View Full Version : aloha from hawaii!!!

hzrnbgy
April 17th, 2009, 04:19 AM
been checking out the forums for a while now, just decided to join so i can be a part of this wonderful community of ninjas :)

anyway, i passed my MSF and got my class2 license (motorcycle) the same day in july 2008. got my first bike the day after. it was a yellow 2004 ninja 250R. absolutely loved it!

http://hzrnbgy.homeip.net/tipidpc/ninja1.jpg

a month ago, i got my second bike and guess what, its the new 2009 ninja 250r.

http://hzrnbgy.homeip.net/tipidpc/ninja5.jpg

i havent done any performance mod yet but im planning to do a shim as im getting a new exhaust (HMF slip on, fell in with love the roaring sound) hopefully by april 20. good thing we have a database of DIY mods posted somewhere. thanks for the people that made it possible.

anyway, heres a pic of my two babies

http://hzrnbgy.homeip.net/tipidpc/ninja11.jpg

aloha!

kkim
April 17th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Aloha and welcome, H. :D

some nice bikes you got there... but I no see any green ones.

good to have another braddah in the group... we be taking over the forum soon. too bad the super ferry decided to stop running... spoiled our plans for a Hawaii meet. :(

mahalo
:)

Alex
April 17th, 2009, 04:24 AM
:welcome: hzrnbgy! Glad you found us...

TnNinjaGirl
April 17th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Gorgeous 09. I like the color. ;)

Nemy
April 17th, 2009, 08:50 AM
nice choice! First time I've seen yellow rim tape and it looks good :thumbup: Welcome to the forums. If you had joined in the winter time you mightve gotten some evil stares :rolleyes:

Flashmonkey
April 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Welcome! I dunno if i've mentioned this yet, but I'm insanely jealous of you hawaii folks and your sweet sweet weather :p

BlueTyke
April 17th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Snake
April 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome. I see we are getting more and more people from Hawaii here.
HHHMMM maybe we'll have to have a rally there and invite everyone to come.

komohana
April 17th, 2009, 07:57 PM
howzit!

one mo' brudda? shuuuuwah!

aloha & welcome in! :yo:

miks
April 17th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Welcome mate, another member of the Hawaiian invasion! :p

hzrnbgy
April 17th, 2009, 11:38 PM
a rally in hawaii would be really cool. i heard the big island has some serious blacktops to burn rubber in

too bad the super ferry decided to stop running... spoiled our plans for a Hawaii meet.

i know, i was actually planning to take my bike to maui for some serious joyriding but i heard they shut the ferry down...

Sound Wave
April 18th, 2009, 12:29 PM
oh oh.... someone else with a ninja 250, a mustang, AND living in hawaii???!!!! unreal! lol.

welcome to the forum.

ninjabrewer
April 18th, 2009, 05:24 PM
If you had joined in the winter time you mightve gotten some evil stares :rolleyes:

Not from me...:p Welcome to the boards, glad to see another Hawaii rider here. We will have to get a get together of the Oahu chapter of ninjette.org before I leave paradise. Where do you live? I live in HMR, near the Dole plantation.

nb

bounceya
April 18th, 2009, 05:36 PM
been checking out the forums for a while now, just decided to join so i can be a part of this wonderful community of ninjas :)

anyway, i passed my MSF and got my class2 license (motorcycle) the same day in july 2008. got my first bike the day after. it was a yellow 2004 ninja 250R. absolutely loved it!

http://hzrnbgy.homeip.net/tipidpc/ninja1.jpg

a month ago, i got my second bike and guess what, its the new 2009 ninja 250r.

http://hzrnbgy.homeip.net/tipidpc/ninja5.jpg

i havent done any performance mod yet but im planning to do a shim as im getting a new exhaust (HMF slip on, fell in with love the roaring sound) hopefully by april 20. good thing we have a database of DIY mods posted somewhere. thanks for the people that made it possible.

anyway, heres a pic of my two babies

http://hzrnbgy.homeip.net/tipidpc/ninja11.jpg

aloha!

You will love it after you shim it,I used two #3 shims on each carb,I have a hmf slip on and it sounds great.

Strider
April 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Another Islander???? LOL - They are taking over!!!

:welcome: to the forum :)

miks
April 18th, 2009, 07:26 PM
The invasion has begun!

Set up your defenses, and prepare to fight!

Sound Wave
April 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM
The invasion has begun!

Set up your defenses, and prepare to fight!
damn, you are on to us. under the command of kkim, we have been slowly bringing in one person at a time so as not to raise any suspicion. but now that our secret is out, you give us no other choice.

attack!!!! :D

miks
April 18th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm by myself on this one! The Yanks have left deserted me!

Attack my army of Kangaroos, attack!!!!!

ninjabrewer
April 18th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I'm by myself on this one! The Yanks have left deserted me!

Attack my army of Kangaroos, attack!!!!!

now this is great, win or lose.....KANGAROO STEAKS :D

nb

miks
April 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Oh no, I have nothing left :ibeenripped:. I surrender :yield:, please take it easy on me - I'm delicate. :hellokitty:

ninjabrewer
April 18th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Oh no, I have nothing left :ibeenripped:. I surrender :yield:, please take it easy on me - I'm delicate. :hellokitty:

To be sure, you must dismantle your war making machinery.... and have a HUGE cookout.

Kangaroo steaks anyone??????

nb

PS How are those anyway? Or are they not edible?

miks
April 18th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Roo steaks are beautiful, not as tender as some other meat because of the crazy ass jumping around the roo does. But its dam tasty on a barby.

Sound Wave
April 18th, 2009, 11:35 PM
we are getting way off topic, but i didn't realize they even made leather products using kangaroo until i got into motorcycling. who would have thought.

miks
April 18th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Too many roos causing havoc over here, farmers already have it tough with the drought and all, now the roos are destroying their land and crops. Government has culled them a few times, glad to see they're doing something with them.

I wonder how the roo leather stands up to the cow leather.

ojameyo
April 21st, 2009, 09:36 AM
Welcome!! I am giong to be in Hawaii next month... maybe I will see you around

kkim
April 21st, 2009, 09:41 AM
Welcome!! I am giong to be in Hawaii next month... maybe I will see you around

which island? :)

ojameyo
April 21st, 2009, 09:43 AM
UMMM LOL. We will be in Honolulu. My husband will be working at one of the air force bases there.

kkim
April 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM
how long will you be there?

g21-30
April 21st, 2009, 09:52 AM
I love that color ('09)! Bet it will catch on. It must be a very FAST bike. :D

ojameyo
April 21st, 2009, 09:55 AM
I will be there from 24 May to 4 June. He is going to be working during the week, so I am on my own.

how long will you be there?

KJohnson21
April 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
:welcome:

kkim
April 21st, 2009, 12:27 PM
I will be there from 24 May to 4 June. He is going to be working during the week, so I am on my own.

Hopefully, some of the Oahu 250 riders will see this and come to your rescue. :D

Rynownd
April 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Welcome!

So, I'm curious... what's the point of 2 250s? Are you planning to keep them both?

As for the roo vs. cow leather talk. I've had a pair of roo leather soccer cleats for the longest time. Love them! Soft and durable!

ojameyo
April 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
Yes, please come to my rescue please!! I won't have anyone to hang with out there. My husband will be working

hzrnbgy
April 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM
I will be there from 24 May to 4 June. He is going to be working during the week, so I am on my own

if i still have the yellow ninja by then, you are welcome to borrow it and we can cruise around the island

ive been meaning to go around the island for some time now on a bike but havent got the time yet as i go to school and work full time all the time. lol

hzrnbgy
April 21st, 2009, 03:45 PM
So, I'm curious... what's the point of 2 250s? Are you planning to keep them both?

i'm keeping it for now as my brother is using it to learn. i have converted him into riding a bike.

ojameyo
April 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
OH You are awesome!! I was thining about renting a bike, but it is sooo dang expensive to do that.

ninjabrewer
April 21st, 2009, 11:08 PM
OH You are awesome!! I was thining about renting a bike, but it is sooo dang expensive to do that.

Not sure about renting a ninjette, but I know that you rent a HD, although you are right, they are exxxxxpensive.

Keep me in the loop on the meeting of the Oahu chapter of ninjette, if I am able, I will join in.

nb

kkim
April 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM
Oooo... I can feel a Oahu chapter ninjette ride forming. :D

The Kauai guys will be there in spirit if you do manage to get together.

komohana
April 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
definately!! :thumbup:

Sound Wave
April 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM
if i still have the yellow ninja by then, you are welcome to borrow it and we can cruise around the island

ive been meaning to go around the island for some time now on a bike but havent got the time yet as i go to school and work full time all the time. lol

as long as i am not on call for the hospital or working, i will tag along if you guys will have me. :o

kkim
April 21st, 2009, 11:30 PM
as long as i am not on call for the hospital or working, i will tag along if you guys will have me. :o

... and it grows! :D

ojameyo
April 22nd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Yeah tell me about it... so many people going for a Hawaiin ride..LOL

ojameyo
April 24th, 2009, 09:45 AM
So when is the group ride?

noche_caliente
May 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Welcome! :wave: