tlhamon
April 17th, 2009, 07:27 AM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/tlhamon/000_0009.jpg

Broom
April 17th, 2009, 07:37 AM
nice. i dig the yellow rim tape.

dyeclan
April 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Nice! Take it a little further, and get Lenin's mug die cut in black, and slap it on there somewhere. Get that good ol' Soviet Propaganda machine rollin!

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/image/949a2f3cd102d5fa

tinng321
April 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM
i think yellow is the only color that goes nice with red...
not too many choices on a red bike.

miks
April 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
You should remove the reflector from the front hugger. Otherwise, nice bike mate.

voodoomaster
April 17th, 2009, 08:16 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/tlhamon/000_0009.jpg

Sweet machine. I do like the yellow / red combo.:thumbup:

talldrink
April 18th, 2009, 11:23 AM
You should remove the reflector from the front hugger. Otherwise, nice bike mate.

Is there just a nut or bolt holding that reflector on??? I need to remove mine as well. :o

kkim
April 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
turn the reflector counter clockwise... it's just screwed in there. you'll be left with an ugly looking bolt... you can find a nice one identical to the lower fork fender bolt under your passenger seat... just swap the ugly bolt out with the one from under the seat. :)

miks
April 18th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Those reflectors are pretty ugly, removing them makes the bike look so much cleaner.

sm0kediver
April 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I kind of like having some reflectors on my bike. I want cages to see me at night, even if it doesn't look as cool.

Same thing with my rear fender. It's one more reflector (+less water on my back/luggage if I get caught in the rain)

BtW, that's a nice looking bike!

Snake
April 18th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Very nice looking bike except for the cccp, but thats just me.

miks
April 18th, 2009, 07:46 PM
True, you are sacrificing visibility at night. But if you have reflective rim tape, you should be sweet.

SpyderGirl
April 19th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Those reflectors are pretty ugly, removing them makes the bike look so much cleaner.

I have the reflective rim tape I have no use for mine. I am considering mounting small foglights there. Has anyone tried that?

fjyang
April 19th, 2009, 01:23 AM
I like the concept of the red star and CCCP. My recommendation is to go big! englarge that CCCP decal and plaster it across the lower cowl and it will make a bigger impact. If your going to make a statement with the soviet symbol...don't be shy, go all the way (is it retro to go commi these days?). I would also get a matching red helmet and plaster that soviet symbol on both sides while your at it :-)

With the economic hardship hitting your state MI pretty hard, capitalism is getting a bad rap...second time around is the charm for the reds? Viva revolution!....just kidding

shporsche
April 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
turn the reflector counter clockwise... it's just screwed in there. you'll be left with an ugly looking bolt... you can find a nice one identical to the lower fork fender bolt under your passenger seat... just swap the ugly bolt out with the one from under the seat. :)

Nice bike:thumbup:.

Ha ha thats funny kkim, when I removed my reflector I went over my bike looking for a nicer bolt and found the ones on my seat. Great minds think alike:)

Rynownd
April 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Very cool, I also like the red/yellow.