View Full Version : Cheating on ninjette.org

Nemy
April 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM
So who else is spoiled with the toolbar's "View New Posts - Since last visit"? Everytime I log on, that's the first thing I hit and I don't even bother to go through the individual forums anymore :o

sometimesido
April 14th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I just click Unread Posts and do it over and over.
:D

kkim
April 14th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I just go to the "unread posts" button, instead.

miks
April 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Same as Kelly and Chris, just hit the 'Unread POst' button! Works a treat.

Alex
April 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Not sure if everyone already knows this (if so forgive me and ignore this tip), but after you hit that unread post link and the list of threads comes up, if you hit that small down arrow to the left of each unread thread, it will immediately take you right where you last left off within that thread. If you hadn't seen that thread at all before, it takes you to the top of thread.

I right-click on each of those down arrows and open up a bunch of my unread threads as new tabs, read 'em all, closing the tabs as I'm done with each, then I just hit the unread posts link again when I'm down to the last tab. And I keep doing it until there aren't any unread posts left. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. :)

Nemy
April 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
sweet, just saved myself 1 click!!! :rolleyes:

Kurosaki
April 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
The new posts button and auto subscribe to threads I post in as my main uses no matter what forum I'm on. I frequent far too many forums(8+) to try to go through each section of each forum 1 by 1.

Snake
April 15th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I prefer to use the unread posts button as well.