View Full Version : tire install question

mikedabike64
March 1st, 2014, 06:57 PM
I am putting New front tire on and left the tire iron to hold the tire down , So I had to stop for the day came back the next day and noticed the tire is a little dented/ depressed/ divoted where I had it held down over night, I don't have air to bead it so I was wondering if that depression goes away upon obtaining a bead.
The reason why I think it won't bead is because of that depression in the tire, along with the fact I was trying to use a bicycle pump, which is not enough air pressure to overwhelm the tire, to force the bead up against the rim
Has anyone wanted to that for where the tire is depressed where you have held it down ?
If I have to I will take the tire off again but then what? :)

Thanks Mike H.

rojoracing53
March 1st, 2014, 07:42 PM
I am putting New front tire on and left the tire iron to hold the tire down , So I had to stop for the day came back the next day and noticed the tire is a little dented/ depressed/ divoted where I had it held down over night, I don't have air to bead it so I was wondering if that depression goes away upon obtaining a bead.
The reason why I think it won't bead is because of that depression in the tire, along with the fact I was trying to use a bicycle pump, which is not enough air pressure to overwhelm the tire, to force the bead up against the rim
Has anyone wanted to that for where the tire is depressed where you have held it down ?
If I have to I will take the tire off again but then what? :)

Thanks Mike H.

It's rubber it will return to shape if not on it's own after day it will after you get it beaded. Your going to need compressed air and soapy water to get enough air into the tire for it to seal.

mikedabike64
March 1st, 2014, 08:05 PM
Okay thank you Jason appreciate the help