View Full Version : New Rider from El Paso

Neuro
March 9th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Just finished all the paperwork on my 2014 Black ninja 300 ABS. It was definitely an experience dealing with my dealer.... First they tried to bully me into getting a 636, which I loved, but I knew I didn't care to ride on such a big bike yet, having had a 250 for about 3 months before I sold it for a PCS move out here to Texas. Finally got them to leave me alone about getting a 300, found out they had the bike marked up $300 from MSRP and then wanting to tack on about $2000 in dealer fees.... 0.o The originally quoted me out the door for $7,400, was able to talk them down, by threatening to drive an hour to get a cheaper price. But I got out the door with $6500 and a full set of new gear adding up to about $750. Not the best deal I've heard of, I am happy with it though.

Just waiting to get the bike delivered, they originally planned to have a sales associate ride it out? (Is that Normal, seems like a huge insurance risk on their end) Then I got a call later Saturday about how this person, fell on a bike moving it around the dealership because of wind. So still haven't got my bike, might just go get it myself with a friends truck instead of dealing with them anymore.

Either way, super excited to get my bike and start riding again, I've taken the MSF before, but my command is requiring me to take it again before they will let me ride since its been over a year, whatever, thats next week.

Anyways, glad to see theres such an active community out there these bikes, hope to get to know some of y'all.

~Neuro

komohana
March 9th, 2014, 01:33 PM
hey neuro
congrats on the purchase! hopefully you'll :ride: soon..

welcome to the boards :yo:

csmith12
March 9th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Welcome Dustin!

Gratz on the new bike, hope it gets home safe.

DEFY
March 9th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Welcome!!!

allanoue
March 9th, 2014, 05:02 PM
http://mcneillelementarypto.digitalpto.com/files/2013/10/welcome_hey.jpg Dustin

dcj13
March 9th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Welocme! And congratulations on the new bike!

ForceofWill
March 9th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Welcome!

After your BRC you should sign up for the MSRC. Its a much better course and even better that its free for us. Not sure how your branch does it but its actually mandatory 60 days after BRC in the Navy.

KJohnson21
March 9th, 2014, 09:09 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

Snake
March 9th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Hello and welcome.

Neuro
March 10th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Welcome!

After your BRC you should sign up for the MSRC. Its a much better course and even better that its free for us. Not sure how your branch does it but its actually mandatory 60 days after BRC in the Navy.

In the Army, atleast on Ft. Bliss (Things change based on station) It's every year, and since at the time of signing up, I didnt have a bike, and it's been over a year since BRC they told me to just retake. Which I'm fine with.

Kscreations08
March 10th, 2014, 09:52 PM
So I bought my bike used from my Baby Momma. Is this how a dealer usually operates? Having associates ride the bike after purchase, randomly tripping over it like the family cat, delaying delivery... :confused: Makes me a little worried.

Somchai
March 10th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Hi Dustin,
a warm welcome.
40 years ago I had a wonderful time in El Paso (and the other side of the border).
Enjoy the sample of the song from a fantastic El Paso singer http://www.nash-city.de/misc/specials.php

nickjpass
March 11th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Welcome!

Motofool
March 11th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Just finished all the paperwork on my 2014 Black ninja 300 ABS............

Welcome to Ninjette.org, Dustin !!!

Congratulations on the new bike :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

greenaero
March 11th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Welcome Dustin!