View Full Version : ninja 250 won't run video included

possession
April 4th, 2014, 12:33 AM
a-tVW59UiI8

please help me out. It's my first bike. it ran fine when I bought it a couple weeks ago. I just bought a brand new battery but that did not solve the problem. last time it ran i released the clutch to start riding and then it died. ever since then the bike has not started.

Sirref
April 4th, 2014, 01:20 AM
sounds like it might be the starter
try to push start the bike and get back to us, if it works then it's the starter and if it doesn't then the problem needs further diagnosis. I'd also check the spark plugs.

NinjaZX6R123
April 4th, 2014, 03:16 AM
I agree. It's probably the spark plugs or starter. I'm leaning more towards spark plugs. Get the NGK Iridium and replace the plugs.

rojoracing53
April 4th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Oh god that sound is killing my soul :(

It doesn't sound like your piston is moving any air through you exhaust, you know that slight thumping sound before a bike cores up. Your starter motor seems to be spinning but it sounds like solenoid that fires the gear for engament is not firing or your gears are striped. Or maybe your audio is just crap.

Try this
Put your hand over the exhaust outlet and try starting the bike, you should feel puffs of air. If you don't your starter isn't turning your motor.

kennetht
April 4th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Oh god that sound is killing my soul :(

i was just thinking the same thing when i watched the video. when he tried for a second time to start it i was like, noooooooooooo

Vad18
April 4th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Sounds like a similar problem to my jetski.
Definitely not the battery because gauges light up, and when you want to start it is "spinning" the starter.

I don't know if all is the same with my jetski, but had a starter solenoid on my jetski and that went out. So power goes from battery, to starter solenoid, to starter, and that's "cranks" your engine. Just something you could check out if all the other possible problems don't seem to work.

csmith12
April 4th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Sounds like somebody needs a starter clutch/chain. A 2nd/3rd gear push start will tell the tale.

csmith12
April 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
What's the werd? Will the bike push start?

alex.s
April 5th, 2014, 09:28 AM
i listened to the video. one of two things happened; either the bike is making literally no compression, maybe no spark plugs. but it seems too fast for that. more likely, the starter paw gear that slides forward and back had cracked or is stuck slid out and is not engaging the starter so the starter is just spinning and spinning. should be able to tell by push starting it like chris said

Asspire
April 5th, 2014, 09:36 AM
open oil fill cover and watch the clutch basket when you hit the starter, if it turns - no compression, if it does not - starter is fubar.

risingsun
April 5th, 2014, 09:30 PM
starter is not engaging at all. I have a similar problem but it is due to a bad battery, when I throw it on the charger it works fine. I would try that if it only starts after a full charge I would check the plugs next.

possession
April 8th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Im taking it to the shop tmmrw we shall see

cuong-nutz
April 9th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Starter gear is not engaging.

$75 diagnosing fee. I take, cash, check, money order, paypal, cashier's check.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126333

csmith12
April 9th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Starter gear is not engaging.

$75 diagnosing fee. I take, cash, check, money order, paypal, cashier's check.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126333

So... up for grabs is $75

Jason beat us booth (although worded in a strange way)
I was second on this, naming it explicitly
Comes now, Elan
Cuong is 3rd in line and included supporting link

:lolsign:

rojoracing53
April 9th, 2014, 09:13 AM
So... up for grabs is $75

Jason beat us booth (although worded in a strange way)
I was second on this, naming it explicitly
Comes now, Elan
Cuong is 3rd in line and included supporting link

:lolsign:

Well if I just tell someone the answer strait up they end up wondering why it is so or how I know. So I normally just answer with the reason instead of the answer, alas that still confuses people :doh:

You can go ahead and sent the $75 via paypal or a rear IRC 300 tire in great condition.

possession
April 13th, 2014, 05:07 PM
its the starting gear. Its gonna cost me 567$... plus something else they said was wrong with the petcock so that will be fixed as well. oh well. Thanks though guys.

csmith12
April 14th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Dang! Dealer not cutting you any slack I see.

cuong-nutz
April 14th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Ouch. Best of luck to you and I hope they do an awesome job!