View Full Version : 250 New Guy

GONZOtheMAN
February 19th, 2014, 02:53 PM
hows it going everyone.

i'm in the process of aquiring a 2003 250 in blue. it is a gift for my Fiance. it will be our 7th anniversery in April so i'm going to have to fix this thing up before then.

a little info about myself. i've been riding for about 5 years now (24 years old now). i started on a 2010 kawi 650r then picked up an old 1981 honda cx500c and then bought a new 2012 yamaha r6. last season i hit the track for the first time and love it.

now i have a bike for my other half so we can go on road trips and maybe hit the track when she's ready. about 2 years ago i bought a yamaha ttr125 for her to learn on and last spring she took the MSF course with a friend and my father. so pretty soon our friends and familly will all be riding together. life is good.

i'll be hanging out in the clasifieds for the most part to get the parts i need. maybe eventually i'll go back to the classifieds to convert the ninja to a track bike.

thanks everyone! sorry for the long boring post lol. and i'm sorry for my spelling. i'm about to head out of work so i'm rushing.
Nathan

alex.s
February 19th, 2014, 02:54 PM
hi new guy, it's going well thanks for asking. how are you?

csmith12
February 19th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Welcome Nathan!

GONZOtheMAN
February 19th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Alex. I'm doing good. Can't wait to tear it up on the track this season. I'm sure this 250 will help improve my corner speed.

DEFY
February 19th, 2014, 04:24 PM
welcome!!!

Klondike1020
February 19th, 2014, 07:19 PM
haha you have started a good bike collection! keep building lol

KJohnson21
February 19th, 2014, 10:55 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

Motofool
February 22nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
...........a little info about myself. i've been riding for about 5 years now (24 years old now). i started on a 2010 kawi 650r then picked up an old 1981 honda cx500c and then bought a new 2012 yamaha r6. last season i hit the track for the first time and love it.

now i have a bike for my other half so we can go on road trips and maybe hit the track when she's ready. about 2 years ago i bought a yamaha ttr125 for her to learn on and last spring she took the MSF course with a friend and my father. so pretty soon our friends and familly will all be riding together. life is good.

I like you !!! ............ this world urgently needs many more persons like you .............. as it already has too many haters and complainers. :crazyloco:

Welcome to Ninjette.org !!! :grouphug:

GONZOtheMAN
February 23rd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Haha thanks Hernan! Unfortunately the deal fell through. So I'm on the hunt for another ninja. I know she likes the sporty look of the 08+ ninjas so if I fine one I won't mind spending a little more cash. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm hoping to find one before April.

dcj13
February 23rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Welcome, Nathan! Sorry to hear you missed out on the blue '03, because I really enjoy my blue '03.

Snake
February 23rd, 2014, 05:06 PM
Hello and welcome.

GONZOtheMAN
April 21st, 2014, 06:38 AM
alright thread resurection...

this previous weekend was my fiances birthday and i was able to pick a bike up in time for her and surprise her. i have been keeping it at my sister's house to hide it. tonight i'll ride it home.

its a 2009 in blue with 5k miles. i really like it. only issues is the bodywork has cracks/scratches/broken tabs. only thing it needs is front blinkers. nothing big. the shifter is bent in a little. it fires up every time no problem. a little hesitation in the throttle but i think thats just from it sitting for so long. i think once i run some seafome/fresh gas through it and with an oil change it'll be great.

i did notice 2 things. the clutch engages pretty late in the travel. so it only catches maybe in the last 2 cm of the travel. also the shifter feels a little mooshy. i'm just hoping it needs clutch cable adjustment and fresh oil to make the shifting feel more crisp. i'm assuming this is typical for the bike being focused around beginners. when i took the MSF class all the bikes felt like this from being beaten on by noobs hahaha.

GONZOtheMAN
April 21st, 2014, 06:44 AM
haha you have started a good bike collection! keep building lol

I like you !!! ............ this world urgently needs many more persons like you .............. as it already has too many haters and complainers. :crazyloco:

Welcome to Ninjette.org !!! :grouphug:

hey thanks guys. its funny because my friend and i have been hanging at the Harley Davidson dealership 2 weekends in a row test riding a bunch of bikes. next i want to check out the BMW enduro bikes. i dont discriminate bikes. i love them all lol

GONZOtheMAN
April 21st, 2014, 06:45 AM
and here is a picture of the bike...

crazymadbastard
April 21st, 2014, 07:00 AM
Welcome to the board!

Did you get a good deal on that 09?

GONZOtheMAN
April 21st, 2014, 07:49 AM
Welcome to the board!

Did you get a good deal on that 09?

thank you. i believe i did. $1,980. came with a cover and an hjc helmet.

crazymadbastard
April 28th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Did good on that bike!

Klondike1020
May 3rd, 2014, 06:16 PM
hey thanks guys. its funny because my friend and i have been hanging at the Harley Davidson dealership 2 weekends in a row test riding a bunch of bikes. next i want to check out the BMW enduro bikes. i dont discriminate bikes. i love them all lol

Good out look.

My opinion is if it goes I will ride it!

I am looking for an adv bike eventually.