View Full Version : Stock Exhaust modifying ?

DuplexUno
February 18th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I would like to have a nive sounding mufler but i dot have the money to do so.. Is it a good idea just to remove the baffel of the stock exhaust or how will that affect the pressure in the exhaust ?

csmith12
February 18th, 2014, 11:21 AM
You can do that if you want, might want to think about shimming the needles along with that mod.

DuplexUno
February 18th, 2014, 11:24 AM
What do you mean ?

DuplexUno
February 18th, 2014, 10:53 PM
You can do that if you want, might want to think about shimming the needles along with that mod.

Can you fit any exhaust to this bike or does it have to be made exactly for kawasaki ?

alex.s
February 19th, 2014, 12:48 AM
chainsaw makes a nice pattern on sheet metal

csmith12
February 19th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Can you fit any exhaust to this bike or does it have to be made exactly for kawasaki ?

If you can make it fit, it doesn't have to be made for kawi. Some have put homemade pipes on, other went the gxrs route. If it down't leak, your good.

Shimming the carb needles DIY can be found in the sticky threads of the tech sections for each respective generation. Poke around in there, if you can't find it, I will post the link.

HKr1
February 19th, 2014, 06:04 AM
I would like to have a nive sounding mufler but i dot have the money to do so.. Is it a good idea just to remove the baffel of the stock exhaust or how will that affect the pressure in the exhaust ?

Theres 3 chambers inside the muffler. (exhuast goes from the front- to the back- to the middle - then out). You have to cut around the back side of the muffler 1/4" in, then the baffle will slide out. Get some 1 1/2" perf tubing for a new baffle, and add some packing. Come's out real nice! Should be some old threads here on it.....

I would re-jet bike even if you dont change exhuast.

DuplexUno
February 22nd, 2014, 02:06 PM
If you can make it fit, it doesn't have to be made for kawi. Some have put homemade pipes on, other went the gxrs route. If it down't leak, your good.

Shimming the carb needles DIY can be found in the sticky threads of the tech sections for each respective generation. Poke around in there, if you can't find it, I will post the link.

Can you please post a link

DuplexUno
February 22nd, 2014, 02:07 PM
Theres 3 chambers inside the muffler. (exhuast goes from the front- to the back- to the middle - then out). You have to cut around the back side of the muffler 1/4" in, then the baffle will slide out. Get some 1 1/2" perf tubing for a new baffle, and add some packing. Come's out real nice! Should be some old threads here on it.....

I would re-jet bike even if you dont change exhuast.

Thanks for that. What does a jet kit do for the bike ? Sorry im a noob :p

csmith12
February 22nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
Can you please post a link

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9465

and

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11963