View Full Version : Quick question

kennetht
March 26th, 2014, 08:46 AM
When initially turning the key to on before starting the bike, the temperature warning light should illuminate correct? I cant remember if it should, but if I remember correctly, I think it should.

Since changing my dash bulbs to leds this weekend, I noticed the temperature warning light no longer turns on when turning the key to on. Prior to the change to LEDs, i believe the temperature warning light did illuminate when turning the key to on.

I think I put the led bulb in backwards, so I will need to switch it around next chance I get.

jkv45
March 26th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I can't say for sure in your case, but typically all of the "idiot lights" illuminate on most vehicles when you turn the key to the ON position to tell you that they are all working and not burned out.

OregonBob
March 26th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Yes... The temp light does come on when the key gets turned to the on position...

alex.s
March 26th, 2014, 10:54 AM
i'll have to take the black tape off of the lights on my dash and see if they come on when i first start it.

kennetht
March 26th, 2014, 11:39 AM
i'll have to take the black tape off of the lights on my dash and see if they come on when i first start it.

why do you have black tape on the lights of your dash?

kennetht
March 26th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Yes... The temp light does come on when the key gets turned to the on position...

thanks! i actually found it in the manual as well. says the temp light should turn on after turning the key. i guess I put the led bulb in backwards. I will rotate the bulb this weekend.

Question answered. Thanks guys