View Full Version : Ninjette.org rally

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I know this site has not been around for very long but I think it would be great to have an annual rally where we all get together, meet face to face, compare rides and party.

We are spread out around the Country so I figure we might split it up into regions such as North, West, South & East.

If you all like the idea then please comment and give any suggestions you may have. I would love to meet as many of you all as I can.

sometimesido
April 7th, 2009, 01:16 PM
yes, yes, yes.

KJohnson21
April 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Sounds good.

sombo
April 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I like that idea as well. Just by looking at the ninjette.org map I think we could split into 2 or 3 spots. One for east coast and west coast for sure, and possibly one in central as well.

Suggested spots might be something like Charlotte for east coast. Possibly in LA for west coast. And if central does one too perhaps someplace like Dallas or Houston.

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I like that idea as well. Just by looking at the ninjette.org map I think we could split into 2 or 3 spots. One for east coast and west coast for sure, and possibly one in central as well.

Suggested spots might be something like Charlotte for east coast. Possibly in LA for west coast. And if central does one too perhaps someplace like Dallas or Houston.

Dallas or Houston for for the central location sounds great.

rceezy
April 7th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Deal's Gap!!! ;)

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I figure that we can tentatively plan it for the 4th of July weekend. Its a three day weekend for me which would give me time to travel and stay the night.

Viper-Byte
April 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM
There are also a large amount of international members such as me!! :p But I don't think there are any active members on here from NZ apart from me...

sm0kediver
April 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I don't think there are any active members on here from NZ apart from me...

It should be pretty easy to organize a NZ rally then :p

Go for a ride, buy yourself a beer, and make pictures of your bike. :thumbup:

kkim
April 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM
how's about we have just one rally in a centralized location?? I think Hawaii would work. :D

sm0kediver
April 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Too expensive to ship bikes. Can we all just ride your bike while we're there?

M-Oorb
April 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Great idea! Lets do it!

sm0kediver
April 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I guess we could all stay at Kelly's too

sm0kediver
April 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Seriously, I'd be in for something in the mountains. Gatlinburg, Asheville... something close to Deal's Gap. Anywhere else for that matter. 4th of July weekend might be tough though. Rooms are hard to come by on holidays.

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Some one mention one rally with a centralized location. Houston or Dallas would be great for that.

OldGuy
April 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Dallas or Houston for for the central location sounds great.

Some one mention one rally with a centralized location. Houston or Dallas would be great for that.

OK Guys get your maps out and take a look. Yes TX is central from an East West stand point but NOT North South. In fact the geographic center (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_Center_of_the_Contiguous_United_States) of the US just happens to be in Lebanon, KS just about 15 miles south of the Nebraska border. And no there isn't enough room at my house but I'll find room :D

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
OK Guys get your maps out and take a look. Yes TX is central from an East West stand point but NOT North South. In fact the geographic center (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_Center_of_the_Contiguous_United_States) of the US just happens to be in Lebanon, KS just about 15 miles south of the Nebraska border. And no there isn't enough room at my house but I'll find room :D

Yea but is there anything to do in Lanon?

Viper-Byte
April 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM
It should be pretty easy to organize a NZ rally then :p

Go for a ride, buy yourself a beer, and make pictures of your bike. :thumbup: Hmm, that I can do... Except I will have to have a non alcoholic drink, if I have even one drink on my learners licence I am over the limit :(

sm0kediver
April 7th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Well then go non-alcoholic. Post some pics when it's all over. Maybe for the second annual NZ rally, you could recruit another rider.

chinasmurf
April 7th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a plan, I'm up

sm0kediver
April 7th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Where ya think Diana?

OldGuy
April 7th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Yea but is there anything to do in Lanon?

Not saying that it needs to be in Lebanon, KS. Could be KC or Lincoln/Omaha area. Just saying these locations (some where in the area) are a lot more "central" than Dallas/Houston.

rceezy
April 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I'll be at Deal's Gap for the R1/R6 convention in June. I'm not sure if I'll be taking my 250 but I'd love to meet some of you if you guys are in that area!

sm0kediver
April 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Somewhere with a good ride would be good. Deals Gap. Neals Gap. Blueridge Parkway. Nantahala Gorge.

Kansas and Texas sound like flat straight roads, but I guess I'd try to go wherever the group agreed on.

OldGuy
April 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Somewhere with a good ride would be good. Deals Gap. Neals Gap. Blueridge Parkway. Nantahala Gorge.

Kansas and Texas sound like flat straight roads, but I guess I'd try to go wherever the group agreed on.

Haven't been there but I'm betting that KC has some hills and twistys

miks
April 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Don't worry David, just swim half way over to Australia and I'll pick you up in a dingy. What are neighbours for? :)

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Not saying that it needs to be in Lebanon, KS. Could be KC or Lincoln/Omaha area. Just saying these locations (some where in the area) are a lot more "central" than Dallas/Houston.

Poinnt well taken.

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM

I agree that as this thread progresses and we get aome more input from various people that we should come up with a list of places in the different regions and let the people in those regions vote as to where to go. Majority rules.

sometimesido
April 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
spring or autumn months would be good.
Also, somewhere one of us has been before so we can organize a ride without getting lost.
camp, motel, or both.
some interesting landmarks.
event organizers
raffle?

just random thoughts.

sombo
April 7th, 2009, 07:04 PM
How about this as an idea? How about we pick several really good spots for both events and riding. Then rotate the location between several choices across the country. This way we give everyone a chance to be at the rally at one point or another and we also get to see different places and share different ride experiences. Just a thought.

Nemy
April 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I'd be up for something like a good ride and a campground. Though 2 spots either east/west or north/south would definitely have to be done...

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, several spots set on different dates sounds good. Some people, depending on their location may be able to attend more than one rally thus meeting more people.

OldGuy
April 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
If we can get an Excel list of users and city/state info from Alex I could geo-code the information on a US Map and then I could try to come up with some locations that would be 250-300 miles from people that we could focus on.

Alex
April 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't the member map work pretty well for this purpose? No matter how we look at the data, it's clear the most central and appropriate location is the SF Bay Area. :D

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 07:52 PM
If we can get an Excel list of users and city/state info from Alex I could geo-code the information on a US Map and then I could try to come up with some locations that would be 250-300 miles from people that we could focus on.

That would be great Don!! I could easily do 300 miles to go see my fellow members.

Alex, can you help us out with this?

sometimesido
April 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Wouldn't the member map work pretty well for this purpose? No matter how we look at the data, it's clear the most central and appropriate location is the SF Bay Area. :D

I would do this one year...I would.

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM

Not every one shows up on the map.

Alex
April 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Rick -

I don't plan to export zip codes to excel and send 'em anywhere. Enough people have chosen to list their locations on the member map that if there are locations that would be better than others; the clusters would already show on that map.

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I would do this one year...I would.

For me that would be around 1,500 miles. A realy realy long trip.

sometimesido
April 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
For me that would be around 1,500 miles. A realy realy long trip.

lol, and even longer for me. ;)

sombo
April 7th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Hi Rick -

I don't plan to export zip codes to excel and send 'em anywhere. Enough people have chosen to list their locations on the member map that if there are locations that would be better than others; the clusters would already show on that map.

That's why I tried suggesting 2-3 places there would be close to a majority of the bigger clusters. Closer to bigger clusters = higher chance of more people showing up to it.

Snake
April 7th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I think you and Don are on the same page with this. You both are thinking the same way. I like it.

M-Oorb
April 7th, 2009, 08:20 PM
This would go a lot easier if...for the people who wanted to...everyone could put where they were located with their bike onto the member map if they werent already. I for one would love to do something in the summer...since during the year I have school and I am separated from my bike a large part of the time.:(

Verus Cidere
April 7th, 2009, 10:20 PM
If I'm gonna go, it'd have to be in the summer sometime! I'm still in high school guys! Can't go too far unless there's plenty of time in between! :D But I really like this idea. I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime!

Nauboey
April 8th, 2009, 06:22 AM
I'm down if some one wants to group the regions and then someone or a few ppl within the region volunteer to setup the location and stuff... It's a great idea. :thumbup:

KnoxNinja
April 8th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I'd be in for Deal's Gap or anywhere in the vicinity provided I have at least one of my Ninjas on the road.

TnNinjaGirl
April 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I'll coordinate for the South East branch of the group. Deals Gap sounds good to me. I can contact Darryl Cannon (Killboy) and/or Al from Moonshine Photography as well as get some campgrounds/hotel rooms reserved. Mid week is a good time to visit the Gap. The weekends are a little crazy come mid summer. I imagine it'll probably be easier to shoot for weekend though. Hotel rooms at the Store are $63 a night I found out yesterday. Those in the South East PM me if interested.

Jimi, get your bike(s) fixed soon please or I'm stealing one so I can fix it. I'm tired of riding alone.

Snake
April 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
CB, how does the 4th of July weekend sound to you? Gives plenty of time to set things up. Although it may be a busy weekend. Whats your thoughts?

M-Oorb
April 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
How about everyone from the north east?! We can't let those guys from down south be the only ones having fun!!

TnNinjaGirl
April 9th, 2009, 01:34 PM
They can come too. I don't descriminate against Yankees at all, ever. lol. They were talking about dividing into regions, though.

Sunny, if you can't decide which region you belong to, join the South East. DIBS ON SUNNY!!!!! lol

Rynownd
April 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I'm definitely down for something like this! Im about 60 miles north of Indianapolis, IN. This means it probably won't take place very near to me, but it would be more fun if it required a nice distance ride to get there. I have no idea what my plans are for the summer yet, so the 4th weekend seems as good as any!

zeroth
April 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Has nobody mentioned a NORTH group yet? It seems like there are a fair number of people in the IL (8) / IN (3) / MI (8) / WI (3) / MN (1) / MO (3) area that we could get together. I would include the GTA (Toronto) but they're probably close enough to the Northeast region that they could go either way. For these states, it seems like Chicago would be a convenient place to get together. I'd volunteer to organize it, but it's probably better for someone who lives in the Chicago area to do so...

Edit: Other options, which would make for nicer rides, would be Mississippi River Road or many options in Wisconsin. Lots of ideas on grouprider.com (http://grouprider.com/browse_roads.php) and openroadjourney.com (http://www.openroadjourney.com).

Nemy
April 9th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Has nobody mentioned a NORTH group yet? It seems like there are a fair number of people in the IL (8) / IN (3) / MI (8) / WI (3) / MN (1) / MO (3) area that we could get together. I would include the GTA (Toronto) but they're probably close enough to the Northeast region that they could go either way. For these states, it seems like Chicago would be a convenient place to get together. I'd volunteer to organize it, but it's probably better for someone who lives in the Chicago area to do so...

Edit: Other options, which would make for nicer rides, would be Mississippi River Road or many options in Wisconsin. Lots of ideas on grouprider.com (http://grouprider.com/browse_roads.php) and openroadjourney.com (http://www.openroadjourney.com).

ya, im down for some cross border shopping :D

sombo
April 9th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well for those in the North East I might suggest the Poconos region of Pennsylvania. I don't suggest this because it's where I live (I'm moving to Orlando at the end of the month anyway). But rather because this area is also a big biker and vacation area. There's tons of forest mountain roads, lakes, hotels, camp grounds, etc etc. There's also quite a number of things to do and they are also somewhat spread out over the region so it would mean some great riding along some of the most beautiful forested mountain roads you can imagine. It's not far from larger cities like NYC and Jersey is just a short jump away, but I doubt you'll need to go that far to find something interesting.

A good place for a ride would be to head up to the Lake Wallenpaupack area for a ride around the lake (one of the two largest lakes in PA). It's all two lane mountain roads through small fly-speck towns and vacation type villas with a few great photo shots. If I get a chance before I leave I'll go out there (probably in the cage cause of the temps :( ) and see if I can get a few good shots.

Also PA is rather biker friendly from what I've come to understand. A friend of mine at work told me that he ran into a few bikers from Cali last summer that said they've seen more bikers on the roads in this area then any where else they've been. How true that is I can't honestly say, but there's plenty of bikes out in the summer. In fact several restaurants and bars have a 'bike' night some time during the week every week during the summer.

Rynownd
April 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM

Do it to it! I don't know of any great spots, but there are some nice beaches in the south west of MI. Definitely room for cookouts, camping, and some nice sunset shots! The roads in the area are pretty good back in the woods, but I can't think of anything spectacular.

http://www.michigandnr.com/ParksandTrails/Details.aspx?id=504&type=SPRK

On a side note, the house I grew up in in South Bend, IN (~1 hour from that park) is totally empty and big enough to sleep a buncha people (6 unfurnished bedrooms). It's for sale right now, but I might be able to talk my Dad into letting me and my new "friends" use it like a hotel! I'm sure we could sweeten the deal for him with some ca$h.

Snake
April 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Any one from the South West Region care to chime in? Must a lot of members from Texas.

Buffalony
April 9th, 2009, 11:07 PM
north east here. NY. can we wait till it warms up atleast :)

Verus Cidere
April 9th, 2009, 11:32 PM
north wester here. NY. can we wait till it warms up atleast :)

I think you mean north-east? :p

I'm down for chillin in the southwest, as I'm kinda already there. We might consider El Paso for a southwest meeting place. That might be central enough for both the massive socal group we have and pretty much anybody in Texas, regardless of where, be it far west Texas, far north, or far south. And the fact that it's REALLY close to me and I won't have to make a day-long trip to socal is a plus too! :D

Buffalony
April 9th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I think you mean north-east? :p

I'm down for chillin in the southwest, as I'm kinda already there. We might consider El Paso for a southwest meeting place. That might be central enough for both the massive socal group we have and pretty much anybody in Texas, regardless of where, be it far west Texas, far north, or far south. And the fact that it's REALLY close to me and I won't have to make a day-long trip to socal is a plus too! :D

I wish i could say south west:p Im in the cold north physically but stuck out west mentally.:D I LUV SD

Snake
April 10th, 2009, 10:24 AM
By July it should be plenty warm. Thats the perfect time for a get together.

lavid2002
April 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Im down for this. Ill be hittin up a 250 this spring. Anything in the works for a east coast thing?

M-Oorb
April 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Alright so I think if we're all serious and were gunna split it up into regions I think we should make seperate threads for each reason so it's just easier to keep track of everything. We could leave it up to each person to decide what region that they want to be apart of(depending how far each person wants to ride) Whatcha guys think?

Jacksmeow
April 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Deals Gap sounds good to me.

That would be awesome!!! Did you go to the BOSB last weekend there? We had such a good time!!!

Nemy
April 10th, 2009, 11:04 PM
How bout a rally for indianapolis?!

M-Oorb
April 11th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Theres now a North East and North Central thread now...lets get some other ones going and get this thing started :thumbup:

ninjabrewer
April 11th, 2009, 04:52 PM
how's about we have just one rally in a centralized location?? I think Hawaii would work. :D

ditto. I would be open to this, although Sound_wave and I already had the first one for Oahu, and looking forward to the next one, there are now more riders here than then. If I ever move back to the mainland or there for business, I would love to do this.

nb

zeroth
April 12th, 2009, 09:13 AM
North Central thread here (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17074). Riders from midwest US and Canada welcome to hop over there and throw in some ideas.

Snake
April 14th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I have started a new thread for the South Central region. Come check it out.