant really beat the price for these things :thumbup:

Han Solo 1
February 5th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I love my carbon fiber corsa. It took all of 15 minutes to install as well. The sound at idle is better with the baffle out but beyond that I find it annoying, with the baffle in its just about perfect and IMO sounds much better than the stock exhaust. Plus you cant really beat the price for these things :thumbup:

Awesome, thanks! Does it have a good deep rumble, or is it kind of whiny?

g33k88
February 5th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Awesome, thanks! Does it have a good deep rumble, or is it kind of whiny?

Deep rumble, especially with the baffle out. It really does sound similar to a 250 motoGP bike, or at least that's the best I can describe it without recording it. Don't listen to the clips on youtube, this exhaust sounds very different when under load instead of revving in a parking lot.

Han Solo 1
February 5th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Deep rumble, especially with the baffle out. It really does sound similar to a 250 motoGP bike, or at least that's the best I can describe it without recording it. Don't listen to the clips on youtube, this exhaust sounds very different when under load instead of revving in a parking lot.

Great, thanks! It's either this one or the 2 Bro's one for me.

Rogue
February 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
That's the exact one I have on my 300 and I run it without the baffle. I love the deep rumble that it produces far better than I ever liked the annoying, angry bee sound of the stock exhaust.

As was already stated, it's about a 15-20 minute installation. Try it, I don't think you'll be at all disappointed.

Han Solo 1
February 5th, 2014, 12:21 PM
That's the exact one I have on my 300 and I run it without the baffle. I love the deep rumble that it produces far better than I ever liked the annoying, angry bee sound of the stock exhaust.

As was already stated, it's about a 15-20 minute installation. Try it, I don't think you'll be at all disappointed.

Yep, I think I'm going to try it.

You run it without a baffle? Does it get too annoying while riding, is it too loud for you or embarrassing/offensive to others around you?

Rogue
February 5th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Yep, I think I'm going to try it.

You run it without a baffle? Does it get too annoying while riding, is it too loud for you or embarrassing/offensive to others around you?

I do run it without the baffle. No, it doesn't get too loud or embarrassing/offensive when I ride. Granted I don't sit at traffic lights revving the crap out of it; I think if I did that, then I would probably get some dirty looks. Also, I live in a townhouse development with a fairly snotty HOA, so I'm sure I would know if any of the neighbors were unhappy with the sound, especially since none of them ride. :)

Han Solo 1
February 5th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I do run it without the baffle. No, it doesn't get too loud or embarrassing/offensive when I ride. Granted I don't sit at traffic lights revving the crap out of it; I think if I did that, then I would probably get some dirty looks. Also, I live in a townhouse development with a fairly snotty HOA, so I'm sure I would know if any of the neighbors were unhappy with the sound, especially since none of them ride. :)

Hmm, interesting. I think I might do it. Does the kit come with a baffle and it's just optional? Or would you have to purchase it separately if you decided to install it?

Rogue
February 5th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Hmm, interesting. I think I might do it. Does the kit come with a baffle and it's just optional? Or would you have to purchase it separately if you decided to install it?

It comes with the baffle installed and then you can remove it. It's just held in via 1 screw on the tip of the pipe.

Rogue
February 5th, 2014, 01:34 PM
What I did was install the pipe. Start the bike to listen to it. Let the pipe cool down for a couple of minutes. Removed the baffle, and then started the bike again so I could the hear difference. I decided I liked it better without, so I left it out. If you decide you like it better with, then simply let the pipe cool down and then put the baffle back in.

I think I tossed my baffle in the box with my stock exhaust and put it in storage with my other "spare" parts.

Han Solo 1
February 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Ok, that's it. I said I wouldn't look at youtube, but I did. Even on that it sounds awesome.

I'm doing it.

Thanks, guys, for the info!

Han Solo 1
February 5th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Just ordered from Amazon. With a gift card I had on file, it came out to less than $150!

Expected delivery is middle of next week.

Can't wait!!!

g33k88
February 5th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Just ordered from Amazon. With a gift card I had on file, it came out to less than $150!

Can't wait!!!

:werd:

Rogue
February 5th, 2014, 08:57 PM
:woot2:Just ordered from Amazon. With a gift card I had on file, it came out to less than $150!

Can't wait!!!

:woot2: Can't wait to hear how you like it.

broilmebk
February 7th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Mannn. Now I want a new slipon.

Han Solo 1
February 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Tracking info says I'm getting it delivered next Friday. That will be a nice weekend. I think I'm getting my tires installed the same weekend. Going with Diablo Rosso II's. Have heard nothing but great things about them so far.