View Full Version : 09 MotoGP tipping Comp (Ideas) *** SPOILERS ***

miks
April 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
G'day ladies and Gentlemen,

I think we need to make some kind of tipping competition for the 2009 MotoGP. I'd think for the MotoGP followers, it would be quite fun. So if anyone has any ideas on how this is to work, spit it out :)

Go Stoner! :D

rceezy
April 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I vote Rossi and Lorenzo, all the way. Rossi of course is my choice to win.. I'm down for whatever's decided! If we decide to discuss the race in any threads, *SPOILER* should be added to the titles so that anyone who hasn't seen the race and doesn't want to know who won without having watched it, will NOT open the thread!

Whooo hoo, Let's Ride!

Alex
April 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Rossi of course is my choice to win.

Agreed! :thumbup:

miks
April 12th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Ew, Rossi fans!

Stoner is going to open up a can of whoop ass and hand it to Rossi!

Alex
April 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Sure, but if Rossi passes him too close Stoner might well up in tears and complain that Vale is actually making him work for his wins. ;)

miks
April 12th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Thats if Rossi can pass him!

CC Cowboy
April 13th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Since I'm a Ducati fan I have to support "The Stoner". Since Rossi makes me look good (goofyest mug in racing) and I have to support anyone with a name like Valentino, I have to ask if Yamaha is using that weird firing order on their MotoGP bikes. Since I am a US citizen I have to support Hayden and Edwards.

Kurosaki
April 13th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Ew, Rossi fans!

Stoner is going to open up a can of whoop ass and hand it to Rossi!

Thats if Rossi can pass him!

I'll forgive you because you're australian and so is Stoner. ;)

Alex
April 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I have to ask if Yamaha is using that weird firing order on their MotoGP bikes.

Yamaha has been using a cross-plane crank on the M1 ever since Rossi first joined them in 2004. The 2003 M1 didn't use it.

miks
April 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Stoner won by 8 seconds!

Where was Rossi? Thats right, behind STONER! WOOO!

Alex
April 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Mike - please don't post up race results without making sure *** SPOILER *** is in the thread title, and not just your post title. The race itself won't be broadcast until tomorrow morning in the US. I watched it live on motogp.com, but most folks won't.

miks
April 13th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Oops, my bad Alex. I just assumed that all you fellas would of had it broadcasted. Thanks for the heading change!

Alex
April 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM
No worries. :thumbup:

Alex
April 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Check out the lovetap DeAngelis gave Pedrobot. This .gif doesn't really capture how fast they were going either. They are exiting a fast turn and are both at well over 100 mph at this point... :eek:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/512253307_UVEXK-L.gif

As much as I hate Dani, big props to him for keeping it upright (even if it was as much luck as reflexes).

miks
April 14th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Holy crap, what a skillful rider.

Wonder who's in front, looks like one of the Suzzi boys.

Alex
April 14th, 2009, 02:37 AM
That's Vermeulen up there; Capirossi had already crashed out earlier in the race. Dani was dropping back as he was having some issues with his front tire, and Vermeulen had just passed him. De Angelis tried to come along as well, and drifted wide right into Dani.

miks
April 14th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Thought it was him, but then I thought he had a yellow-ish helmet. Good on Dani for keeping that bike upright.

Also, how did a .gif get made so quick and how the heck do you make one? :)

Alex
April 14th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I saw the .gif on another site; I can't take credit for making it. If you search for "animated gif" on google, there are a ton of sites out there with different tools to help you make one. Some free, some not so free.

sometimesido
April 14th, 2009, 06:18 AM
saw the race last night. yea that slide was questionable.