View Full Version : Speed! Help

Amsler457
April 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
Need more low end torque and acceleration. What are some affordable upgrades / mods i can do. Even the smallest ideas are greatly appreciated!! Thanks all :)

cbinker
April 2nd, 2014, 06:39 PM
turbo busa.

Amsler457
April 2nd, 2014, 06:42 PM
Turbo busa?

csmith12
April 2nd, 2014, 06:53 PM
:pop2:

DaBlue1
April 2nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/shiphteey/250vs690002.jpg

Amsler457
April 2nd, 2014, 07:22 PM
Da blue that's real cool. How's it work?

mrb
April 2nd, 2014, 07:25 PM
stickers will help too.

Sirref
April 2nd, 2014, 07:40 PM

It gives you a boost every time you shift, just like in fast & furious. that's why they're always shifting even into 10th and 11th gear.

Alex
April 2nd, 2014, 08:06 PM
/moved to new-gen tech

(not about ninjettes at the track)

jcgss77
April 2nd, 2014, 08:32 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/shiphteey/250vs690002.jpg

Love how that bike has NOs and yet still has the stock dunlop tires...bald...:rotflmao:

Need more low end torque and acceleration. What are some affordable upgrades / mods i can do. Even the smallest ideas are greatly appreciated!! Thanks all

Your bike is already black, there is no way to make it faster...

unless you wreck it, then you get to buy an r6. Best torque mod you can do to the screaming scooter!

dcj13
April 2nd, 2014, 08:36 PM
Smaller front sprocket. Bigger rear sprocket. Cheap!

Kscreations08
April 2nd, 2014, 09:20 PM
Sprocket swap, while it seems to be the only legitimate answer in this thread of trolls :rolleyes:, is a compromise. What you gain in initial pickup, you lose in top end speed. Then again, do you need to do 100 mph? :thumbup:

cbinker
April 2nd, 2014, 09:37 PM
Sprocket swap, while it seems to be the only legitimate answer in this thread of trolls :rolleyes:, is a compromise. What you gain in initial pickup, you lose in top end speed. Then again, do you need to do 100 mph? :thumbup:

i dont know, with a 250 asking how to get more power is like asking how to make a Miata less gay.

ChaoSS
April 2nd, 2014, 09:49 PM

Keep in mind that you are also going to increase your freeway rpms. Not a good thing if you do any real amount of highway riding.

Kscreations08
April 2nd, 2014, 09:51 PM
i dont know, with a 250 asking how to get more power is like asking how to make a Miata less gay.

or asking how to get better gas mileage with a Hummer

jcgss77
April 2nd, 2014, 09:55 PM

This.

OP-Ok, if you haven't been reading and researching, which if you are asking this question, you probably aren't, then here you go-Whenever you "add" performance, you have to rob something else, that way there is balance. You do the sprocket swap, and get tons (comparatively speaking) of torque.

What you give up: any use of 1st gear you had, and lower top speed, as your bike will be running at higher rpms to achieve the extra torque, and gas mileage. If this is no concern to you, then by all means, go for it. Be sure that if you replace the sprockets, do the chain as well.

To shoot straight, you will not get much more performance out of your bike. But honestly, 0-60 is achieved faster than probably 80-90% of the other cars out there. If you can't keep up with a stock ninja, you really need to learn how to ride it. I don't know your experience, but let me ask you this-do you modify your car to squeeze out all the torque you can get out of it? What I am saying is simply put, yes, you can spend thousands in getting your ninjette up to 40 hp, or you can simply save yourself the work and frustration as it probably won't run the way you envision it, and buy a bigger bike. I would not recommend this though if you are a beginner rider.

Word of advice: You do know what stickies are, right? Use them. They are there for a reason. I linked a site to you in your turn signal thread, read it and get knowledgeable. Then, ask any questions you will have, you will find the answers to be much more agreeable. Use the search function too, there is a lot of information on this website, as well as the wiki. And, welcome to ninjette.org!

jcgss77
April 2nd, 2014, 10:09 PM
It gives you a boost every time you shift, just like in fast & furious. that's why they're always shifting even into 10th and 11th gear.

:heh:

I lol'd

Jiggles
April 2nd, 2014, 10:18 PM
Whenever you "add" performance, you have to rob something else, that way there is balance.

This is the law of equivalent exchange, there's no way around this unless you have a philosophers stone.

ChaoSS
April 2nd, 2014, 10:18 PM
or asking how to get better gas mileage with a Hummer

Easy. Get it from a skinny chick that doesn't add too much weight to the vehicle. Or were you talking about a different type of hummer?

psych0hans
April 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM
You could add a full exhaust + jetting - airbox + k&n 0990 filter... That should get you started in the right direction. Doing all this will cost you a lot of $$$ and the results will be far from drastic... Just keep that in mind...

cbinker
April 2nd, 2014, 11:27 PM
either someone has a miata, or they have no sense of humor.

Kscreations08
April 2nd, 2014, 11:54 PM
either someone has a miata, or they have no sense of humor.

Dont worry Binkie. The powers that be are working on making the voting public.... well.... public =)

Sirref
April 3rd, 2014, 12:02 AM
miata = car equivalent of the ninjette
handles well, does everything you want and need it to within reason, is fun to drive, gets great mileage, but you always want that little bit more power hahaha.

cbinker
April 3rd, 2014, 01:44 AM
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/attachments/f221/139434d1260691100-lotus-miata-mazda-miata.jpg

DaBlue1
April 3rd, 2014, 05:39 AM

:rotflmao:

This particular NOS(drink) bottle works by opening the cap and drinking the highly caffeinated, lightly gaseous liquid inside. Once ingested, the liquid will help to increase your clutch/throttle performance. Extra twisting of the throttle combined with some modest modifications to the engine (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=673298&postcount=3) may produce 1-3 extra ftlbs of actual useable torque (actual results may vary).

BTW, WELCOME!

CC Cowboy
April 3rd, 2014, 06:28 AM
:rotflmao:

This particular NOS(drink) bottle works by opening the cap and drinking the highly caffeinated, lightly gaseous liquid inside. Once ingested, the liquid will help the increase your clutch/throttle performance. Extra twisting of the throttle combined with some modest modifications to the engine (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=673298&postcount=3) may produce 1-3 extra ftlbs of actual useable torque (actual results may vary).

BTW, WELCOME!

I was thinking afterburners.

adouglas
April 3rd, 2014, 06:57 AM
FULL exhaust/jet/filter/kleen air delete/snorkel delete will give you gains that are truly noticeable if not huge in an absolute sense. The stock bike only puts out about 25 hp to the rear wheel. Get that up to 29 hp (easy to do) and you've got a big jump percentage-wise.

Cost: figure about $700 all up. Less if you can find a used exhaust.

You can also rev higher and get the bike up into the power band. That's free.

iZapp
April 3rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
Lol I love the irony of someone who rides the slowest sportbike on the planet making fun of miatas. You do realize of course that the corollary is that the ninja 250 is considered the miata of the biking world? (Haha yes I own a miata)

Jiggles
April 3rd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Dont worry Binkie. The powers that be are working on making the voting public.... well.... public =)

I down voted you

Jiggles
April 3rd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Damn they are making it public

subxero
April 3rd, 2014, 12:44 PM
iZapp whats speed and riding a slow bike got to do with it? Don't think cbinker said anything about Miata's not being really fun, just that they can not be made less gay.

Think of it this way, getting **** faced, stripping down to your underwear and getting all oiled up and wrestling your closest guy friends in a royal rumble fashion would most likely be pretty fun.....gay as hell though.

crazymadbastard
April 3rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
^ speaks form experience?:grouphug:

If you are fat may want to lose weight, else get a bigger bike.

subxero
April 3rd, 2014, 01:01 PM
^ don't knock it till you try it :thumbup:

and FYI I won that ****, championship belt holder 2 yrs running :first:

cbinker
April 3rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
Lol I love the irony of someone who rides the slowest sportbike on the planet making fun of miatas. You do realize of course that the corollary is that the ninja 250 is considered the miata of the biking world? (Haha yes I own a miata)

the 250 isnt my only bike. :D and yes i already knew all that.