View Full Version : Email notifications

headshrink
April 8th, 2014, 10:53 PM
It seems I'm suddenly receiving notifications for my own replies. As one of the original Kkim recruits from KawiF (the old days), I'm pretty sure this hasn't always been the case.

Alex
April 8th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Is it related to this thread?

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=173672

Were you getting other ninjette emails before, but just not the notifications of replies? A number of providers (aol, hotmail, and sometimes yahoo) were filtering some (and in some cases, all) of the automated emails coming from this site. The fixes described in that thread are letting many more get through. If you still think what you're seeing as weird, could you either post up one of the emails in question in this thread, or just PM it to me?

Alex
April 8th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Looking at your user account, you do have it set up to auto-subscribe to any threads you post in, and get immediate email notifications of any replies to those threads. You can adjust this a couple different ways in your user control panel if you do want it to behave differently.

jeffb502
April 8th, 2014, 11:56 PM
I think he's saying when he's subscribed to a thread he gets an e-mail even when he makes a new post in the thread. For example, he would receive an e-mail that would say "Dear headshrink, headshrink has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to..."

Alex
April 9th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Perhaps, but I'm not clear on how that would happen. Hopefully he posts or sends an example so I can figure it out.

headshrink
April 9th, 2014, 01:49 AM
AFAIK I'm not missing any emails. In the past I'd get a notification on a thread I subscribed to (confirmed auto-sub was intentional) for the first reply, and reset when I checked it. That way I wouldn't get 20 notifications for 20 replies, unless I was literally checking between each one. However, until recently I never got notifications when headshrink posted... of course why would I? It seems I'm getting multiple notifications lately, so it isn't holding extra notifications if I hadn't checked the first one yet, as well as notifying me that I posted myself. I've been more forgetful lately, so maybe I need the reminder.

I hope this description is more helpful. I'll make a point of watching more closely to verify, and I'm not 100% sure it isn't intermittent, or that I'm not crazy.....

Alex
April 9th, 2014, 02:07 AM
That is strange - if you could keep one and forward me the email that is notifying you that you replied, it would be helpful.

Alex
April 9th, 2014, 02:11 AM
By any chance, have you subscribed to this subforum? Or any other subforum? I'm not able to replicate what you're seeing yet. If I reply, and come back and visit, and reply again; I'm not getting email notifications about either of those. I only get a notification when somebody else replies to thread. And then I won't get notified again (even if there are other posts), until I come back and visit which resets that flag.

headshrink
April 9th, 2014, 05:51 PM
If I get another one I'll fwd it to you. No, I didn't subscribe to the sub-forum. It didn't do it that last message, so it's within the realm of possibilities that I could be going crazy.... if that's the case, I hope I didn't start you chasing your tail.

alex.s
April 9th, 2014, 07:36 PM
it's your doppelganger from another dimension trying to haunt you.

headshrink
April 9th, 2014, 09:29 PM
it's your doppelganger from another dimension trying to haunt you.

Most likely.

headshrink
April 10th, 2014, 09:12 PM
So I'm NOT crazy, but I am an idiot. I just got another one of those notifications... but it was from another forum. Sorry for raising the alarm.

Alex
April 17th, 2014, 09:07 PM
:hitself: No worries. :thumbup: