View Full Version : Easy no tool Rattling Clutch lever or short fingers fix

redsnapper
February 13th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Hi Everybody! ;)

Here's an easy fix for rattling clutch lever, and will help a tiny bit if you have short fingers.

What you need:
1 M5 size Lock nut with nylon/rubber in the thread
2 Rubber cement

Steps.
1. Put a tiny amount of rubber cement on the top of the nut, I use this to prevent the clutch banging against it. Let it dry. (Optional) I tried it with out rubber cement and it didn't make the lever noisy.

2. Once the Nut is dry. Pull in Clutch lever with your hand, and place the nut on the switch.
It does not need to be screwed in or feel tight. It should slide in very lightly, it should feel like sliding a cap on a pen.

Notes:
#1 I have a Ninja 250r 2009 model, may work with other models too.
#2 Works for OEM and after market levers (I am using the2wheels stuff)
#3 Makes sure your clutch safety switch still works
#4 Adjust your clutch cable, and test at a very slow speed to make sure it's working 100%
#5 Lock nuts come in different heights, so if it's too tall. it will cause your clutch safety switch to not work.
#6 My pictures are pretty bad, I had to pull the clutch in to take the picture, it's not a very good example how much shorter the clutch gets.
#7 For XS size glove hands, it doesn't help too much.

Please post comments or suggestions on how to improve this mod.

Han Solo 1
February 13th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I don't have a rattling lever, but I would like it to be closer to the handlebar (less of a reach) in its default position. Does this do that?

redsnapper
February 13th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Yes, it would help less of a reach.

I am a size XS gloves size it barely helped me. S-M size riders. It would be more useful :bounce:

redsnapper
February 13th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I updated my instructions.

It's a M5 nut.