View Full Version : Ninjette.org Rally South Central, May 23rd

Snake
April 13th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hey guys. So I think the general consensus is that we should def. have a ninjette.org rally and that the easiest way to accomplish this is to split us all up into regions since we're all kinda spread out. I thought I would start a South Central thead and see how many people are interested and what ideas you might have. I figure South Central would include: Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Arakansas & Louisiana. Now I think that no one should be limited to which ride they want to attend. The more the merryer I always say...so if someone is close enough to make the ride then come on along.

I figure we can choose the meeting place based on your ideas and / or where the majority of the people are located. So help me out. I want to meet some Ninjette people.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Place: Fulshear
Date: May 23rd
Time: 10 A.M.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fulshear+texas+restaurant&sll=29.691632,-95.880775&sspn=0.156579,0.255775&ie=UTF8&ll=29.690066,-95.89983&spn=0,359.90344&z=14&layer=c&cbll=29.690067,-95.899985&panoid=ViEY4MNHxKsC4d8m5-mwPA&cbp=12,265.6678221825887,,0,12.039999999999987

We will meet behind the gas pumps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fulshear+texas+restaurant&sll=29.691632,-95.880775&sspn=0.156579,0.255775&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=29.690067,-95.899985&panoid=ViEY4MNHxKsC4d8m5-mwPA&cbp=12,293.7653831581984,,0,1.3936585365853613&ll=29.690961,-95.89983&spn=0,359.929619&z=14

Snake
April 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
:bump2:

Nauboey
April 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I'm in TX, and i'm up for a rally :) Just need the info that everyone agrees on... where and when. I guess we'll figure that out when we know who all can go. :thumbup:

Snake
April 13th, 2009, 07:03 PM
The more people we get involved the closer we will be to a venue. Lets see how many more people are interested and what ideas they have but at least we've got a start.

chess
April 13th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty far north (almost Oklahoma) and am absurdly busy, but I'm interested if we pick something reasonably close.

Nauboey
April 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty close to you. I'm in abilene which is only like 2-2.5 hrs. :)

I'm pretty far north (almost Oklahoma) and am absurdly busy, but I'm interested if we pick something reasonably close.

xTKx
April 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Where's all the south central peeps?!

http://chadcottle.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/peeps.gif

I'm trying to wait until I get beyond my "break in" time before I really start to rack up the mileage, but other than that I'd be totally down for a ninjette rally!

I'm not too familiar with other places around, so we need to first of all identify a specific location (city), then try and find ammeneties around (camp sites, hotels, stores, stuff to do, etc.). What do you guys think? Any specific ideas?

hieuster
April 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
That sounds like fun! I'm from Houston, but Texas is a big country, ahem I mean state. Hey Rick, I'm only 4 hrs away from you (~250 miles).

Snake
April 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I was thinking a good meeting place could be Dallas or Houston. All depends on where the majority of the people want to meet.

xTKx
April 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Sounds good. So, thus far we've got you (Rick) in LA (the state, not the city :p), one in way north Texas, one west of Dallas (in Abilene), one in Houston, and myself in Georgetown, almost dead center between Waco and Austin.

We're a pretty spread out group. My vote is that we get a little more people enthused about the rally before we pick a spot. It's going to be tough trying to accomodate all, but I think the more people that are confirmed and going, the more someone will be willing to make a longer trip (if necessary). Just my :2cents: :D

Strange
April 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm in Austin and would be down, that is if I'm not working or any other jazz.

DirtyDave
April 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Mississippi here and depending on the place and time, I'd be interested.

GreezMunky
April 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I'll be coming up with Nauboey if he goes.. And if the almighty military gods says it's alright.

Snake
April 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I'm still not sure of the location yet. We may see which location is in the middle of everyone interested or put it up for a vote as to where people would like to go.

For the date, how does Saturday April 25th sound to everyone?

GreezMunky
April 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
lol I just scheduled my ERC class for that day today.

Snake
April 15th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Well that date is just an idea. Still have to see what everybody else thinks. If you can think of a better date please throw it out there for review.

xTKx
April 15th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I was thinking some time next month ... or even June! :eek: I think trying to coordinate as many things we have to do in just over a week isn't really enough time. Only reason why I say this is b/c it'd be cool (if lodging is required), for all of us to stay in the same hotel ... not the same room, just the same building. Or if it's outdoors to get several campsites close to each other, you know, stuff like that. Coordinating things like this (with a larger amount of people) takes a little time.
Not only that, but the farther out you put it (with an official date), the more people you can get interested to come. That way, also, we can get friends of ours interested to come so that we can introduce them to the Ninjette community as well.

Sry for the long post :o Just thought I'd share my opinion ... :D

Snake
April 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I agree with your thinking. Lets try and come up with a date either in may or june and then we'lll come up with a meeting place.

bob706
April 15th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Depending on the date, I'd be up for a road trip. I got my name in the hat for the south east ride too, but there is no firm date for that ride either. Dallas is about 11 hours from me and Houston is about 9 hours.

ohthatsgood
April 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
mississippi here. i'm in if summer classes aren't killing me.

edit: saw the april 25th suggestion... definitely can't do that as i will be in nashville at a dave matthews band / jason mraz show.

hogfan83
April 16th, 2009, 12:34 AM
im no longer a ninjette rider but it would also be helpful if people looked for bike/car shows in their area at the time of the meet.

kkim
April 16th, 2009, 12:37 AM
im no longer a ninjette rider but it would also be helpful if people looked for bike/car shows in their area at the time of the meet.

you sell the bike? if so, update your ad on this forum.

Snake
April 16th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Just throwing a date out for review by all. How does may the 23rd sound?

If not then please make a suggestion and we'll try and get a consensus.

ohthatsgood
April 16th, 2009, 07:21 AM
if we end up picking a texas locale, that will actually be better for me since i'll be in el paso that weekend.

xTKx
April 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Hey everyone,

I think Michael had a good point about meeting at an already exising event so all of us can then hang out there, then go for our own ride later. This way (also), we can plan ahead a date and meet at a specific place. Here's what I've found so far.

List of Bike Events in TX (http://www.lets-ride.com/event/texas.htm) This is a quick list of events all over the state of TX. Nothing really caught my eye, but let me know what you guys think.

Just doing quick searches, it looks like there a quite a few different sportbike rallies in Iraan, TX but I think we've already missed out on that one this summer ... possibly. (I'll double check).

Or even something like Central Texas Heatwave (http://www.heatwaveinc.com/) if you guys are interested. Only issue with that is that I won't be able to make it to the time in Austin, but the time in Houston is right in the middle of June.

Just some suggestions though I think all of us are open to additional ones. Post em up!

Oh yeah, welcome to the board Jessica!! :D

Mo1981
April 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I'm in DFW and I'm down for whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Apex
April 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Me and long rides don't get along. My hind-quarters does not appreciate the stock seat much, but I don't want to pay for the upgrade. :)

Local Houston area stuff, that is fine with me. :D

Ollie
April 16th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Me and long rides don't get along.

Local Houston area stuff, that is fine with me. :D

Heck, we could get together and take a ride up 249 & 3090 and back around 390 and . . .

I know all the good roads around here, since I was the Ride Planner for the local SCRC chapter for several years.

I'm sure you have ridden 3090???

Snake
April 16th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Can you give us some rcomendations on getting this Ninjette rally going?

hogfan83
April 16th, 2009, 11:49 PM
you sell the bike? if so, update your ad on this forum.

the bike is not sold yet but it is in the hands of a kawi dealership that is very confident in selling it for more than i asked sooner than i asked..

things have taken a dramatic turn for the better...apparently she wanted me to sell it to get me a different bike...

kkim
April 16th, 2009, 11:53 PM
cool! :thumbup:

was she fibbing about being pregnant, too? :D

Nauboey
April 17th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Just throwing a date out for review by all. How does may the 23rd sound?

If not then please make a suggestion and we'll try and get a consensus.

May 23rd would work for me. :thumbup: Or one of the first two weekends in June (June 6th or 13th)

xTKx, The sportbike rally in Iraan, TX is tomorrow... (April 18th)

hogfan83
April 17th, 2009, 08:58 AM
cool! :thumbup:

was she fibbing about being pregnant, too? :D

haha...no

xTKx
April 17th, 2009, 09:59 AM
May 23rd would work for me. :thumbup: Or one of the first two weekends in June (June 6th or 13th)

xTKx, The sportbike rally in Iraan, TX is tomorrow... (April 18th)

Dang it! :doh: I knew it was soon! It looked like a pretty nice rally... well, maybe next year! :D

Snake
April 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM
From reading the posts it looks like most people agree on May the 23rd. Only problem we may have now is where to meet? Can someone help out here as I do not know Texas very well ? I am open to just about any meeting place and even a different date if it makes things easier for all.

Nauboey
April 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
From reading the posts it looks like most people agree on May the 23rd. Only problem we may have now is where to meet? Can someone help out here as I do not know Texas very well ? I am open to just about any meeting place and even a different date if it makes things easier for all.

Well lets take alook at what locations everybody is from and decide on a centralized spot from there... we have:

RCURIEL- Alexandria, LA (Central LA)
CHESS- Wichita Falls, TX (North TX)
Nauboey- Abilene, TX (Central TX)
GreezMunky- Abilene, TX (Central TX)
xTKx- Georgetown, TX (lower-Central TX)
hieuster- Houston, TX (South-East TX)
Strange- Austin, TX (lower-Central TX)
DirtyDave- South MS (South MS)
bob706- Mary Esther, FL (West FL)
ohthatsgood- MS (MS)
Mo1981- Keller, TX (East TX)
Apex- Houston, TX (South-East TX)
Ollie- Houston, TX (South-East TX)

Did I miss anybody or does anybody know of others not listed here that would like to participate?

From what it looks like here,I think somewhere East Texas would be fair. Can we start a poll on a date for sure? it looks like only a couple of the many people who are in this said yes to May 23rd. Does anybody have a desired location to meet? Let's get some recomendations and do a poll on that too.

Snake
April 19th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Poll My vote:

Date: May 23rd.
Place: Houston

Snake
April 20th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Everyone please give me your thoughts.

Verus Cidere
April 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Uhm...... Don't mean to be a party crasher or anything, but I'm a southern NM kid that gets out of school the 20th! :( So far as I know, there is no southwest rally (which is wierd, 'cause there's a crapload of socal peeps on this forum!!) so this one's my best bet. But I can't make east Texas, especially not 3 days after school gets out.

bob706
April 21st, 2009, 06:13 AM
Everyone please give me your thoughts.

If something comes up between now and then I'll take my name out of the hat but for now, count me in. I will probably have to leave late afternoon of the 22nd because of a prior obligation but what the heck.

Snake
April 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Uhm...... Don't mean to be a party crasher or anything, but I'm a southern NM kid that gets out of school the 20th! :( So far as I know, there is no southwest rally (which is wierd, 'cause there's a crapload of socal peeps on this forum!!) so this one's my best bet. But I can't make east Texas, especially not 3 days after school gets out.

You are more than welcome to join us. If it's too far for you, you might want to think about starting a South West Rally thread and see who's interested.

xTKx
April 22nd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Hey everyone,

Just checking to see if anyone has any new ideas or dates which may help us all decide where to meet and on what dates. It looks like a majority have decided on the 23rd of May. Honestly, I won't be able to make it that soon, but as I said at the beginning it's going to be next to impossible to try and get a date where everyone can go. If that's what you guys decide I'm not worried about it. I can still help plan and coordinate things.

I know I'll meet all of you guys ... some day! :p

Mo1981
April 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
If the date ends up being May 23rd, I will need to bow out as I will be in Hawaii then. Woooo!!! If it's any consolation, I will think about all of you while I'm chilling on the beach. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Snake
April 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
I am open to suggestions. For those of you that can't make it for May 23rd please give an alternate date. Perhaps some time in June. I also would not mind meeting up more than once, perhaps May 23rd and onother date in June.

M-Oorb
April 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM

Well then start a SW thread :thumbup:

Snake
April 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
So who's all in for May 23rd, somewhere around Houston?

bob706
April 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
I'm in for 23 May in or around Houston. Just need a specific time and place and poc.

Snake
April 23rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Hey everyone,

Just checking to see if anyone has any new ideas or dates which may help us all decide where to meet and on what dates. It looks like a majority have decided on the 23rd of May. Honestly, I won't be able to make it that soon, but as I said at the beginning it's going to be next to impossible to try and get a date where everyone can go. If that's what you guys decide I'm not worried about it. I can still help plan and coordinate things.

I know I'll meet all of you guys ... some day! :p

Tony, can you please suggest a good meeting place around Houston for May the 23rd at 10 a.m. ? Any help you can give is most appreciated.

hieuster
April 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
I'm up for the 23rd! Any specific location yet?

Snake
April 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
I'm up for the 23rd! Any specific location yet?

No location yet. Can you help me with that since you're from Houston?

xTKx
April 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Tony, can you please suggest a good meeting place around Houston for May the 23rd at 10 a.m. ? Any help you can give is most appreciated.

Sure Rick. I'm not from Houston and don't know the area very well, but after a tiny bit of research I've found a couple of resources ya'll might be interested in:

Ride Idea (http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/SouthWest/TX/TX_25.shtml) <--This looks like a pretty cool ride report from someone. I don't know exactly how far away it is from Houston (don't have the time right now), but it looks like Fulshear, TX might be a pretty cool spot.

Visit Houston Texas (http://www.visithoustontexas.com/media/press_releases.php?id=481) <-- This is a list of things to do around Houston. Maybe you guys can come up with some creative ideas using these places!

Danny might be the best person to ask since he's in Houston. What do you think Danny?

Snake
April 27th, 2009, 02:20 PM
:bump:

Trying to see if more people are interested and someone from Houston please suggest a place to meet.

wazioc
April 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Another couple from Houston here, my Fiance is the one with the 250R

Strange
April 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Are we looking for something downtown or outskirts? I prefer outskirts simply because I hate Houston and it's law enforcement. (Was born there. :D )

bob706
April 28th, 2009, 07:43 PM
+1 for the outskirts. :thumbup:

wazioc
April 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I like the outskirts too, I avoid downtown like its the plague. Sadly I think I'll have to go through downtown to get anywhere good... but I'll get over it.

xTKx
April 29th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Are we looking for something downtown or outskirts? I prefer outskirts simply because I hate Houston and it's law enforcement. (Was born there. :D )

+1 for the outskirts. :thumbup:

Yeah, I like the outskirts too, I avoid downtown like its the plague. Sadly I think I'll have to go through downtown to get anywhere good... but I'll get over it.

Did you guys take a look at the link in my previous post that says "ride idea?" Someone talked about their journey through Fulshear, TX and said they had a blast. It's about 25-30 miles west of Houston if that's far enough outside of town for you guys. Let us know what you guys think seeing as most of us are not from H-town. :D

Welcome to the boards Nick (and fiance)! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Snake
April 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Did you guys take a look at the link in my previous post that says "ride idea?" Someone talked about their journey through Fulshear, TX and said they had a blast. It's about 25-30 miles west of Houston if that's far enough outside of town for you guys. Let us know what you guys think seeing as most of us are not from H-town. :D

I'm all for the Fulshear. Just give me a gate and time and I'll be there.

Apex
April 29th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Heck, we could get together and take a ride up 249 & 3090 and back around 390 and . . .

I know all the good roads around here, since I was the Ride Planner for the local SCRC chapter for several years.

I'm sure you have ridden 3090???
Nope. I've been sticking to the west side for the most part. :)

bob706
April 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Fulshear sounds great. Are we settled on a time/date yet?

Apex
April 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM

Right around there is Brookshire, just outside of Katy. There are a few fun roads back there too.

xTKx
April 30th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I'm all for the Fulshear. Just give me a gate and time and I'll be there.

Fulshear sounds great. Are we settled on a time/date yet?

Right around there is Brookshire, just outside of Katy. There are a few fun roads back there too.

Cool, so it sounds like Fulshear might be the way to go then. We can just stick to the "original" date then and say May 23rd. As I had said in a much earlier post, I probably can't go that date, but I'd be more than willing to coordinate from afar for you guys.

Snake
April 30th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Cool, so it sounds like Fulshear might be the way to go then. We can just stick to the "original" date then and say May 23rd. As I had said in a much earlier post, I probably can't go that date, but I'd be more than willing to coordinate from afar for you guys.

That sounds great:

Nauboey
April 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM
That sounds great:

Finally!!! +1 :D

Apex
April 30th, 2009, 06:01 PM
That sounds great:

I should be able to handle that. :D

I can ride out there this weekend and find a meeting spot if needed.

Apex
April 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I think this portion of the parking lot is still there. Let me know if this is ok.

It is that area right by the gas station. Should be decent since it is right by a shell on a corner if you want name brand gas.

Click for Google Street View (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fulshear+texas+restaurant&sll=29.691632,-95.880775&sspn=0.156579,0.255775&ie=UTF8&ll=29.690066,-95.89983&spn=0,359.90344&z=14&layer=c&cbll=29.690067,-95.899985&panoid=ViEY4MNHxKsC4d8m5-mwPA&cbp=12,265.6678221825887,,0,12.039999999999987)

EDIT: The road on 1489 and 1458 are just great to ride on. 1489 is my favorite though!

Snake
April 30th, 2009, 06:17 PM
That sound great!! We now have a specific meeting spot. I will probably need gas by then so that will work perfect!

Apex
April 30th, 2009, 06:22 PM
That sound great!! We now have a specific meeting spot. I will probably need gas by then so that will work perfect!
I'll double check it and make sure it is there.

Apex
April 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Sure Rick. I'm not from Houston and don't know the area very well, but after a tiny bit of research I've found a couple of resources ya'll might be interested in:

Ride Idea (http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/SouthWest/TX/TX_25.shtml) <--This looks like a pretty cool ride report from someone. I don't know exactly how far away it is from Houston (don't have the time right now), but it looks like Fulshear, TX might be a pretty cool spot.

Bypass the low left section of the ride map.

A really fun, and one of the few twisty roads out there is 1489. You absolutely CANNOT miss that road. :)

If I want a quick ride, I always head down a little ways to 1489. You can drag a knee through some of those corners...just remember to take it easy some!

Visit Houston Texas (http://www.visithoustontexas.com/media/press_releases.php?id=481) <-- This is a list of things to do around Houston. Maybe you guys can come up with some creative ideas using these places!

Danny might be the best person to ask since he's in Houston. What do you think Danny?

What do people want to do? If batting cages and putt putt golf are desired, I know of a place. I know of eateries in Katy, TX (I live there). Fulshear is a bit out my range.

Snake
May 1st, 2009, 09:00 AM
I very much look foward to meeting you all. I we'll have a great time.

Apex
May 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
I very much look foward to meeting you all. I we'll have a great time.
That space next to the gas station is an actual road. There is still enough space where we could fit in 20+ motorcycles with no issues at all, but we'd have to be in that space behind the pumps. :D

I can find another spot if anyone desires. I was down there today scoping it out. If you all want to meet up closer to I-10, I know of a place that has plenty of room (359 and I-10).

bob706
May 1st, 2009, 10:35 AM
That space next to the gas station is an actual road. There is still enough space where we could fit in 20+ motorcycles with no issues at all, but we'd have to be in that space behind the pumps. :D

I can find another spot if anyone desires. I was down there today scoping it out. If you all want to meet up closer to I-10, I know of a place that has plenty of room (359 and I-10).

I have fulshear locked in my gps but if you find a better spot let us know.

Apex
May 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
I have fulshear locked in my gps but if you find a better spot let us know.
Original Location:
Smaller venue, somewhat easy to find since it is by the only stoplight in Fulshear. :)
Click for Google Street View (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fulshear+texas+restaurant&sll=29.691632,-95.880775&sspn=0.156579,0.255775&ie=UTF8&ll=29.690066,-95.89983&spn=0,359.90344&z=14&layer=c&cbll=29.690067,-95.899985&panoid=ViEY4MNHxKsC4d8m5-mwPA&cbp=12,265.6678221825887,,0,12.039999999999987)

This is just up from it in Brookshire.
Click here for map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=brookshire+texas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.505383,65.478516&ie=UTF8&ll=29.776987,-95.950427&spn=0.009778,0.015986&z=16&layer=c&cbll=29.779309,-95.951321&panoid=qENIiKamii8W-GUhEog7Cw&cbp=12,316.18181076240637,,0,3.0671140939597303)
The Flying J is a huge place, and it too has a Shell station in the corner. It is also just off of I-10. It doesn't matter to me, I know where both places are. :D

Another option is the park I scoped out earlier...
Here is where it is. No gas right by it, but the gas isn't far since it is just up the road from the original location.
Click here for map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=brookshire+texas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.505383,65.478516&ie=UTF8&ll=29.697429,-95.902276&spn=0.009357,0.015986&z=16&layer=c&cbll=29.697583,-95.902445&panoid=TMFUPGsAeRiilMj1Gpuepg&cbp=12,236.5206924883618,,0,4.607382550335571)

I'm down with whatever you all decide! Just throwing some options out there. I know where all this stuff is, some others may not. So the ones that don't are the ones that need to decide what is easier. :)

xTKx
May 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM
I'm glad we're all finally deciding on a specific time and place!!! :woot:

Now, if only I can convince my wife to come and clear the weekend .... :rolleyes:
I highly doubt it this time around but I really hope to make it out sometime soon!

Edit: Though I'm probably not going, I think the park is a really good spot Mark. It's kind of out of the way a little bit, doesn't look like too much traffic, and if it's not too far away from the gas station/ammenities I think it'd be a perfect spot.

Snake
May 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM
^^^^^ Tony you have done a bunch to help put this togrther. If you can't make it for this on there is no reason why we can't have onother meet up at onother date.

Apex
May 1st, 2009, 11:46 AM
How would this do for a ride? These roads have nice scenery, and some have some really nice turns. Starts in Fulshear, then goes out from there.

Here is the map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Fulshear,+TX&daddr=Brookshire,+TX+to:FM-1093+%26+Simonton+Rd,+Fort+Bend,+Texas+to:FM-1458+%26+Farm-To-Market+Road+1093,+Wallis,+Austin,+Texas+77485+to:3305+Commerce,+San+Felipe,+TX+7 7473+(Stephen+F+Austin+Golf+Association)+to:fm+1458+and+359+to:brookshire,+tx+90 +and+359&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3BFRLfxAEdNoFH-g%3BFRlyxAEdXnhG-g%3BFbyZxgEdbJ9F-iHFU9ONUMl_vA%3B%3B&mra=ls&sll=29.884338,-95.748661&sspn=0.625103,1.023102&ie=UTF8&z=11)

This is by far my favorite ride to take. Google estimates 1:45 ride time.

bob706
May 1st, 2009, 03:37 PM
Google estimates 1:45 ride time.

What about the rest of the day?????:D

Apex
May 1st, 2009, 06:41 PM
What about the rest of the day?????:D
I'm sure things could be thought of. It all depends on what people fancy. I know I can't do a full day attendance. I have a great deal of projects going on right now around the house. I can attend the ride and maybe lunch. After that I'd have to split and head back home.

addy126
May 5th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Got your invite on your "welcome" posting Rick. I'd love to join on May 23 however its my 7 days on schedule at work... Thurs thru Wed. I live for the 7 days off part! Working 1/2 the year @ full pay.... "I love the medical field" !! :eyebrows:

Snake
May 5th, 2009, 09:14 AM
No prob. Maybe you can make the next one which may be in Dallas or onother city depending on where everyone fron the South Central region decide. I just like to get people together and meet new fiends.

Also, Congats on being the 700th member!!! Yea!!

xTKx
May 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Got your invite on your "welcome" posting Rick. I'd love to join on May 23 however its my 7 days on schedule at work... Thurs thru Wed. I live for the 7 days off part! Working 1/2 the year @ full pay.... "I love the medical field" !! :eyebrows:

Yikes! :eek: I thought my 12 on/12 off schedule was bad when I worked for the local Sheriff's Dept in county lock up corrections. What do you do Addy? Nurse, EMT, paramedic? How long is your shift?
I've always wanted to be a firefighter, but I'm just not sure if it's feasible at this time... :(

GreezMunky
May 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Hey Rick, is there any way you can edit your original post with the time/place/date we're doing this thing and any other useful info please? Lil easier to find info that way instead of having to dig through this thread. Thank you!

Snake
May 5th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Will do.

Snake
May 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM
The date, time, place and map has been added to the first thread.

Apex
May 6th, 2009, 10:37 AM
The date, time, place and map has been added to the first thread.
Just make sure you note that the huge piece of concrete is a street, and we will meet behind those gas pumps. I don't want anyone parking their bike in the middle of the road! :D

Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fulshear+texas+restaurant&sll=29.691632,-95.880775&sspn=0.156579,0.255775&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=29.690067,-95.899985&panoid=ViEY4MNHxKsC4d8m5-mwPA&cbp=12,293.7653831581984,,0,1.3936585365853613&ll=29.690961,-95.89983&spn=0,359.929619&z=14)

Snake
May 6th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Ok I will add that also.

wazioc
May 6th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Lookin good so far... We had talked about doing a backpacking trip over memorial day weekend thouhg :( Not sure what we'll decide on in the end, but hopefully we can come out and meet you all since we' only about an hour away (Assuming we arent out camping somewhere)

Snake
May 6th, 2009, 12:33 PM
You can camp and ride. Heck I may need a place to stay Saturday night and camping underneath the stars sounds like a good idia to me!

Snake
May 10th, 2009, 02:22 PM
We are going to stick with the Fulshear location at 10 a.m. on the 23rd. I added dates, times, location and maps on my first post. Looks like we are going to have about 10 bikes.

Ollie
May 10th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I'm trying to wait until I get beyond my "break in" time before I really start to rack up the mileage, but other than that I'd be totally down for a ninjette rally!

How to break in a Ninja:
1. Warm up engine thoroughly while riding to a nice back road.
2. Spank that little puppy till it hollers!!! Make good use of the 9K - 11K power band. Redline it a few times.
3. Take milk and cookie break, then ride it at 70 - 80 mph for a while to get to some more good back roads.
4. Repeat # 2.
5. Repeat # 3.
6. Repeat # 2 & #3 all day long.

Go home and get a good night's sleep
Repeat # 1 - # 6.

It will be broken in, and running like a champ.

Ollie
May 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Looks like we are going to have about 10 bikes.

:leanedover:

Apex
May 10th, 2009, 04:12 PM

:leanedover:
Allright! :becky:

Snake
May 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
^^^^^^^ Awesome!! The more the merryer!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Snake
May 18th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I am watching the weather forecast very closely. So far they are calling for scattered thunderstorms which is typical this time of year. I will keep watching and keep everyone informed.

bob706
May 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I got caught in some rain this past weekend - on a two mile long bridge - not fun at all. If I can't pick up some rain gear before this weekend I may have to bail on this trip.

Snake
May 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
No prob I understand. I'm crossing my fingers that the weather will be good.

Apex
May 18th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I hope to get the bike put back together by this weekend. Not only that, but I need to break in the new tires before I even think about taking it out when it is raining.

bob706
May 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM
just took a look at the forecast for this weekend and its calling for all kinds of rain along the whole gulf coast. i'll keep checking the next two days and if it doesn't look i'm not gonna chance getting rained on for 600 miles. hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Snake
May 20th, 2009, 01:39 PM
just took a look at the forecast for this weekend and its calling for all kinds of rain along the whole gulf coast. i'll keep checking the next two days and if it doesn't look i'm not gonna chance getting rained on for 600 miles. hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I hear ya. I have been watching the weather closely as well. Friday at noon I will make the call whether I'm going or not.

sometimesido
May 20th, 2009, 04:08 PM
could have been 12...ah well.

Snake
May 21st, 2009, 04:38 AM
I just took a look at the long range forecast and they are calling for thunderstorms all weekend. Unfortunately this means we will have to cancel the Rally.
Can one of the locals from either Houston or Dallas take the lead and start planing onother ride for sometime in June? I realy would like to meet as many of you all as possible, ride amd compare bikes.
Thanks for everyones input.

Nauboey
May 21st, 2009, 06:16 AM
:( this sucks

bob706
May 21st, 2009, 06:45 AM
If this gets rescheduled for june I'm game for all but the first weekend.

Snake
May 21st, 2009, 06:48 AM
If this gets rescheduled for june I'm game for all but the first weekend.

Cool. Lets get onother discusion going and then start onother thread once we get a date, time, place, etc.

Alex
May 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. Darned weather! :(

Snake
May 21st, 2009, 09:34 AM
Yes this pattern of raining on the weekends has got to change!!!!!

Nauboey
May 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM
How about the 2nd weekend of June the 13th?

Snake
May 21st, 2009, 01:49 PM
June 13th will work for me.
Everyone please post your ideas / suggestions.

bob706
May 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM
My wife says I can go the second weekend in June. :thumbup: I don't really need her permission, I'm just saying. Maybe the motorcycle gods will spare us the rain that weekend.:pray:

Apex
May 22nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
I won't be able to make it on the 13th, anniversary weekend. I will be busy all weekend long.