View Full Version : Open engine for distribution chain... List of parts??

XacTiu
February 25th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Hello forum.
This is my first post in the forum. My name is David and I write from southern Spain . Sorry for my English ...

I have a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r Injection . It has 40000km and I think you need a good set of motor.

From the distribution chain 30000km sounds increasingly ( cla cla cla ) when you change the oil stops ringing for 2000km .
I also feel that the bike vibrates sow the right footrest to walk. It may be a bearing in the gearbox ?

A workshop was told it was the chain tensioner ... In another tell me it's the distribution chain will be to change that ...

I do not trust the workshops and I prefer to do the repair myself.

Never opened the engine. Would need a parts list that I change as gaskets, seals , bearings ...

As I open the engine renew most common wear parts ... Branch segments cylinders? Valve seats ?

I need to ask for price list . I do not want to have open engine parts waiting ...

Thank you very much and I'm sure you know help me!

csmith12
February 25th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Welcome David!

Good luck with the work, I will differ this question to those who have more experience than I do.

DEFY
February 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Welcome!!!

Motofool
February 25th, 2014, 08:59 AM
................From the distribution chain 30000km sounds increasingly ( cla cla cla ) when you change the oil stops ringing for 2000km .
I also feel that the bike vibrates sow the right footrest to walk. It may be a bearing in the gearbox ?........

Bienvenido a Ninjette.org, David !!! :grouphug:

Your engine is still very young and there is no need to replace any internal part if it has never worked without oil or with oil that has been contaminated with water.

My pre-gen has also 40000 km (25,000 miles) and is as good as new.

You just need to service and lubricate your cam chain tensioner.
You could also open the cover of the valves and measure the elongation of the chain to be sure that it is within the recommended value.

alex.s
February 25th, 2014, 09:43 AM
post a video so we can enjoy the cla cla cla sound

XacTiu
March 18th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Vídeo of sound...
Ninja 250r fail sound TIC TIC: http://youtu.be/86YAox5e8Pc

86YAox5e8Pc

Horrible sound...