View Full Version : Rear fender fabrication

SabreValkyrn
March 6th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I bought Ivy at the end of July, shortly after which I eliminated the ugly fender.

I'm now at 7k miles and am kind of tired of washing my jacket all the time due to the copious quantities of road spray it accumulates.

I created fenders for Scrappy (update to that thread should come relatively soon, cam chain broke); but I don't like the self-fabricated amateur look. For a project bike, I don't mind; but not for Ivy.

I've looked at metal fenders, and they're kriffing expensive. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows a bike with a front fender, or a dirt bike with a rear fender, that would fit our 140/70-17 rear tires. I'm looking for it to go from the current tire hugger to almost 180 degrees along the tire itself.

Any ideas?

Kscreations08
March 7th, 2014, 02:46 AM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166266&highlight=Scott

Originally Posted by Aggrotech
""""Have no idea if Scott is still using this email, but i looked through my history and you can try swings5@comcast.net.""""

Reply from tmlewis3
""""Yep, that's what I've been using to contact him.""""

There is a mysterious animal called a Scott that apparently makes custom huggers. I am not sure if this unicorn makes one that you are looking for but I'd be inclined to say that it could ;) Worth a shot I would think. Especially after seeing a few references to the pricetag for a custom piece.

Hope this helped

Kscreations08
March 7th, 2014, 02:51 AM
you might need to make your own splash guard then...

http://accessories.yamaha-motor-europe.com/files/images/EU/5VXW07530000_HR.jpg

This looks cool too

SabreValkyrn
March 9th, 2014, 08:39 PM
This looks cool too

Dude. That's amazing. Thanks a ton for finding it! I'll see what I can come up with.

nickjpass
March 12th, 2014, 06:08 AM
So I've never had a problem on my ZX6R, and I have no fender or hugger? Am I just so dirty that I don't notice? Does my bike have a different geometry...

SabreValkyrn
March 12th, 2014, 08:20 AM
So I've never had a problem on my ZX6R, and I have no fender or hugger? Am I just so dirty that I don't notice? Does my bike have a different geometry...

It rains a lot in the Pacific Northwest, and I ride a lot. Might be slightly different tail geometry though. The back of my jacket is really darkly colored.

nickjpass
March 12th, 2014, 08:42 AM
I'm gonna check mine at home later...lol