View Full Version : Converted my 300R to handlebars

R.M.Maltbie
March 30th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Just want to thank Renthal and Competition Werkes for their support with this project!
http://motoinked.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/img_2044.jpg?w=604&h=402

http://motoinked.com/2014/03/30/part-3-of-project-ninja-turtle-300r-handlebar-conversion/

Only issue was the front brake line from the master cylinder to the ABS unit. It looks like CoreMoto makes extended lines for the ABS unit, so I'm hoping that will fix the issue. Otherwise, it was a successful installation! I'm so excited!

Next up? Remove the front cowlings and sell to get the Showyomoto alien headlight! And other fighter goodies!

*Oh, and I switched to synthetic oil in light of recent rumors of motors blowing up. I commute 50 miles one way, averaging 85 mph (9.5K rpms in 5th gear. Gotta love CA traffic right?). According to the folks at Kawi, the synthetic oil should help prolong the shelf life of my engine. But now that I'm waiting for brake lines, the 300 gets a break.

Anyone do any motor mods to their 300's?

dcj13
March 30th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Looks good!

Sirref
March 30th, 2014, 07:58 PM
oh ****. what are these rumors of motors blowing up that you speak of? I'm scared now.

Alex
March 30th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Nice job!

JohnnyBravo
March 30th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Yea what's all this motor blow up madness?

Kscreations08
March 30th, 2014, 08:08 PM
I've never seen this or heard of it before so I'll be the one to bite the hook. Why?

choneofakind
March 30th, 2014, 08:31 PM
5th gear? There's one more to go. :p

Alkeplar
April 2nd, 2014, 03:24 PM
oh ****. what are these rumors of motors blowing up that you speak of? I'm scared now.

It happens... to all makes and models of anything with an IC engine. Random failures, I would say you should have nothing to worry about. That is why the manufacturers provide warranties and such. It has happened to a few, but only 3-4 that I have directly read about in forums or anything. .

Alkeplar
April 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Just want to thank Renthal and Competition Werkes for their support with this project!
http://motoinked.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/img_2044.jpg?w=604&h=402

http://motoinked.com/2014/03/30/part-3-of-project-ninja-turtle-300r-handlebar-conversion/

Only issue was the front brake line from the master cylinder to the ABS unit. It looks like CoreMoto makes extended lines for the ABS unit, so I'm hoping that will fix the issue. Otherwise, it was a successful installation! I'm so excited!

Next up? Remove the front cowlings and sell to get the Showyomoto alien headlight! And other fighter goodies!

*Oh, and I switched to synthetic oil in light of recent rumors of motors blowing up. I commute 50 miles one way, averaging 85 mph (9.5K rpms in 5th gear. Gotta love CA traffic right?). According to the folks at Kawi, the synthetic oil should help prolong the shelf life of my engine. But now that I'm waiting for brake lines, the 300 gets a break.

Anyone do any motor mods to their 300's?

Street fighters are definitely not my favorite style of bike, but the really tastfully done ones are pretty awesome! Keep us updated, I'm interested to see what you can do with your 300 ;)

alex.s
April 2nd, 2014, 03:27 PM
what are you talking about? 300 motors don't blow up.

Alkeplar
April 2nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
Everything blows up. "On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".... I would apply that to bikes as well. haha, but it's not at all a common thing. If it were, there would be recalls and such to correct the issue. No worries my friends, no need to panic! :):boom:

capt_bugaloo
April 2nd, 2014, 03:42 PM
The 250 is known to be a very solid, reliable motor. I would think the 300 would be similar....

ninjamunky85
April 2nd, 2014, 05:54 PM
what are you talking about? 300 motors don't blow up.

obviously it's unblowupable :rock:

Sirref
April 2nd, 2014, 07:38 PM
It happens... to all makes and models of anything with an IC engine. Random failures, I would say you should have nothing to worry about. That is why the manufacturers provide warranties and such. It has happened to a few, but only 3-4 that I have directly read about in forums or anything. .

I'm now much happier in my 5yr warranty investment, esp considering that I will likely have the bike beyond said warranty. Or it will belong to my older brother at that point but time will tell.

cbinker
April 2nd, 2014, 07:59 PM
shift into 6th gear to relieve the engine of exploding.