View Full Version : Help Tankpad

KVR
April 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Does anyone here know how much the A-TECH Type-R Carbon Fiber Tankpad costs USD? And what is the difference in the Type-R and Type S pad? I want the pad that "Beast" aka Chris has and believe it's the Type-R.

kazam58
April 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Just go to their website and convert their price from Yen to dollars, and then add about $40 to that because of shipping and other fees. And yes, Chris has the Type-R. I'm 99.9% certain that the only difference between them is the shape.

KVR
April 14th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Yea but there's 4 drop down lists which one is it? there's "black frp" "C" "CK" "TC" i have translated on google but still doesnt make any sense

kazam58
April 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
The last one. I forget exactly which, I'm pretty sure it's TC.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
He has the carbon fiber Type-r in TC. I have the type S in TC. The price came to around $84 including shipping and the two cost the same. The only difference is that the Type-S shape conforms almost directly to the tank. The Type-R comes up a little bit on the top so it makes the tank look slightly different.

KVR
April 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks that's a huge help! Do you have a picture of your Type S pad that I can look at?

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 14th, 2009, 09:22 PM
If you go to the' cf bling' thread or the' post a pic of your tank protector' thread there are some shots of my bike. Just look for my posts.sorry cant post any from my phone right now
Posted via Mobile Device

Ninja007
April 15th, 2009, 12:19 AM
He has the carbon fiber Type-r in TC. I have the type S in TC. The price came to around $84 including shipping and the two cost the same. The only difference is that the Type-S shape conforms almost directly to the tank. The Type-R comes up a little bit on the top so it makes the tank look slightly different.

hey jj player, just a quick question man...when I use a currency converter for the price they have on there website for the Type-R in TC (10,290円) it comes up as $104+ dollars...how did you get yours for $84?!? :eek: I want to buy the Type-R but I want to know how to get it for $84. :D Also, do you just buy it straight from there website or did you have to contact them and tell them you don't speak Japanese and they set up a Paypal transfer? Let me know man, thanks!

p.s.> how did the jet kit install go? PITA, isn't it? :p

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 15th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Jake- I bought it straight from them. I sent an email to info@a-tech.org I think. The address comes up when you click "contact us." As far as the price, I'll have to try to dig up my paypal invoice but I remember they created an invoice for me and when I paid through paypal, it automatically converted it to yen and that was the amount it cost me in US $. Everytime I've ordered from them, the price they quote me through email is always a little bit less than what is posted on their site. I have no idea why. It was the same when I bought the hugger.

Ninja007
April 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
hey Chris ~ ok, cool! if it's cheaper then it's cheaper, no complaints here! :D how is that hugger working out for you? does it still "rattle" a little here and there or did you find a solution?

tinng321
April 15th, 2009, 08:49 AM
what is their website?
thnx.

why so much for tank pad?

M-Oorb
April 15th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Its not a tank pad like what you think a normal tank pad is. Its more of a tank cover I guess you would say? Covers half the tank closest to you. Oh yea and its made out of carbon fiber haha. If you do a search on the forum and type in a-tech tank cover carbon fiber I'm sure it'll come up
Posted via Mobile Device

kazam58
April 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM
btw, thought I'd throw this in there, the Type-R is more expensive than the Type-S...look at their site, you'll see. That's how JJ got his for less than the $104 that you quoted.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I thought they were the exact same price but kazam is right! My bad. It makes sense though since the Type R has more carbon fiber at the top and according to Beast it makes the area above the tank a little bit higher by about 2 inches. Here is a pic of mine. It pretty much curves forward with the shape of the tank. It is conformed almost exactly to the tank shape. The Type R makes the tank look like it has a whole different shape.

Also, here's the link that shows what materials match up to the different letters like TC.
http://www.a-tech.org/shop/sample.html

KVR
April 16th, 2009, 02:22 AM
okay so I contacted A-TECH and have a work order up for the tankpad...is this a good deal? $130 shipped.....:confused: The 84-104 sounded better from what others got on here. Is it worth it or should I pass.

miks
April 16th, 2009, 03:31 AM
If you feel like you're getting ripped off - don't buy it. If not, get that sucker and post up some pictures :)

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 16th, 2009, 05:28 AM
It depends on what type of protector and how bad you want that particular look. Is that $130 price for the Type-R including shipping?

KVR
April 16th, 2009, 05:57 AM
yep that $130 is for the Type-R and the shipping is included. Total to get on my doorstep = $130.

Ninja007
April 16th, 2009, 07:13 AM
$130 eh....I'm saving up for one of those right now, guess I'll just have to save a little longer...:D

Rocketman
April 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM
everytime I log on here I find one more thing to add to my list....and I thought my snowmobile was a money pit !

kkim
April 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
....and I thought my snowmobile was a money pit ! it is, but it's a one season money pit. The bike is a 3 season pit and depending where you live, a four season. :D

welcome to the forum.
:)

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 16th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I compared the two types and I asked Beast about his. I decided I'd rather just get the Type-S and use the extra money towards the rear hugger. there is a difference between the two protectors, but it wasn't big enough of a difference for an extra $20 IMO.

miks
April 16th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Type R sounds so much cooler! But yeah, if the difference is not substantial enough, and you're going to be taking a huge hit in your hip-pocket; get the Type S.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I guess the best way to tell would be to look at them side by side. Here are the pics.

miks
April 16th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm assuming the Type R one has the 'hump'?

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
yup. The type R is in the 2nd and 4th pics

miks
April 16th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Wow, changes the whole shape of the tank. Probably would feel weird at first.

Ninja007
April 16th, 2009, 08:51 PM
actually, I talked to Beast about the Type-R and he says you can't even really feel it. I like the shape the Type-R gives the bike - a little more edgy feeling, so I'm gonna go with that! :thumbup:

miks
April 16th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Oh fair enough. Remember to post up some pics when you get it installed :)

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah its really a matter of preference. I actually prefer the type R also, but not enough to drop the extra cash. At the time I bought it though, I thought they were both the same but I went with the type S to be different.

andrewwoo
April 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
oo man! i really want it..