View Full Version : New Here

flitecontrol
February 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Recently picked up three Ninjas, an 89, 2003, and 2006 for $800. Also have several Honda Rebel 250s and a couple of Kawasaki Vulcan 750s, for a total of nine bikes. The barn is getting full, and I need to sell or part out several of these.

Only the 2003 Ninja runs, but it doesn't have a title. So it looks like I will be moving the engine and fairings to the titled 2006. Just got a Ninja service manual, so that will be a big help. Will be checking out the forum and trying to discover if there are any quirks particular to these bikes.

One thing I've heard is that these bikes are prone to breaking down, which surprises me. Any truth to that statement? In my experience, with routine maintenance, most motorcycles are pretty reliable.

DEFY
February 10th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Welcome!!!

Klondike1020
February 10th, 2014, 10:57 AM
One thing I've heard is that these bikes are prone to breaking down, which surprises me. Any truth to that statement? In my experience, with routine maintenance, most motorcycles are pretty reliable.

HAHA you sound like somone I can relate too! junk collecting odd projects then parting flipping and building them.... riding them for fun until teh next project comes along.

Who ever told you ninja 250s are prone to breaking down/ knows nothing about them. They are highly reliable low maintenance bikes. Unfortunately because they are not treasured possessions --- not showy, cool or expensive... people seem to abuse them and wreck them a lot.

Keep good fuel, oil changes and a good battery and you will have little to now problems.

Enjoy the forums... these guys can help you trouble shoot anything!
I am here to offer incoherent dialogue!

Welcome

And post some pictures ! I like parts bikes!!!

you should build a track bike !

flitecontrol
February 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

For me, it seems like it's always easier to get a new project than it is to fix up the ones I have! But when it warms up, I hope to get some of the non-runners in the inventory going, or part them out and make room for the next acquisition.

The most I ever paid for a used motorcycle is $1,300, and that was a bike I bought to resell. But just because I didn't pay a whole lot doesn't mean I don't think my bikes are valuable.

I'm technologically challenged, so it may be a while before there are any pics.

allanoue
February 10th, 2014, 12:56 PM
http://mcneillelementarypto.digitalpto.com/files/2013/10/welcome_hey.jpg Lee

KJohnson21
February 10th, 2014, 10:39 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

Snake
February 14th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Hello and welcome.

csmith12
February 14th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Welcome!

Keep the carbs clean and the oil changed and she will serve you well for many many miles.

flitecontrol
February 15th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Sounds like very good advice. I'm kinda fanatical about keeping fresh oil in engines. Haven't messed with the Ninja carbs yet, but invested in a sonic cleaner a while back to clean carbs. The Rebels I buy tend to have sat with gas in them, and it can take several soakings to get them clean. 45 minutes in the sonic cleaner with Chem Dip and they're spotless!

Motofool
February 15th, 2014, 10:23 AM
...........One thing I've heard is that these bikes are prone to breaking down, which surprises me. Any truth to that statement? In my experience, with routine maintenance, most motorcycles are pretty reliable.

What you have heard is incorrect, what your experience tells you is correct.

Welcome to Ninjette.org !!! :grouphug: