View Full Version : Ninjette.org North East Rally 6/19-21

M-Oorb
April 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hey guys. So I think the general consensus is that we should def. have a ninjette.org rally and that the easiest way to accomplish this is to split us all up into regions since we're all kinda spread out. I thought it'd make things easier and things would run smoother if we ended up making different threads for each region...so I went along and made one for us North Easterner's:thumbup:. Now I think that no one should be limited to which ride they wanna do...I mean hey if some of the SoCal or Mid Westerner's wanna come up here thats great:D. Ok so lets post up some idea's on times and places to hold this little ride.

In my opinion I think some time in june would be great...possibly late june because its warm but not extremely hot yet. Also a weekend is an obvious time to do this as people usually have less obligations. So lets get some idea's flowing...and lets get a good turn out :thumbup:

sombo
April 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM
As I said in the other thread, a really great area is the Poconos region of North East PA. There's tons of great roads, lakes, campgrounds, hotels, etc. It's a major vacationing area for alot of the more well to do people from the cities and such. There's a number of tourist attractions spread out over the area giving even more reason to ride and maybe get lost here and there. :)

Also it's a rather biker friendly area with places having a bike night some time during the week. If you look it's also rather central to most of the North East making it easy for alot to make it. I'm half and half on the idea of the 4th of July. It's a great weekend for sure but it's also busy, crammed, and can be dangerous with the cagers. Still worth putting on the list of dates to do it. Another option might also be Labor day near the end of summer when a number of schools will be back in session so it might not be quite as busy.

Unfortunately I won't be joining the North East one cause I'm moving to Orlando at the end of the month. :D

M-Oorb
April 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I mean if you really wanna come I'm taking the auto train from orlando up to dc then riding to jersey so you can come along for the ride haha. I think the Pocono's are a great idea...my girlfriend goes to college up there and just driving the roads in my cage is a great time. I'd like to get a bunch of ideas and eventually take a vote on time and place

lavid2002
April 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Taking my BRC May 1,2,3rd im getting a bike sometime in mid-late may. Money is already saved and I have a helmet all I need is a bike and the rest of my gear :P
Ill join ya!

sombo
April 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Well I'm counting on money still being a bit tight for the year since I'm basically starting over in life by moving there. But hey, if you live in the Orlando area we'll have to meet up sometime and go riding after I get down there.

sometimesido
April 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I just looked up what auto train was.
I wish they stopped at other places...or across america...

M-Oorb
April 11th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Lavid...alright sweet we got one in! Any ideas on where you think we should possibly hold this or dates?

Sombo:Unfortunately I live 3 hours south of Orlando...but I mean if you tell me there's good riding up there...whats 3 hours?;)

Sometimesido:I know what you mean...the auto train is a great thing...its a little on the pricey side but if you wanna cover long distances in a relatively good amount of time and don't wanna put your miles on your vehicle this is a greatttt thing.

Come on you North Easterners...springs finally here...well atleast in jersey it was yesterday I mean it got to 60!! woohoo! I know you got that itch for a nice ride so chime in!

M-Oorb
April 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Come on guys I know there's plenty of people from new york jersey penn new england and the rest of the north east on this forum!!
Posted via Mobile Device

jonb08
April 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I'm all for it. We need to let others know and get this thread going and set a date.

Buffalony
April 13th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Western New York here.
Im In.

dyeclan
April 13th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Well, I'm in NE Ohio, I think if I'm going to a ride, it'll be over your way. Count me as lurking til the date get's more firm.

M-Oorb
April 13th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Alright so now that we got a couple "I'm in"'s lets start throwing out some dates and location opinions. As was stated in one of the other regional threads I believe July 4th would be too much of a hassle because of other obligations...I for one probably will not be in a safe state to be riding :cheers:.
I think one weekend in June would probably be ideal for temperature purposes. Any weekend in June for me would be wonderful. Personally I could do a 3 day weekend from Friday to Sunday as I do not have classes or work those days but I know people who have real jobs :rolleyes: may not be able to do this so I'd be down for a two day trip. As for location, all of my riding has been in florida so I don't really know any good riding roads...just roads I've been on with my cage...so if you say its good I'm all in :thumbup:.

Any other opinions on dates and locations? I feel like the sooner we at least get a date the sooner we can start arranging things and people will def. be able to tell if they are in or not. We're gunna make this great guys!(and girls)

BlueTyke
April 13th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Northern Maryland Here... I would be interested depending on the dates.

I know for a fact that I cannot do 6/25 - 7/7 because I will be in California. Any other time I am avaliable.

As for where? I am good with going anywhere. PA, VA, etc...

M-Oorb
April 13th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Ok just throwing this date out to get the ball rolling...how about june 19th-21st?
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
April 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
This for going up north?

M-Oorb
April 13th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I'm just throwing those dates out to possibly hold the north-east leg of the ninjette rally. I'm not trying to control this things guys...quite the contrary I'm horrible at planning things haha. I just wanna get the ball rolling and get have people give their inputs
Posted via Mobile Device

Buffalony
April 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I can do a three day if needed. Any dates are fine.
I've never been to baltimore.

BlueTyke
April 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Joe - you are certainly not missing much! I avoid Baltimore if I can... the sad thing is I work in Baltimore... There is not any good riding around baltimore either. If anything I would say going more towards DC/Patomic is where the good roads are in Maryland (disclosing Western Maryland which is boardering West Virginia/PA.

I think PA is a good spot for the North Eastern meet up. (we can also hold it other places next year if that doesn't work out) That way people from really up north can come down and people from the lower still won't have to far to go.

I am good with those dates. I would suggest doing the bulk of activities on Saturday. I can't take to many days off of work and so rather would head up friday. Enjoy Saturday, and head back down Sunday afternoon.

Also are we opening this up to S/O's too that ride other things? If so I might be able to convense Phil to come with me and we can trailer the bikes up.

Are we camping or booking hotel rooms? (this needs to be decided so if we need to get hotel rooms we can do so. Also settling on one where we are all in the same 'area' might be a good idea) I do like the cook out campfire idea but I realize that not everyone is comfortable with the gear on the back of their bikes (but thats what trucks and trailers are for! :) Though I have none of the gear)

Buffalony
April 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Joe - you are certainly not missing much! I avoid Baltimore if I can... the sad thing is I work in Baltimore... There is not any good riding around baltimore either. If anything I would say going more towards DC/Patomic is where the good roads are in Maryland (disclosing Western Maryland which is boardering West Virginia/PA.

I think PA is a good spot for the North Eastern meet up. (we can also hold it other places next year if that doesn't work out) That way people from really up north can come down and people from the lower still won't have to far to go.

I am good with those dates. I would suggest doing the bulk of activities on Saturday. I can't take to many days off of work and so rather would head up friday. Enjoy Saturday, and head back down Sunday afternoon.

Also are we opening this up to S/O's too that ride other things? If so I might be able to convense Phil to come with me and we can trailer the bikes up.

Are we camping or booking hotel rooms? (this needs to be decided so if we need to get hotel rooms we can do so. Also settling on one where we are all in the same 'area' might be a good idea) I do like the cook out campfire idea but I realize that not everyone is comfortable with the gear on the back of their bikes (but thats what trucks and trailers are for! :) Though I have none of the gear)

PA does have a lot of fricking mountains:thumbup:
I've never been to the capitol.
I'm ok with camping or getting a room.

sombo
April 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
If you want to do PA then look in the Wilkes-barre/Scranton area for hotels. With all the ski mountains in the area (there's something like 6 or more in about a 50 mile radius) there's plenty of hotels in the area. There's also plenty of campgrounds nearby because of the woodlands and lakes.

Here are a few sites I found showing some good motorcycle routes in PA (focusing on the Northeast/Pocono areas).

Map highlighting certain roads for motorcycling. (http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/pa_pocono.html)

Suggested routes in PA for motorcycling from motorcyclists. (http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/NorthEast/PA/PA_index.htm)

Motorcycling events across PA throughout the summer. (http://www.lets-ride.com/event/pennsylvania.htm)

M-Oorb
April 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM
This is what I like to hear! Im down for any of those roads in PA. I'm down too for camping the only thing is getting the gear there? And i think if phil came that would be fine...maybe 1 guest per ninjette just to keep it mostly us and our bikes :thumbup:. Does anyone have any objection to those dates?

jonb08
April 13th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Damn... I hate the thought of anything on the back of my bike other than an attractive female... Guess I'd have to if I want to change clothes and stuff like that. Since I do not have the option of a trailer, I'd be making the haul from Long Island and would appreciate putting my baggage in a hotel room. This way I can focus on riding some nice PA roads without the added weight.

M-Oorb
April 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Ok I think we have agreed on PA correct? The pocono's area? I think we should start searching for prices on camp grounds and rooms... get a general feeling on the price of each and then decide. This will go a lot faster and smoother if we had some idea how many people:thumbup:. I understand some people wont be a "definite" until closer to the date but just to get a feeling? So does June 19th-21st sound good for most people interested?

sombo
April 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Hotels in the Scranton area. (http://www.hotels.com/processRefineSearchResults.do?paging=1&sortBy=PRICE&searchID=AC102642-F179-4912-0A12-BB8D4E9017D6&searchMtmPropertySupplierId=&searchType=&chooseAlternateDestination=false&propertyIdsToCompareString=&destination=usertyped&addressID=&mtnHotelID=&CIMonth=6&CIDay=19&CIYear=2009&COMonth=6&CODay=21&COYear=2009&acDestinationId=C47A5E12-D464-4D4D-BCC4-4CC6C0C9225A&acDestinationType=1&lat=0.0&lon=0.0&pointName=&usertypedcity=Scranton+area%2C+Pennsylvania%2C+US&trackType=&userEnteredDestination=&defaultLandingPageUserType=&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009&numrooms=1&adults[0]=2&child[0]=0&hotelName=&allPropertyTypesSelected=on&minPriceStr=0&maxPriceStr=500%2B&minStarRating=1.0&maxStarRating=5.0&guestRatingMin=1.0&guestRatingMax=5.0&sortType=PRICE&pageNumber=1&numProperties=25&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009)

Hotels in the Wilkes-Barre area. (http://www.hotels.com/processRefineSearchResults.do?paging=1&sortBy=PRICE&searchID=AC102642-F179-4912-0A12-BB8D4E9017D6&searchMtmPropertySupplierId=&searchType=&chooseAlternateDestination=false&propertyIdsToCompareString=&destination=usertyped&addressID=&mtnHotelID=&CIMonth=6&CIDay=19&CIYear=2009&COMonth=6&CODay=21&COYear=2009&acDestinationId=CB8A2863-746B-4361-94F5-D57EEB8FA1F1&acDestinationType=1&lat=&lon=&pointName=&usertypedcity=Wilkes-Barre%2C+Pennsylvania%2C+US&trackType=AC&userEnteredDestination=&defaultLandingPageUserType=&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009&numrooms=1&adults[0]=2&child[0]=0&hotelName=&allPropertyTypesSelected=on&minPriceStr=0&maxPriceStr=500%2B&minStarRating=1.0&maxStarRating=5.0&guestRatingMin=1.0&guestRatingMax=5.0&sortType=PRICE&pageNumber=1&numProperties=25&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009&refined=true)

You'll see some of the hotels listed in both areas since the two cities are less then 20 miles apart. There's a few other towns I could look up if you want more options. I also found a list of some nice campgrounds for the area. One of them, the Promised Land, even seems to invite bikers: "Biking: Riders share the road on the 6.5-mile paved road around Promised Land Lake. Bikes are permitted on designated hiking trails." A few of the others have group tent camping with sites for up to 30 people and can even use 3 to get up to 90. Don't know on prices though, might have to call the places for that.

Campgrounds in Northeast PA. (http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/recreation/camplist_northeast.aspx)

M-Oorb
April 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Damn... I hate the thought of anything on the back of my bike other than an attractive female... Guess I'd have to if I want to change clothes and stuff like that. Since I do not have the option of a trailer, I'd be making the haul from Long Island and would appreciate putting my baggage in a hotel room. This way I can focus on riding some nice PA roads without the added weight.

I believe what the plan would be is everyone ride up on friday...drop all the stuff off and kinda relax and really get to know one another and just hang out. Saturday would be teh big riding day and we really wouldn't have to carry much around with us. Then sunday would be a ride back to everyones home at some point. Either way I feel like we would carry the same amount of baggage on the ride day if it was a hotel or a campground...biggest difference would be the ride up and back...with the campground requiring more baggage on those trips.

M-Oorb
April 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Hotels in the Scranton area. (http://www.hotels.com/processRefineSearchResults.do?paging=1&sortBy=PRICE&searchID=AC102642-F179-4912-0A12-BB8D4E9017D6&searchMtmPropertySupplierId=&searchType=&chooseAlternateDestination=false&propertyIdsToCompareString=&destination=usertyped&addressID=&mtnHotelID=&CIMonth=6&CIDay=19&CIYear=2009&COMonth=6&CODay=21&COYear=2009&acDestinationId=C47A5E12-D464-4D4D-BCC4-4CC6C0C9225A&acDestinationType=1&lat=0.0&lon=0.0&pointName=&usertypedcity=Scranton+area%2C+Pennsylvania%2C+US&trackType=&userEnteredDestination=&defaultLandingPageUserType=&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009&numrooms=1&adults[0]=2&child[0]=0&hotelName=&allPropertyTypesSelected=on&minPriceStr=0&maxPriceStr=500%2B&minStarRating=1.0&maxStarRating=5.0&guestRatingMin=1.0&guestRatingMax=5.0&sortType=PRICE&pageNumber=1&numProperties=25&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009)

Hotels in the Wilkes-Barre area. (http://www.hotels.com/processRefineSearchResults.do?paging=1&sortBy=PRICE&searchID=AC102642-F179-4912-0A12-BB8D4E9017D6&searchMtmPropertySupplierId=&searchType=&chooseAlternateDestination=false&propertyIdsToCompareString=&destination=usertyped&addressID=&mtnHotelID=&CIMonth=6&CIDay=19&CIYear=2009&COMonth=6&CODay=21&COYear=2009&acDestinationId=CB8A2863-746B-4361-94F5-D57EEB8FA1F1&acDestinationType=1&lat=&lon=&pointName=&usertypedcity=Wilkes-Barre%2C+Pennsylvania%2C+US&trackType=AC&userEnteredDestination=&defaultLandingPageUserType=&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009&numrooms=1&adults[0]=2&child[0]=0&hotelName=&allPropertyTypesSelected=on&minPriceStr=0&maxPriceStr=500%2B&minStarRating=1.0&maxStarRating=5.0&guestRatingMin=1.0&guestRatingMax=5.0&sortType=PRICE&pageNumber=1&numProperties=25&checkIn=6%2F19%2F2009&checkOut=6%2F21%2F2009&refined=true)

You'll see some of the hotels listed in both areas since the two cities are less then 20 miles apart. There's a few other towns I could look up if you want more options.

I actually just recently stayed in the Wilkes-Barre area 2 weeks ago. Pretty big town that comes out of the middle of no where. Thanks for all the help...I really wish there was some way that you could come because all of this work you are putting into this to make this easier. I plan on giving everyone a special surprise to all those who attend this rally and the other ones...I'll save one and send it to you for helping us out so much:thumbup:. I'll take a look at those area's and I encourage everyone else too also...this is a group thing guys!! I'm so pumped:D

sombo
April 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I actually just recently stayed in the Wilkes-Barre area 2 weeks ago. Pretty big town that comes out of the middle of no where. Thanks for all the help...I really wish there was some way that you could come because all of this work you are putting into this to make this easier. I plan on giving everyone a special surprise to all those who attend this rally and the other ones...I'll save one and send it to you for helping us out so much:thumbup:. I'll take a look at those area's and I encourage everyone else too also...this is a group thing guys!! I'm so pumped:D

Thanks, I edited it to include campgrounds. Might want to look at those as well.

Nemy
April 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM
PA's close enough for :canada: Though I'd think, camping will be harder to organize. Sleeping bags are easy to carry but I, for one, don't have access to a nice compact tent.

I don't know the area, but with the ski hills, there have to be some cottage-esque chalets to rent out and what not no? Going rate might be a couple hundred but once you cram enough people into it... :rolleyes:

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Ok so it sounds like we got a couple people interested so I'm gunna start looking at accommodations over the next couple days(any help would be much appreciated). I haven't heard any objections to June19-21 so I'm gunna assume this is agreed upon and that also the Pocno's area of PA is the location. If you are def in shoot me a PM and I'll post a list of who's in so far. In that PM if you could also state how much money your willing to throw in for accommodations that would be very helpful to so I can see what we have to deal with. :thumbup:

BlueTyke
April 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
"Biking: Riders share the road on the 6.5-mile paved road around Promised Land Lake. Bikes are permitted on designated hiking trails."

I believe they are speaking of Bicycles not Motorcycles.

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Psht my ninjette was custom built to off road ;). So tyke...will you be joining us? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
April 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Someone has to keep you all in line :D

I'll have to see if I can get that Friday off. I am already taking some additional time off the following week (for two weeks) for my trip out to CA. Shouldn't really be a problem though. I still have plenty of Vacation time :)

tinng321
April 14th, 2009, 10:06 AM
let see if i can get a bike before the event.
i can't promise anything, but i would love to join.
going to 2 bikes this weekend. hopefully, i will be coming home with 1.

BlueTyke
April 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
If not that's alright too! There is always room for a tail runner...

I am really hoping I can convince Phil to come so we can trailer the bikes. I really like having the idea/access to a truck/trailer incase a bike breaks down (or worse :: wince :: hope not of course)

Buffalony
April 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
K. I'll start driving around google maps for places to ride....:hitself:

I'm in for what ever dates.

How many deffs do we have?
should we start pming this thread link to everybody in the region?
It would be easier to put together accomidations if we had a close estimate of the number of heads.
Im hoping for a huge turn out.
Like Quarter mile of Quarter liters:D
look at the kawi rainbow. lets roll :cool:

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Good point Sunny...it would be terrible if anyone had bike problems:(. Find out about taking off...I know we would all love for you to be there.

Joe, already started sending out some PM's to members who I saw were in the area and haven't posted yet on the thread. I think I set like 3 out so if you wanna help out...:thumbup:. I think everyone who is in should just post a single post saying that they are in just so we know how many people we got going so we can really start getting things moving...with accommodations and what not. Any suggestions for places to ride in the Pocono's area is greatly appreciated. We already have some posted...but the more we have to choose from the better.

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I'm def. in:D

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Just realized something guys...that weekend that was picked...19-21...that dsunday is fathers day. Won't be an issue for me but if it is for others we can change it to maybe first weekend in june?
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
April 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Haha I sent a PM to Kim (I can never spell her screen name but she has the headlights as her avitar and they blink....) and Sam who are down in Virginia area...

The first weekend may be a bit better then if it is Fathers day... (not that it matters much to me cause I would see my dad that next week anyway :D )

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
So bad news guys(and gals). The fathers day weekend is the only weekend that I'll be able to join you guys on this rally this summer due to prior engagments :/...I only have my bike in jersey for 7 weeks and that's the only weekend I can get away for. Now I'm bummed :(
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
April 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I am still good with that weekend... Or perhaps in July? Mid ish?

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I'm still down for doing it the original weekend of the 19th-21st as long as no one has any objections but I understand if people do. As for July...I actually ride back to florida after July 4th so I wont be available for any ride other than the weekend of the 19th or the weekend of the 26th. So if its gunna be any other time...I'll cheer you guys on from the sidelines!

Nemy
April 14th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Add me to the list! I'm 99% in and I'm fine with the 19-21 weekend. Just can't say 100% because the 8 hour commute might present difficulties closer to the date. I'm on a really tight unemployed/student loan budget, though, so hoping for $20-30 a night...

M-Oorb
April 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Add me to the list! I'm 99% in and I'm fine with the 19-21 weekend. Just can't say 100% because the 8 hour commute might present difficulties closer to the date. I'm on a really tight unemployed/student loan budget, though, so hoping for $20-30 a night...

So does this mean we'll do it that weekend? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

jonb08
April 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
I believe what the plan would be is everyone ride up on friday...drop all the stuff off and kinda relax and really get to know one another and just hang out. Saturday would be teh big riding day and we really wouldn't have to carry much around with us. Then sunday would be a ride back to everyones home at some point. Either way I feel like we would carry the same amount of baggage on the ride day if it was a hotel or a campground...biggest difference would be the ride up and back...with the campground requiring more baggage on those trips.

I'm not going to leave all my stuff at a campground though. Call me paranoid but I've learned some lessons being just outside of NYC. I could see myself leaving a change of clothes and other baggage at the hotel for the Saturday ride and just have the tankbag as usual. The stock suspension is way to soft on the pre-gen to have any kind of baggage on a ride through twisties. From the looks of some of these nice PA roads, I'm going to need all the suspension travel I can get from these crappy shocks.

I think your Fri, Sat, Sun plan is right on point.

Buffalony
April 15th, 2009, 04:24 AM

Tim you'll prob be passing by my way here in buff. maybe we can meet up for the ride through PA?
Can't wait to use my GPS too :D

Maybe we can meet frank (Dyeclan) along the way somewhere too. I'd like to see his gears bike up close :thumbup:

NE paaartay
:partytime10::partytime20::partytime10:

BlueTyke
April 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I'm not going to leave all my stuff at a campground though. Call me paranoid but I've learned some lessons being just outside of NYC. I could see myself leaving a change of clothes and other baggage at the hotel for the Saturday ride and just have the tankbag as usual. The stock suspension is way to soft on the pre-gen to have any kind of baggage on a ride through twisties. From the looks of some of these nice PA roads, I'm going to need all the suspension travel I can get from these crappy shocks.

I think your Fri, Sat, Sun plan is right on point.

I think the general take all around is to do Hotel rooms. Though I still trying to ask Phil if he wants to go so we can trailer the bikes (his dad has an HD trailer that would fit both of our bikes and give us a truck and trailer incase we need it). If he doesn't want/cant go then I'll just ride up.

M-Oorb
April 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Ok so it seems no one has a problem with the 19-21 weekend as dates to hold this. I see that the general consensus is getting a hotel which is fine we just needa figure out who's coming and start getting some mullah together to make a reservation. This is who I understand as def. in right now

Me
Lavid2002
Jonb08
buffalony
bluetyke
Nemy

If you are on this list and are not def. if you can make it yet just lemme know. Also if you are not here but wanna be let me know as well too. :thumbup:

Nemy
April 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Tim you'll prob be passing by my way here in buff. maybe we can meet up for the ride through PA?
Can't wait to use my GPS too :D

Maybe we can meet frank (Dyeclan) along the way somewhere too. I'd like to see his gears bike up close :thumbup:

NE paaartay
:partytime10::partytime20::partytime10:

sounds like a plan to me!

And someone must know the area to find a 2-3 bedroom chalet/summer vacation home no? Those things can be as low as $100-200 a night and I've crammed like 10 people in em...

sombo
April 16th, 2009, 03:08 AM
sounds like a plan to me!

And someone must know the area to find a 2-3 bedroom chalet/summer vacation home no? Those things can be as low as $100-200 a night and I've crammed like 10 people in em...

Oh there are some, but like 90% of them are in little gated vacation villages that you have buy into in order to get. That or the few that aren't in those little villages are already booked by this time of year by the wealthy from NYC which is less then 3hrs away.

Nemy
April 16th, 2009, 08:31 AM
That or the few that aren't in those little villages are already booked by this time of year by the wealthy from NYC which is less then 3hrs away.

ah that explains it :bash:

jonb08
April 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Sorry guys. Can't do 19-21. Realized that I have father's day and my little brothers birthday that weekend. I'll check back occasionally to see if the date changes.

BlueTyke
April 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Talked to Phil, rather mentioned it. He said he is interested because there is a shop he wants to take his bike to up that way...

sombo
April 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Talked to Phil, rather mentioned it. He said he is interested because there is a shop he wants to take his bike to up that way...

Which one would that be?

c_anglada
April 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Ok so it seems no one has a problem with the 19-21 weekend as dates to hold this. I see that the general consensus is getting a hotel which is fine we just needa figure out who's coming and start getting some mullah together to make a reservation. This is who I understand as def. in right now

Me
Lavid2002
Jonb08
buffalony
bluetyke
Nemy

If you are on this list and are not def. if you can make it yet just lemme know. Also if you are not here but wanna be let me know as well too. :thumbup:

just spotted this thread... i live in the poconos and yes there are plenty of roads to get lost on :D but during the holidays there is alot and i mean alot of traffic so be prepared for that. you can add me to the list. also i dont check the forums as often as i would like so you can reach me via email. and there are alot of hotels and camp grounds around the area.

Buffalony
April 19th, 2009, 04:56 AM
just spotted this thread... i live in the poconos and yes there are plenty of roads to get lost on :D but during the holidays there is alot and i mean alot of traffic so be prepared for that. you can add me to the list. also i dont check the forums as often as i would like so you can reach me via email. and there are alot of hotels and camp grounds around the area.

Awe sweet we got a tour guide :D
It would be awesome to have somebody from the area.coo

Buffalony
April 19th, 2009, 07:56 AM
:partytime20::partytime20: :partytime20: :photo::pound::pound::partytime20::partytime20::party::grouphug:
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I think I'm bout 2 lose control, cause I'm gonna ride it. yeah woo....lol sorry
:focus:

Here....for those not familiar with group riding.
http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Group_Ride.pdf
Hope this helps some riders in the group.
I know I need to study alittle. I don't group ride much. ya know
If your behind me you'll know if I studied....which probably means most of u :rolleyes: I ride Green :D I Kid, I kid...I'm big on safety.:thumbup:

Nemy
April 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Here's another great info site for group riding:

http://www.sunsethog.com/groupRiding.html

M-Oorb
April 19th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Alright so now we got a couple people going...lets get a ride picked out!! Once we pick out where we wanna ride(general area...work out details later) We can get crackin on our sleeping accommodations :thumbup:

nmd003
April 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I might be able to go, but it'll depend on if we end up going to Chincoteague in June or not. My grandparents from Germany are supposed to be coming over and we'd be going to the beach together, but I'm not sure if that's definite anymore or not, if not, I could possibly be able to get the weekend off of work. I'll keep you guys posted.

Nemy
April 19th, 2009, 09:18 PM
for the next part we'll definitely need a local to point out some good/famous roads... don't wanna end up getting lost, or even worse, getting stuck on dirt roads lol

here's a link
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/pa_pocono.html

djindia23
April 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM
yeah i wont be able to make it this weekend either... gonna be in cali for a wedding... and the weekend after me and my friends might be riding out to VA beach... still hoping to meet up and ride with some of the 250s in jersey!!!

Buffalony
April 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM
:party: Good link tim. I just drove the red twisty road on the upper right using google maps and its mostly highway. deff. no dragon of the east:D Some of those long side roads look pretty intense there in PA but i cant judge condition. I agree it would be nice to have someone semi familiar with the roads. But I'm sure wingin it will suffice. Can always ask around too, where ever we may roam. Kichu keep an eye on the thread though, just incase plans change. :partytime20:

c_anglada
April 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
this is what i was thinkking not in any order.... 115 along rt 33south to 512south to 946 west to 248 west to 209 east to 115 north to long pond road to 940 east to 611 north to 423 south to 940 west to locust ridge road to river road to clifton beach road to 435 north to 307 north to 502 west to glenmaura national blvd to cinemark on montage mt. take a break up there and in between of course then head back to the poconos. there is also 715, 314, 447, 191. check the roads out on google maps.

sombo
April 20th, 2009, 08:16 PM
this is what i was thinkking not in any order.... 115 along rt 33south to 512south to 946 west to 248 west to 209 east to 115 north to long pond road to 940 east to 611 north to 423 south to 940 west to locust ridge road to river road to clifton beach road to 435 north to 307 north to 502 west to glenmaura national blvd to cinemark on montage mt. take a break up there and in between of course then head back to the poconos. there is also 715, 314, 447, 191. check the roads out on google maps.

Maybe you and I can scout some of them on Friday in the afternoon before I pack the bike in the Uhaul for my move this weekend.

BlueTyke
April 21st, 2009, 07:53 AM
I think Mike is itching to get out :) Hehe either way good luck with the move!

c_anglada
April 21st, 2009, 07:29 PM
Maybe you and I can scout some of them on Friday in the afternoon before I pack the bike in the Uhaul for my move this weekend.

i would love to but i wont be home from work until 7pm - 8pm depending on traffic. so if your ok with that we can roll. i do know last summer one 0f the main runs i would do is 423 to 940 to locust ridge to 502 to montage and then back to tobyhanna on 380 and would take a good 1.5hr to 2hr with a break at the mountain. plenty of twisties on the roads. i know they are doing bridge work around 380 so before the group ride comes up i will take my car around to check road conditions and what not.

sombo
April 21st, 2009, 08:22 PM
Darn, that's gonna be too late for me. I have to get the bike in a Uhaul trailer and head to my parent's before it gets too late on Friday. Then early morning Saturday start the long drive to Orlando.

I did get out for some riding today though. I drove out Aberdeen road to 590, out to rt 6, to 507 (takes you around Lake Wallenpaupack), to 435, back to the house.

Route taken. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1121+aberdeen+road,+moscow,+pa+18444&daddr=41.393166,-75.450583+to:Lake+Wallenpaupack+Rd%2FUS-6+to:Lake+Wallenpaupack+Rd%2FPA-507+to:Millcreek+Rd%2FPA-507+to:PA-435+to:Aberdeen+Rd&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3BFZqBeAIdptmE-w%3BFX7VdwIdLCKE-w%3BFSjXdQIdkuyB-w%3BFToodQIdEgKA-w%3BFfMPdwId_ASA-w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1,2,3,4,5&sll=41.392876,-75.452085&sspn=0.016355,0.027637&ie=UTF8&ll=41.391105,-75.457578&spn=0.016355,0.027637&t=h&z=15)

M-Oorb
April 21st, 2009, 08:23 PM
Chris, whatever you think is good...im down for :thumbup:

sombo
April 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Forgot to add the two pics I took of the lake I went to. It's called Lake Wallenpaupack in the Pocono Mountains of PA.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=120&pictureid=1147

This was a good shot, someone had a small house boat on the water.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=120&pictureid=1148

Not happy how this one turned out.

M-Oorb
April 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM
Lets go lets go lets go!!

BlueTyke
April 22nd, 2009, 06:38 AM
I know someone who just rode the Poconos last weekend. I am seeing if she can send me her routes/suggestions.

SeeJoy
April 22nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Just saw this!
I live in Bethlehem, PA and would love to do this ride and meet you all :)
Heck, the Poconos is just up the road a bit.
Unfortunately..the second race in an outdoor speed skating series I'm doing is on the 20th so I can't make it :(((((((((
Bummer....

BlueTyke
April 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
If you surive I am sure some of the more local people are probably going to hang around on the 21st... I know I am probably going to be in no hurry :D

As for your living area.. I was just up there two weekends ago! I scuba dive and Phil wanted to go to Dutch Springs. It was interesting... I got sunburned (the water was to cold so I stayed on the shore)

SeeJoy
April 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Two weeks ago? That water must have been absolutely frigid!
Hope to meet you on that Sunday then :)
My BF rides an HD, hope he can come too..

BlueRaven
April 22nd, 2009, 04:34 PM
Wish i could go. I just checked with google map and its a 13 hours drive from New Brunswick Canada to PA. Unless I could put my bike on top of the tent trailer. I would probably have to modify the top with chocks or something. I would have to check.

Nemy
April 22nd, 2009, 05:48 PM
that just makes for a better roadtrip! lol and you can meet buffalony and I in NY

BlueTyke
April 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM

Oooh it was. So they tell me :) I didn't go in... I have the brains.

I think we are allowing one guest..(though I don't think that is set in stone) Phil my bf rides a Busa and has been invited (of course he is my ride up there if I can swing it... if not I am riding that way by myself. )

Buffalony
April 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Oooh it was. So they tell me :) I didn't go in... I have the brains.

I think we are allowing one guest..(though I don't think that is set in stone) Phil my bf rides a Busa and has been invited (of course he is my ride up there if I can swing it... if not I am riding that way by myself. )

We don't descriminate :thumbup: more bike the better. I might hang around alittle on the 21st too. Depends on the weather :D

BTW I'd never been to a speed skating comp!!! hint hint :)
Hey...is it in the area??? Is it at night? You might have more fans in the crowd than expected that match.lol

c_anglada
April 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Darn, that's gonna be too late for me. I have to get the bike in a Uhaul trailer and head to my parent's before it gets too late on Friday. Then early morning Saturday start the long drive to Orlando.

I did get out for some riding today though. I drove out Aberdeen road to 590, out to rt 6, to 507 (takes you around Lake Wallenpaupack), to 435, back to the house.

Route taken. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1121+aberdeen+road,+moscow,+pa+18444&daddr=41.393166,-75.450583+to:Lake+Wallenpaupack+Rd%2FUS-6+to:Lake+Wallenpaupack+Rd%2FPA-507+to:Millcreek+Rd%2FPA-507+to:PA-435+to:Aberdeen+Rd&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3BFZqBeAIdptmE-w%3BFX7VdwIdLCKE-w%3BFSjXdQIdkuyB-w%3BFToodQIdEgKA-w%3BFfMPdwId_ASA-w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1,2,3,4,5&sll=41.392876,-75.452085&sspn=0.016355,0.027637&ie=UTF8&ll=41.391105,-75.457578&spn=0.016355,0.027637&t=h&z=15)

that sucks...oh well...i didnt even think of 507. that looks like a fun road. might have to go out this weekend and check it out. how would you rate this route? im thinking we go 423 to 940 to locustridge road to river road up to 435 the head up 507 to 390 back down to 447 to 191 to 715 to 314 to 611 to loop road where the is a nice overlook thats great for pics. i will have to play with goole maps more when i get a chance.

i commute to work all the way to allentown pa maybe 10 mins south west of dorney park. we could ride one day after work around that area if you want. i say the more the better. i had planned on inviting the people i ride with.

sombo
April 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
Well, just remember I'm a newb with only 160 miles of riding under his belt thus far. With that said. I would have to say it was a fun road, plenty of turns and numerous hills to mix things up. I do have to say that the road is a bit worn especially on the outer shoulder so you need to keep an eye on your right turns. There were a few good spots for pics of the lake and a couple good sized restaurants you could stop a decent sized group at for dinner or lunch.

I can't really give much advice on the route you suggested since I haven't been on several of those roads yet (and won't get the chance to now). But I think you'll do fine at scouting out a great route for the rally.

BlueTyke
April 24th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Have we decided on a place of stay yet? Or area of place of stay?

I know a few people in PA (that aren't Ninja riders) that could also contribute ideas but they need to know the general area we are going to be in...

Nemy
April 26th, 2009, 09:07 PM
:bump2:

M-Oorb
April 26th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I dont think we've settled on an area yet...but i think we should ;)

BlueTyke
April 27th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I think the place should have different resteruants. I am not familiar with the area at all I think Mike had suggested soem towns but I can't seem to find the post...

BlueTyke
April 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM
If you want to do PA then look in the Wilkes-barre/Scranton area for hotels. With all the ski mountains in the area (there's something like 6 or more in about a 50 mile radius) there's plenty of hotels in the area. There's also plenty of campgrounds nearby because of the woodlands and lakes.

Here are a few sites I found showing some good motorcycle routes in PA (focusing on the Northeast/Pocono areas).

Map highlighting certain roads for motorcycling. (http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/pa_pocono.html)

Suggested routes in PA for motorcycling from motorcyclists. (http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/NorthEast/PA/PA_index.htm)

Motorcycling events across PA throughout the summer. (http://www.lets-ride.com/event/pennsylvania.htm)

Bump (Found it!)

c_anglada
April 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I think the place should have different resteruants. I am not familiar with the area at all I think Mike had suggested soem towns but I can't seem to find the post...
there are plenty of places to eat i.e. red robin, texas roadhouse, chillis, olive garden..... as far as places to stay thats all up to you guys. some big name places around the area are great wolf lodge, montairy resort/casino, comfort inn, fernwood hotel, THE INN AT POCONO MANOR. all depends on how much u wanna spend.

M-Oorb
April 27th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Well I think someone should def take a look at some of the places in the towns posted above and post the prices so we can all decide( Shotty not...finals week :()

c_anglada
April 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Well I think someone should def take a look at some of the places in the towns posted above and post the prices so we can all decide( Shotty not...finals week :()

this should get you started.
http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US/html/QuickSearch?optional=false&sid=3MvD.ocJ3Sgzlig.8&type=&chain=CI&brand_segment=&areaid=69862&areatype=30&latitude=41.1769&longitude=-75.418333&radius=40.231734792404254&map=n&placetype=city&placename=Tobyhanna&state_country=PAUS&country=US&month=6&day=19&depart_month=6&depart_day=21&srp=RACK&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0&find.x=2&find.y=7

sombo
April 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I posted two links on page one for hotels with prices in both Scranton and Wilkes-barre found through Hotels.com.

noche_caliente
May 4th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Chris - how big is your garage? Can't we all just stay at your place? ;)

I'll let the hubby know about it and see what he says - my birthday is the 18th, so I don't see how he can really say no :) And I might even be able to get my dad to come along too - if we'll let a weestrom ride with us that is.... thought not sure what I would do with the hubby and kid while we're riding....

BlueTyke
May 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Wees are fine with me!

As for hubby and kid... It's nature... Let them explore :D

kawibelle
May 4th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Hi all! I'm just west of allentown and south of the poconos. I'll only have a month or so of riding under my belt by then but I'd love to meet up with you guys while you're here! Keep me posted on your plans!

Snake
May 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
By that time I guarantee you will be ready to join in and ride with the group. I am sure they will net leave you behind.

BlueTyke
May 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM
No one gets left behind!! :) I certainly wouldn't leave you behind.

Snake
May 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
See I told ya. The ninjette.org motto

No rider gets left behind.

BlueTyke
May 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I thought that was a Military motto of some kind... O.o

Snake
May 4th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Well we just adapted it for our use.
Same concept though. We all watch out for one onother.

BlueRaven
May 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
who's in so far?

kawibelle
May 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
LOL!! I'm in!!!

c_anglada
May 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
who's in so far?

im in but i already live in the area so...

Chris - how big is your garage? Can't we all just stay at your place? ;)

I'll let the hubby know about it and see what he says - my birthday is the 18th, so I don't see how he can really say no :) And I might even be able to get my dad to come along too - if we'll let a weestrom ride with us that is.... thought not sure what I would do with the hubby and kid while we're riding....

Ha. Unfortunately I still live with my mom (thats a long story) and I'm sure she will say no to that. also I don’t have a garage :( but I do have a shed and I’m sure I can find room for one more to lock down. For your hubby and kid the great wolf lodge has an indoor water park but I think you need a room there to get in??? There is camel beach an out door water park that should be open…. paint ball, hiking, movies, casino etc. oh and if you are really up for it you can go to Dorney Park if it’s open. about 1hr away.

sombo
May 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Yah, you need to be staying at the Great Wolf Lodge in order to go to the waterpark or play in Magiquest. For those that don't know what Magiquest is, it's a fully interactive video game where you are a wizard, you get a wand, and go on quests throughout the place to collect items by activating them using your wand. It's actually really cool and fun.

However, seeing as how the prices for a room at GWL are 100% completely outrageous I wouldn't suggest staying there. Well not unless you want to spend over $500 for one night (checked it myself back in April when I was thinking of staying there for a weekend).

kawibelle
May 5th, 2009, 05:07 AM
If you guys know of a general area that you want to stay (Lake Wallenpaupack, Tannersville, Stroudsburg, Jim Thorpe) I can make some recommendations on where to stay. Great Wolf is really cool if you have kids, Camelback is nice, Mt. Airy is great if you want to gamble... There's an awesome place on Lake Wallenpaupack called Erhardt's. I know they have really inexpensive rooms but I don't know what they're like. I've stayed in the new couple suite which is AWESOME!!!!

BlueTyke
May 5th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I am for inexpensive...

Lets narrow down the 'rally' point folks!!

kawibelle
May 5th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Actually, my avatar pic was taken in the parking lot at erhardt's! More pics of the lake are HERE (http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/570620798ZGheZF;jsessionid=abcoZzpyW5-qd4XzT6qes)

And the attached pic was taken just outside of Jim Thorpe...

More HERE (http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/570613923pQEnsl)

BlueTyke
May 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Lakes usually means some good views and nice roads...

Those are some great pictures Kelly!! I really like the sunset ones. Very nice!

Buffalony
May 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Oh great another kelly on a green 2fiddy. JK.
Welcome.

c_anglada
May 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I am for inexpensive...

Lets narrow down the 'rally' point folks!!

well there are alot of places to stay within 20 miles of mt.pocono. so i say we could all meet up at the walmart in mt. pocono.

Buffalony
May 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Walmarts have big parking lots. sounds good to me.

BlueTyke
May 6th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Is this walmart near the hotels??

Buffalony
May 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Im looking. :D

Buffalony
May 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I found one right up the street using satelite images.lol

actually its almost right next to it.

http://www2.hotels.com/pageDetails.do?viewTab=photos&destinationId=DCF0BAAA-8201-465A-8439-7D4D0232E044&hotelId=218782&arrivalDate=05/20/09&departureDate=05/22/09&numberOfRooms=1&adultsPerRoom=2&childrenPerRoom=0

M-Oorb
May 6th, 2009, 02:05 PM
how much?

Buffalony
May 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM
How many rooms we gonna need? I know hotels.com does group quotes too. If you enter 9+ rooms it takes you to a quote screen. I entered 8 and it quoted me $130 for a standard King bed or $140 for two queens. This was per night. So $65-$70 a night each. There are places for way less though. Check out the link:
http://www2.hotels.com/search.do?compUrl=%2B%2C%5EC%29z%21%21%25_96%23V%3F%3F%26%3BC%2Ck-dj%3E6%21%23%3E12Be7Vc7%22GV%2C%29%3AP%5CRZu%2CrWG%27%3EY1hcDY%3Ag7fX%24p%3AZkQ% 3FhR%25n%3CQ.%22qMH8H*9%28%3DJb%22%2C%5D%3F%5BYNq.Zp%3DT%3BC61%26%21SW%5CSDer%5C Va6%5EqB.c.4%60%2B%24QBnJM%27r%5E2%27_WhakEA%28m%5ECS%5B%5B%29iXRNo%2FCqIE%24H-DX%2C%5CPZsU9%5E8gAXD5Yldt2UV%40EJ%2CigcJ9%2F%21C23%3BJW8YQNEF%27a%60Ej2mo_W%40L %40%5D9oAptR%25%3B%3Eb%2FM-BZ%5DJCLKRFed%3FkF%5Ck%5Bma%2Csq%27%2C%229H%3B9WAS%25J0F*%23fTW4%5D%26R%21XaMpC% 40%3C-NEf%3C%40%3BHR13%60%2F%29n%3A7Up%28AT%22U5RX9BNA%2F%3ES%40J%2C6%5D7_Y1upkBubH3*. %5Cu_hk%3F%24b%3D%60%2C*ki%5B8a%3AGhUoa%21e8i8Q57QNOOFrt%27%40*%40tP%22%2F%2B%21 Ap3TN43IE%2FJ2mF6h%60lrW3WoNb%21%21%7E%3E%21%21%7E%3E#;b_1QDKI0[0Ml[tDf0J{1.*wC0Ml=uDKC){Gxv9&@3mZr,r./SDJ=3(A0iub;flGiATK.Q0ITXp/gW8,:esGS:/y;i;_^*e3&r]Q/5nr*7R:$JyxLs978lQB:..ZK7k@S8;Fs5E/Oyy&78w6B:.Hj6/5n5|,r.qE3@-FM0KC[_0K(447PZ|E1.ErX/6c=W1+ZX8{qB2Y1+ZX8{qB2Y1+ZX8{qB2Y1+ZX8{qB2Y1+ZX8{qB2Y1+ZX8{qB2Y1+ZX8{qB2Y1+ZX8w !T![9M&/^/8d~V/8d~V/8d~V/8d~V/8d~V/5@p+

Buffalony
May 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Are we making it Fri Sat Sun? Cause this kinda complicates things alittle. I know some places want you checked in by a certain time in the morn. Right?
If we leave Fri and get there Fri afternoon will they give us a problem? Guess We'll have to contact our decision to verify if this will be a problem. Though I don't think It will be.

I remember some of you saying you'd like to leave your things in the room while out riding. If we book a room they usually want you out by a certain time in the morn. too.
So if out riding Sat. evening I assume you would have to pay for that night too even though your not sleeping there. Make sense? Or maybe we can find a storage solution for those who do not want to stay till Sun... ..

BlueTyke
May 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I know I would be staying friday and Saturday nights... Leaving back home sometime Sunday.

Usually, its been my experience, that you have to be checked out by noon. Could be different.

Here is what I am thinking... Us that are flocking further from PA to go are going to have a long hard ride/drive to get there. If we meet somewhere Saturday morning you folks that live there abouts can meet us for breakfast/brunch some place around the selected hotels... If we say meet at 8:30 am that gives us the rest of the day to play around. Hit the good roads. Find some place for lunch and then play around some more and end up somewhere for dinner (if it is a local a bbq that we all chip in to pay for doesn't sound to bad to me but either way)

If someone is trailering things or driving to meet us and such perhaps personal belongings can be left in that vehicle. I know that if Phil and I trailer up then I would be more than happy to let people stow stuff in the truck or trailer...

M-Oorb
May 6th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Joe, I think your confusing checkin with check out. No hotel that I have ever been to cares what time you show up...I mean ive showed up at 1am. Bluetyke I think you have the right idea. Now that 70 bucks a night thing though...a little much IMO.

BlueTyke
May 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM
A bit much to me as well... I think we should find one of the least expensive. We aren't going for the atmosphere of the hotel but rather to ride :D

Looking at the link Joe put up the second one down says 51 a night at a Super 8

I am really not familiar with the area at all... I usually choose one which is close to my destination but as I have no particular one... I would say though we don't have to be inside the moutains to get the hotel. infact being on the fringe or outside of it would work as well..

Buffalony
May 6th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Joe, I think your confusing checkin with check out. No hotel that I have ever been to cares what time you show up...I mean ive showed up at 1am. Bluetyke I think you have the right idea. Now that 70 bucks a night thing though...a little much IMO.

Some places do give you a check in time. I checked into the swan resort in FL. in march at 2pm was supposed to be there at 11A. They gave the room to some one else. It wasnt a problem getting another room cause it was such a big place, I just lost the room I wanted :D They did tell us that it wouldve been ok to call and let them know we were checking in late.

I am really not familiar with the area at all... I usually choose one which is close to my destination but as I have no particular one... I would say though we don't have to be inside the moutains to get the hotel. infact being on the fringe or outside of it would work as well..

+1 Sounds about right to me tyke

I dont really care where I'm sleeping as long as there isnt bed bugs to take home!!! :eek::D
I'd sleep under the stars with Wasabi too. Anyone make Ninjette size sleeping bags? :D

c_anglada
May 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
if you look at a map basicly from mt. pocono to stroudsburg is a 20mile drive which to me is not that far.... as far as meeting up let me know 8:30am might be a bit early for the people that are coming from NJ or so but what ever you decide im fine with

BlueTyke
May 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Btw I am coming up from northern Maryland.... According to the Pocono's website (http://www.800poconos.com/visitors/) its only 90 miles from NYC.. So I don't want to hear gripes from that end either!

Driving Distances:

Allentown
45 Miles

Binghamton
93 Miles

Harrisburg
125 Miles

Long Island
93 Miles

Philadelphia
85 Miles

Scranton
41 Miles

Washington D.C.
203 Miles

You can also dl a map of the area. For some reason it didn't work for me but you can also order a map and info free so... yeah...

BlueTyke
May 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I found a hotel in White Haven (which is just outside of the Poconos above Hazelton but below Wilkesbarre on the Eastern side of the Poconos). They want about $58 a night that is the cheapest I am finding. I haven't called yet because I am not sure how many people will be needing rooms. We might be able to swing a better deal if we have more rooms. Also another thought is sharing of rooms. I know I wouldn't mind sharing a room (with or without Phil, though he does snore) and that should bring room costs down.

So who all will be needing to rent a room!?

Oooh! I just found this for a little more (like 65) they are little cottages that face a central area... :D Flower Field Motel and Cottages (http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotelDetailsStandalone.jsp?z=857f&r=ul&z=8581&r=un&lastPage=interstitial) This one is on the NJ side of the Poconos right at 209 and 80

Buffalony
May 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM
http://www.flowerfieldinn.com/

BlueTyke
May 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Uh... Looking at that picture and the gravel mabye not... Though I do like the idea of the open area they have so we can 'party' or just sit out and chit chat... that would be nice.

Buffalony
May 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Uh... Looking at that picture and the gravel mabye not... Though I do like the idea of the open area they have so we can 'party' or just sit out and chit chat... that would be nice.

I thought the same thing about the gravel. I imagined someone dropping their baby. Still good imo :thumbup:

Nemy
May 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Not a bad place and a good price. I'm good for sharing a room and/or the floor. And if the gravel is just the driveway portion leading up I don't think it'd be too much of a problem...

BlueRaven
May 7th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I have a tent trailer but i have to modify it to bring the bike looks to complicated so i'm currently looking for a super lightweight under 2,000lbs camper. The only one i have found so far are only located in the ontario region but i'm not getting any response back from the people i inquire. The perfect one would be a 17' taylor coach sleeps 6-7.

c_anglada
May 8th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Btw I am coming up from northern Maryland.... According to the Pocono's website (http://www.800poconos.com/visitors/) its only 90 miles from NYC.. So I don't want to hear gripes from that end either!

You can also dl a map of the area. For some reason it didn't work for me but you can also order a map and info free so... yeah...

ok i dont know where your going with this but all i was saying is it doesnt matter how far from where we meet to where your going to stay for the night or so. no matter what you will have to travel to get to any of the fun roads and there are plenty of hotels within 20 miles of the poconos.

i picked the walmart in mt. pocono b/c i feel its in the center to alot of the roads and its easy to get to.

BlueTyke
May 9th, 2009, 07:36 AM
ok i dont know where your going with this but all i was saying is it doesnt matter how far from where we meet to where your going to stay for the night or so. no matter what you will have to travel to get to any of the fun roads and there are plenty of hotels within 20 miles of the poconos.

i picked the walmart in mt. pocono b/c i feel its in the center to alot of the roads and its easy to get to.

I was saying that if it is only 90 miles from NYC the people from Jersey shouldn't have a problem with meeting up at 8:30am. Also after looking at the map for a while the Poconos border on Jersey.

I have gone 90+ miles just to the start of a ride. But thats just me. Anyway.

If we go with the Flower Field Motel that is right near the Jersey side then it won't be that far for them to go.

Again if we do an 8:30 meet up it would be for Breakfast first. So that would probably give an hour to an hour and a half more to someone who is coming from further away before we actually leave on the ride itself.

c_anglada
May 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
ok i got what you are saying....that flower field motel seems to be ok for all of you. gravel is not that big of a deal so long as you go slow. i would also say try to find a place just outside of the poconos just cause it might be cheaper for everyone... i talked it over with some others i have invited and they seem to be down with doing a bbq if everyone wants. i know they had coal bbqs at the state parks near lakes we might be able to find a good place and have a little cook out. if this is something everyone wants to do i can find out more info.

Buffalony
May 10th, 2009, 06:29 AM
i talked it over with some others i have invited and they seem to be down with doing a bbq if everyone wants. i know they had coal bbqs at the state parks near lakes we might be able to find a good place and have a little cook out. if this is something everyone wants to do i can find out more info.

+1. Ninjette feast in the park sounds good. There is a lot of parks in the area, so there is deff. going to be bbq pitts and maybe some awnings.

BlueTyke
May 10th, 2009, 07:16 AM
That sounds good with me! I wouldn't mind pitching in to pay for some of it too!

So are we going with the flower field motel as the place to stay???

Buffalony
May 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM
That sounds good with me! I wouldn't mind pitching in to pay for some of it too!

So are we going with the flower field motel as the place to stay???

are we just going to book on our own?
I think if we have a head/room count we can get quotes and maybe a better price per person.

I'm 1
willing to share a room

BlueTyke
May 10th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I think getting a general head count for those staying is a good idea to see if we can get a lower rate.

I am 1 room 2 people (at the moment) and propably not going to share a room.. (phil snores reallly bad... )

sombo
May 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
That's a great idea. Some places do offer groups rates and discounts. You might be able to swing one if everyone books together as Ninjette.org Rally group.

Buffalony
May 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
That's a great idea. Some places do offer groups rates and discounts. You might be able to swing one if everyone books together as Ninjette.org Rally group.

Yup ;):thumbup:

BlueRaven
May 20th, 2009, 05:28 AM
I forgot to mention to all the canadians thinking of attending this rally to make sure you have an up to date passport as you will need one to cross the border as of June 01 2009.

Nemy
May 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Cmon people vote on a hotel!!! Dooo it! Dooo it now!!!

BlueTyke
June 1st, 2009, 02:01 PM
Alright I got my hotel/place to stay at HemlockCampgrouds. If anyone wants to join me there thats fine.

Now lets focus on a morning meet up location? Did you want to stick the Walmart that is close by?

Jersey folks chime in! Nows the time! We have 19 days!

Nemy
June 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM
WOW I didn't realize it's only 19 days away lol. You really lose track of time when you're unemployed lol :rolleyes: Any meet spot is fine with me though. Lets do this!

BlueTyke
June 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
arent you coming down with BR?

Nemy
June 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM
:bump:

any of you locals know a good place for tires and/or installation while I'm down there? I just had a good pre-trip check and seems like I burned quite a bit of rubber on the ride today. I should be able to make it down to PA but I'd probably want a new set for the ride home. Any help?

I haven't fully decided on the tire yet. but hoping for some prices similar to what I would get here - i.e. ~$200 for a set of bt-045

BlueRaven
June 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Tires should be way cheaper in the states than in canada and with the current exchange rate of 10% it would be a good deal.

Nemy
June 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
ya I'm mainly hoping someone locally knows a good place to ship it to and install it. Cause some local gems here can install for like $50.

BlueRaven
June 13th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Did anyone check the long term forecast yet?

BlueRaven
June 13th, 2009, 10:29 PM
1. Sunny
2. Nemy
3. BlueRaven

sombo
June 14th, 2009, 02:06 AM

any of you locals know a good place for tires and/or installation while I'm down there? I just had a good pre-trip check and seems like I burned quite a bit of rubber on the ride today. I should be able to make it down to PA but I'd probably want a new set for the ride home. Any help?

I haven't fully decided on the tire yet. but hoping for some prices similar to what I would get here - i.e. ~$200 for a set of bt-045

Steve's Cycle‎
RR 6 Box 9236, Moscow, PA‎
(570) 842-2879‎

That's where I got my speed demons put on at. They even gave me a lift home and then picked me up at my apartment since I couldn't find a ride. The price was good too, I think it was close to what you are looking for in installation price, but I can't remember and not sure where I have the recent atm. They are on 307 not far from I-380. I would call ahead and get things set up in advance since ordering and shipping can take awhile and they are actually a decently busy shop.

Buffalony
June 14th, 2009, 08:27 AM
1. Sunny
2. Nemy
3. BlueRaven
4. Buffalony

Nemy
June 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Steve's Cycle‎
RR 6 Box 9236, Moscow, PA‎
(570) 842-2879‎

Thanks sombo. I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

And from what I can see there's a 30% chance of rain on friday and 40% for sat and sunday... I hope your weather forecasters are better than ours :rolleyes:

BlueRaven
June 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Is the rally going to be rescheduled if it rains all weekend? I don't like riding in the rain. It rained so much during my gear up course all weekend that i had enough to last me a lifetime.

noche_caliente
June 14th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Don't worry guys - when it's like that, it usually means a 30-40% chance of a random thunderstorm running across the mountains - doesn't last too long, and nicely cools it down for the evening

Nemy
June 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
1. Sunny
2. Nemy
3. BlueRaven
4. Buffalony

*cough* noche *cough*

Buffalony
June 14th, 2009, 08:13 PM
4 riders??

Come on folks. Come and Join us.

Theres nothing to be afraid of.
Just a bunch of friendly strangers going on one beautiful relaxing ride (or more) with one obvious thing in common. I'm sure making a friend or two comes with the territory.

I know its fathers day weekend, but if you dont have plans and are reading this thread contemplating on coming or not. Please just join us. I'll give you $10. I'm positive it'll be an enjoyable, memorable adventure.

Sorry guys I had to attempt it atleast. :D
Theres so many members on the map in the NE region that I dont understand how we have only 5-6 riders on the head count. Not the picture I wanted to post after the ride, but guess it beats nothing and just me.

BlueTyke
June 15th, 2009, 07:48 AM
*cough* noche *cough*

I believe she is otherwise engaged. :D

1. Sunny +1
2. Nemy
3. BlueRaven
4. Buffalony
5. C_Anglada + a Few (I think)

As for so few I think it is because of Fathers day. Not everyone can just take their Fathers out to dinner and be happy with it.

M-Oorb still making it over from the Jersey side?

Nemy
June 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM
ya m-oorb and lavid have disappeared :(

BlueTyke
June 15th, 2009, 08:02 AM
PM them? If you did I won't...

Nemy
June 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM
PM them? If you did I won't...

lol didnt even think about that. What would we do without you?!?!

EDIT: you locals must be able to drag other people with 250s no? I tried up here... but noone else seems to be drawn in by the idea of a 7 hour ride down :rolleyes:

BlueTyke
June 15th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I am sure you would have thought of it eventually...

Don't forget to hit up the PA people too.. The new rider with her bf on the Harley that was retired or semi retired... See if she wants to meet up... The speed skater, might want to make it to the bbq (details on that are with C_Anglada)... (My master list of everyone who posted possibles is at home... ><' )

c_anglada
June 15th, 2009, 03:39 PM
im not a big fan of riding in the rain so i say reschedule if it comes to that so far sat is a 40% chance of T-storms which means its going to happen just a matter of when. i say we make a vote thursday night if the weather does not change

Nemy
June 15th, 2009, 03:49 PM
im not a big fan of riding in the rain so i say reschedule if it comes to that so far sat is a 40% chance of T-storms which means its going to happen just a matter of when. i say we make a vote thursday night if the weather does not change

Not sure how that's going to work out. Some of us already took days off and Sunny, for sure, has already booked out a cabin. I know BR, Joe and I were probably looking to book real soon too...

Riding in the rain sucks but traveling down 7 hours (13 for BR) to meet with 2-3 people would suck even more. How committed are people to a rain or shine event? Damn weather - anyone know how to do the sun dance?!

noche_caliente
June 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I would love to come up, but it's a REALLY long drive when you add a 4 year old into the mix, and then there's the problem of what to do with him and the hubby when we're all out riding... all in all, not the best combination :(

c_anglada
June 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Not sure how that's going to work out. Some of us already took days off and Sunny, for sure, has already booked out a cabin. I know BR, Joe and I were probably looking to book real soon too...

Riding in the rain sucks but traveling down 7 hours (13 for BR) to meet with 2-3 people would suck even more. How committed are people to a rain or shine event? Damn weather - anyone know how to do the sun dance?!

if you come i will ride but if it down pours im running for cover until it stops. i have a feeling it might rain at night than during the day. got a 60% chance for showers at night. now on the other hand im having a hard time with my carbs :mad: so hopefully i will have that all sorted out before sat.

kkim
June 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM
now on the other hand im having a hard time with my carbs :mad: so hopefully i will have that all sorted out before sat.

what's the problem? :)

c_anglada
June 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM
what's the problem? :)

well i removed the snorkel and shimmed the needles with and m3 washers. i used 1 washer and the low to mid range was bogging until i gave it 1/2 - wot so i added another washer a total of 2 on each carb still have the same prob. then i added .5 to each carb( i found an old jet kit for my atv that had an extra set of needles and flat washer with the c clip thingy) and still the same prob. i did notice when i pulled the spring out the washers got stuck(nothing crazy but still) some what to the white plastic thing thats in the spring. so im wondering if its that. and just to test i pulled the cover to the air box off and it seemed to run better.

kkim
June 15th, 2009, 07:35 PM
well i removed the snorkel and shimmed the needles with and m3 washers. i used 1 washer and the low to mid range was bogging until i gave it 1/2 - wot so i added another washer a total of 2 on each carb still have the same prob. then i added .5 to each carb( i found an old jet kit for my atv that had an extra set of needles and flat washer with the c clip thingy) and still the same prob. i did notice when i pulled the spring out the washers got stuck(nothing crazy but still) some what to the white plastic thing thats in the spring. so im wondering if its that. and just to test i pulled the cover to the air box off and it seemed to run better.
first- it's 3mm washers, correct?
second- mind explaining the bolded text?

washers look about this size when they are on the needle?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/SLkSz8IDsVI/AAAAAAAAA0E/b4DqoHye5fg/s512/DSC04542-1.JPG

BlueTyke
June 16th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I am thinking even if we get in a one - two hour ride it's good with me. Meeting folks is a good objective to me. We might not bbq but that doesn't mean we can't hit up some resturants... Or something.. But don't come on my account. If you bail though drop me a line so I know not to expect.

Again though rain or shine I am going to be up there.

c_anglada
June 16th, 2009, 07:21 PM
first- it's 3mm washers, correct?
second- mind explaining the bolded text?

washers look about this size when they are on the needle?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/SLkSz8IDsVI/AAAAAAAAA0E/b4DqoHye5fg/s512/DSC04542-1.JPG

yeah i fixed the carbs... yes i used a 3mm aka m3 flat washer. what i noticed is that there are different sized 3mm washers mainly the outside dia. and the thickness of the washer. basicly the washers i used to shim the needles were to big (outside dia.) even though its a 3mm flat washer it wedge its self in the white plastic piece that holds the needle down which caused the needle to get stuck or hung up every now and then. here is a pick of all the different 3mm flat washers i found feel free to use this pic for whatever reference

I am thinking even if we get in a one - two hour ride it's good with me. Meeting folks is a good objective to me. We might not bbq but that doesn't mean we can't hit up some resturants... Or something.. But don't come on my account. If you bail though drop me a line so I know not to expect.

Again though rain or shine I am going to be up there.

i agree

Nemy
June 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM

Can we get a firm go or no go vote or something on whether the rally is happening? The chances of rain are actually getting higher (now at 50%) and the headcount is only 5 of us + a few others. And if it rains, I'm sure we'll lose a couple too... and BR might have run into a coupla snags. And I don't want people to come out because they feel obliged to. So, I hope you guys understand, but as much as I love meeting new people, I'm not too keen on driving 7 hours in the rain for a small meet.

As of now, I'm leaning towards a cancel/reschedule. :(

jdkvice
June 17th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Yar, the rain is already here in northeast ohio. :(

BlueTyke
June 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Just checked Weather.com and it is still calling for 40% chance.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USPA1115?dayNum=3&from=weekend

noche_caliente
June 17th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I think you guys should still go - it's a great opportunity to meet folks that you've been chatting with and who ride the same bike. Even if you can't go for much of a ride, it's more about the people than the roads IMHO. And personally, I think it's kind of mean to say 5 folks isn't worth it, but that's just me. If I didn't have a 4 year old, I would be there in a heart beat, even if it would just be me and Sunny and Phil....

BlueTyke
June 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM
aww Kate! :hug:

I'll get down that way one of these days :D

Nemy
June 17th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I think you guys should still go - it's a great opportunity to meet folks that you've been chatting with and who ride the same bike. Even if you can't go for much of a ride, it's more about the people than the roads IMHO. And personally, I think it's kind of mean to say 5 folks isn't worth it, but that's just me. If I didn't have a 4 year old, I would be there in a heart beat, even if it would just be me and Sunny and Phil....

I knew I would be the bad guy for posting first but the meet was definitely more about the people than the ride. But I've checked the weather for my entire route down and I think BR has as well... and its a 7 hour ride (+border crossing, stops and food) in the rain just for me to get down there. If I was only a couple hours out, I'd be the first one there rain or shine.

Plus the plans with BR, Buffalony and I have changed so we no longer have an emergency vehicle/trailer and, I don't want to speak for them, but from our messages if it rains and BR can't get her trailer set up in time, they were probably also looking to cancel/reschedule.

And honestly I had a grand image of anywhere from 20-100 people. Again, no offense intended, but 5 people and the possibility of 2-3 isn't much motivation to ride 1400kms. But there's still plenty of time in the summer so I'd be perfectly willing to see a rescheduled event.

BlueTyke
June 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Apparently I had more realistic view of things. While there are a lot of people mapped in our areas this is still a small bored.

If we had twenty people I would have been blown away. 10 or so was what I was figuring. Just as this great forum started out with a few people it will grow in the years to come.

Either way it comes down to this... It is up to you. No one is going to make you go or make you stay.

I know that I probably won't be able to make any other time for a reschedule this year but then again I also know this most likely will not be the last meet ever either. There is always next year.

And Nemy your not a bad guy for suggesting the rescuedule. The part that hurt was saying it wasn't worth it to drive 7-8 hours to meet 5 people. That was what bothered me. Perhaps the next meet can be arranged in NY so it is less of a drive for you folks. Suggetions are always welcome to improve for the next time.

c_anglada
June 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM
well we need to come up with a decision i agree 7+hr trip is not worth it just to meet and ride either way let me know asap if you are coming or not so i can let my peeps know whats up

Nemy
June 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM
And Nemy your not a bad guy for suggesting the rescuedule. The part that hurt was saying it wasn't worth it to drive 7-8 hours to meet 5 people. That was what bothered me. Perhaps the next meet can be arranged in NY so it is less of a drive for you folks. Suggetions are always welcome to improve for the next time.

Ya sorry I think that came out wrong. When I said I wasn't too keen on driving 7 hours for a small meet I already had the knowledge that BR and Joe might not be available. And I was more referring to the fact that a bigger meet (i.e. 50 people) would have been easier to convince myself to drive 7 hours in the rain alone.

But I'm not sure if the meet is small because the board is small. Maybe if we do one closer to a metropolitan area next it might work for those unwilling/unready to travel distances on their bike... cause the thing that frustrates me is that we had 8 250s come out to my last meet but at most 5 for a meet that was scheduled 3 months in advance for the whole North East... and I'm sure all of us are kind of frustrated with that...

EDIT: ya sorry, I'll have to pull out chris

kkim
June 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM
what i noticed is that there are different sized 3mm washers mainly the outside dia. and the thickness of the washer. basicly the washers i used to shim the needles were to big (outside dia.) even though its a 3mm flat washer it wedge its self in the white plastic piece that holds the needle down which caused the needle to get stuck or hung up every now and then. here is a pick of all the different 3mm flat washers i found feel free to use this pic for whatever reference

<Sorry for the OT, people... just wanted to clarify something...>

Chris,

3mm refers to the outside diameter of the washer, so you can't have different sized outside diameter 3mm washers. All 3mm washers should measure, um... 3mm OD. :D

<now, back to your normally scheduled programming>
:)

BlueTyke
June 18th, 2009, 06:57 AM
There is always going to be a problem with distance for anyone really. With this particular one we choose twisties over convenence. It happens.

If there isn't going to be anyone let me know, I don't mind sleeping in on Saturday... (This is the last weekend before my trip to Cali...) So I don't mind either way.

c_anglada
June 18th, 2009, 06:15 PM
ok we are up to a 60% chance of rain the whole day with t-storms. i think its safe to say we should reschedule

BlueRaven
June 18th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Just found out that my new vehicle is no longer legal on the road as of midnight tonight. The dealership never requested a new registration for my personalized licence plates that is currently on it. So tomorrow i have to chase the dealership for my roof and the motor vehicles for a new registration. Just crossing my fingers that the cops don't scan my plates tomorrow. And lastly never received my passport so i can't cross the border. What a week. But on the bright side i did receive my new hitch carrier today and rode my bike all week just got my suv back tonight from my parents. Maybe i'll be able to make it next time.

Nemy
June 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'm passing on a text message I just got from Joe (Buffalony). His internet's been down the last coupla days (explains his absence :rolleyes:) but with the weather coming our way he's not going to be able to make it either.

Snake
June 19th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Just found out that my new vehicle is no longer legal on the road as of midnight tonight. The dealership never requested a new registration for my personalized licence plates that is currently on it. So tomorrow i have to chase the dealership for my roof and the motor vehicles for a new registration. Just crossing my fingers that the cops don't scan my plates tomorrow. And lastly never received my passport so i can't cross the border. What a week. But on the bright side i did receive my new hitch carrier today and rode my bike all week just got my suv back tonight from my parents. Maybe i'll be able to make it next time.

So what does your personalized license plate have on it?

BlueRaven
June 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM
TRUCKRZ means truckers....i'm starting to think that snake is not reading the threads just posting :p

Snake
June 20th, 2009, 03:39 AM
TRUCKRZ means truckers....i'm starting to think that snake is not reading the threads just posting :p

Yea your right BR I missed your post under the "personalized tags" thread. I think it was the green TRUCKERZ that threw me off. Any way here are some suggestions for your bike.

1) TRUKR = trucker
2) RAVEN = raven
3) LIL1N = Lil One

Buffalony
July 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM
This was upsetting. :(

BlueTyke
July 17th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Welcome back Joe!

sugarbear
July 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Chin up, Joe. I watched the posts and decided not to chance taking time off work to ride out east, not knowing IF there would be a Ninjette event or not. This Ninjette Rally thing is still in the infant stage. Now there is a whole year to plan for a 2010 rally!:thumbup:

Buffalony
July 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Welcome back Joe!

Thanks Sunny. Glaaaad to be back.:D

Chin up, Joe. I watched the posts and decided not to chance taking time off work to ride out east, not knowing IF there would be a Ninjette event or not. This Ninjette Rally thing is still in the infant stage. Now there is a whole year to plan for a 2010 rally!:thumbup:

I broke up a vacation week for the event. :(
Cant wait to have a serious meet one day. :rolleyes:
BTW: didnt know you were watching.....u ninjette stalker :D

One day we all shall meet. That day all will smile.

sugarbear
July 21st, 2009, 06:57 AM
Stalker? Who, me??? No, I'm MOSTLY a Lurker and generally harmless :D
Back on topic: Sometimes it takes awhile to organize an event, but once the ball gets rolling and the word is out, people will come around.
Sorry you gave up vacation time and the Ninjette Rally didn't happen :(
Now there's time to make it happen for next year!:thumbup: